Big Business Got Greedy

all of the acorn registrations that they could not verify, they grouped together and gave this info to the elcections boards, whose job it is to filter out those not legally here or legally able to vote....or bogus registrants....WHICH THEY DID.....this is their job.

so, no, i do not think any of the acorn employee shennanigans made it to the voting booth....i think the election boards did their jobs and what they always do and verified each new voter registrant, as they LEGALLY are required to do.... if any illegals made it thru, it was rare....

though in California, just via their registration process being weak imo, i suppose there could be alot of them, but again, this is just suspicion of such....

I think that's naive of you,, ACORN dosen't got to the extreme that they went to for no payoff..

Did you hear that what you are saying turns out to be all lies and bullshit?

They didn't register millions of voters who were not legal. They did register millions of new voters, and maybe thousands of them were bad. Those registrations were not processed. Mickey Mouse was never registered to vote.

Why don't you go learn the process before you spew your bullshit?

call it bs if you want to,,, they went to a massive effort to register millions of voters,,, dead people, people from other states, same people over and over and over... but then you are prefectly free to call it bs.. you, just like me have to live with the consequences, and the consequences are welcoming 30 or 30 million new Americans. so smile..

We would also need a standardized federal system of identification as right now, the onus of verifying a worker's immigration status is on the employer, and if she/he asks too many questions (or the wrong sort), the prospective employer can sue him/her for discrimination. The deck is stacked even against employers who WANT to police their hirings.

You do remember the ACLU doncha???

Oh, I'm very familiar with who is responsible for this situation, and also, what must be done to fix it. I don't blame all employers, some are definitely between a rock and a hard place, legally.

and you do agree that the ACLU is a liberal organization doncha??? send that memo to bobo..

and you do agree that the ACLU is a liberal organization doncha??? send that memo to bobo..

I think the ACLU is valuable in some ways, and has also been detrimental to society in other ways. You realize, of course, that the ACLU has also defended the rights of social conservatives.

And Skull. I just talked about you with some co workers. You are like the Ford CEO who makes $20 million. Of course you don't think you make too much. And of course you are going to try to cut into your employees pay to max your own profits. It's human nature.

To assume the rest of us are greedy and lazy but you aren't is insane.

But as far as whether or not you are a greedy or stupid republican, you are not stupid. You just happen to be the greedy type.

Anyways, this is why I like to know who I'm talking to. What you do for a living gives me great insite on what kind of person I'm dealing with.

I expect you to fight for yourself. But, I expect the majority of us to push back. That's why I never get mad at Republicans/Libertarians/Conservatives like you. I get mad at the Willow's who think they are on your side but will one day find out they are not.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

I think the ACLU is valuable in some ways, and has also been detrimental to society in other ways. You realize, of course, that the ACLU has also defended the rights of social conservatives.

They demonized the Unions, ACLU and ACORN. That's what they do. Those groups do more good than bad.

Besides, Willow sits on her ass all day and earns zero income. Of course she is a know it all. She has all day to ponder.

they are and always will be the biggest impediment to controlling illegal immigration..

they are and always will be the biggest impediment to controlling illegal immigration..

Oh, I think we'll have to totally disagree on this one. I think the biggest impediment to controlling illegal immigration comes from those who have the most to gain from it: multinational corporations and their ever-important bottom line and stock incentives.

I think that's naive of you,, ACORN dosen't got to the extreme that they went to for no payoff..

they had some employees, temps at that, doing it, to appear like they actually were working....ACORN itself FOUND mickey mouse, FOUND all the same name registrations etc and TOLD the election boards about the ones they found....per law, they could not throw them out....

the election verification boards are the ones who have the gvt paid jobs to verify EVERY NEW VOTER REGISTRANT, ACCORDING TO LAW AND RULES....

they do this with every new registration, as THEY SHOULD.....

so no, i don't think any of the bogus ones got thru, because there are steps taken by the election boards processing new voter registrants that eliminates them, as has always been the case....

if someone filling out a registration application EQUALED someone getting a voters registration card then i might agree with you willow, but it simply doesn't....

also, acorn registered under 2 million voters....the difference between obama and mccain was a near 6 million.

care

They demonized the Unions, ACLU and ACORN. That's what they do. Those groups do more good than bad.

Besides, Willow sits on her ass all day and earns zero income. Of course she is a know it all. She has all day to ponder.

I'm not a fan of the UAW (I've had several friends who were UAW negotiaters, and I know what they did to cripple the American auto industry). I'm also not a fan of ACORN. Or, for that matter, the ACLU. I just think it's almost always a mistake to paint organizations as solidly black or white. Like human beings, they are far too complex for that. I agree with the unions on some issues, and disagree on others. Ditto the ACLU. ACORN, though, I consider essentially worthless. I watched a few paid ACORN folks signing up voters at the Warped Tour in Jacksonville this year and was completely unimpressed by their mission and professionalism (almost non-existent). They were purely in it for the numbers, whether people could vote or not, whether they were already registered or not. Totally unimpressive.

Is yer azz up running around??? somehow I don't think so,, you are too brain dead to see that I agree with everything you have said about illegal immigration. I'm just telling you now it's too fricking late. the deal with the devil has been done.. and if you don't think the ACLU is the biggiest opponent of controlling illegal immigration then you positively flat out don't think.

they had some employees, temps at that, doing it, to appear like they actually were working.. that's what they, ACORN uses as an excuse every election cycle. this year they spouted the same excuse even after it became know that they hired people who had felony records for ID theft. they have been proven to falsify and change information.. but you keep believing in their innocence if you want to I don't ..ACORN itself FOUND mickey mouse, FOUND all the same name registrations etc and TOLD the election boards about the ones they found....per law, they could not throw them out....

the election verification boards are the ones who have the gvt paid jobs to verify EVERY NEW VOTER REGISTRANT, ACCORDING TO LAW AND RULES....

they do this with every new registration, as THEY SHOULD.....

so no, i don't think any of the bogus ones got thru, because there are steps taken by the election boards processing new voter registrants that eliminates them, as has always been the case....

if someone filling out a registration application EQUALED someone getting a voters registration card then i might agree with you willow, but it simply doesn't....

also, acorn registered under 2 million voters....the difference between obama and mccain was a near 6 million.

care

:lol:

And Skull. I just talked about you with some co workers. You are like the Ford CEO who makes $20 million. Of course you don't think you make too much. And of course you are going to try to cut into your employees pay to max your own profits. It's human nature.

So tell me how much income is not "too much" what if I told you, a single person with no kids making 75K was too much. you could easily live on 35K so you are one of the no good rich people. Now smile and give up your income to someone who only makes 20K.

And I haven't laid off anyone. We are simply not forced to at this time. but if my revenue failed to meet at least my operating costs what should I do BooBoo? Keep paying out more than I take in to my employees, stop paying my suppliers and run my business into bankruptcy? Or should I lay someone off take up the slack myself and keep my doors open and hopefully rehire them in a few months?

You're not too business savvy are you?

To assume the rest of us are greedy and lazy but you aren't is insane.

But as far as whether or not you are a greedy or stupid republican, you are not stupid. You just happen to be the greedy type.

To want to take what you do not earn from those that earn more than you is what then if not greed? To covet the wealth and success of others while at the same time abhorring those that have the wealth and success you desire is what?

Greed and envy that's what.

Is it greedy of me to want to keep what I earn, what I,not you, sacrificed and saved for? Is it greedy to want to be beholden to no one and self sufficient in retirement?

See I was taught that hard work, sacrifice and thrift were virtues, you see them as sins.

Anyways, this is why I like to know who I'm talking to. What you do for a living gives me great insite on what kind of person I'm dealing with.

As I said before, we supply services and products of a medical nature to people in 3 states. We provide a quality service at a very fair price and pride ourselves on customer service. So if you think that's a bad thing BooBoo you are just proving what an idiot you are.

I expect you to fight for yourself. But, I expect the majority of us to push back. That's why I never get mad at Republicans/Libertarians/Conservatives like you. I get mad at the Willow's who think they are on your side but will one day find out they are not.

Push back against what? I earned what I have. I did the work, I sacrificed and saved, I used all my own money, no federal loans, no small business association help. We took a personal loan because we have excellent credit, we used our credit cards to buy supplies and equipment. Like I said we risked everything we had. You didn't, WE did. So why should I be happy to fork it all over to you or anyone else?

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.
When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

So now I'm a Nazi
Well IMO the government is out to take what's mine. Why aren't you railing against that? Is it because YOU think YOU will get what is taken from me?

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I was not a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Well BooBoo when "they" come after you because your 75K a year is considered too much money to earn, no one will be left to fight for you because you liked the idea of taking other people's money when you thought it was going to benefit you.

Oh, I think we'll have to totally disagree on this one. I think the biggest impediment to controlling illegal immigration comes from those who have the most to gain from it: multinational corporations and their ever-important bottom line and stock incentives.

Have you run down the list??

Does the ACLU support a national ID card??

Does the ACLU support asking a person's legal status?

Does the ACLU support the ban of renting or selling property to illegals?

Does the ACLU support ferreting out employers who hire illegals?

Does the ACLU support tracking and finding the legitimacy of social security cards used by employees?

Does the ACLU support the deportation of illegals?

What would probably make this quest easier is for you to tell me which effort to stem the tide of illegals entering the country the ACLU supports.. I'll wait.

Have you run down the list??

Does the ACLU support a national ID card??

Does the ACLU support asking a person's legal status?

Does the ACLU support the ban of renting or selling property to illegals?

Does the ACLU support ferreting out employers who hire illegals?

Does the ACLU support tracking and finding the legitimacy of social security cards used by employees?

Does the ACLU support the deportation of illegals?

What would probably make this quest easier is for you to tell me which effort to stem the tide of illegals entering the country the ACLU supports.. I'll wait.

It isn't the ACLU's job to support these things. The ACLU exists ONLY to promote civil liberties. And, not necessarily those of only Americans.

Let me ask you: Does big-time corporate America support any of these things? Of course they don't. It might cut into their profit margins.

It isn't the ACLU's job to support these things. The ACLU exists ONLY to promote civil liberties. And, not necessarily those of only Americans.

Let me ask you: Does big-time corporate America support any of these things? Of course they don't. It might cut into their profit margins.
and the democrats voter bloc.. end of story..

now you want to parse the arguement, not only do they not support these actions they actively fight to abolish them the ACLU is the biggest impediment to stemming the tide of illegal immigration,, so, it you don't object to that practice get used to living with illegals,, it's just that simple.

Is yer azz up running around??? somehow I don't think so,, you are too brain dead to see that I agree with everything you have said about illegal immigration. I'm just telling you now it's too fricking late. the deal with the devil has been done.. and if you don't think the ACLU is the biggiest opponent of controlling illegal immigration then you positively flat out don't think.

The ACLU has no control/power over this. They may fight for the rights of illegals, but they can't stop us from throwing them out if they are hurting the American way.

The ACLU sure didn't have any power the 6 years the GOP ran the government. And I'll bet you this illegal problem multiplied under Bush.

Enough of us want them gone. Fuck the ACLU on this issue.

Yes, this is one thing a lot of us agree on. Remember before the 06 election all of us called our Senators to tell them to fix this problem? And they passed a bullshit bill that didn't fix anything?

Sure the ACLU and Latino's had some power during the election, but now we have 2 years to do what needs to be done. Who are the hispanics going to vote for if we all kick out the illegals? I think we'll be ok as long as Republicans don't try to come out looking like the good guys in this. Or they don't try to make the dems look like the bad guys in this. But of course they'll make it a wedge issue.

Now Bush and the GOP that have been in cohoots with the companies that hire these illegals, they actually had the power to do something about this problem but instead they passed a crappy law that didn't fix anything.

Actually, I hear some companies are being raided and some illegals are being sent home, so that's better than nothing. But I also here those illegals come right back. So it's an illegal employer problem.

The ACLU doesn't pay these illegals when they come here, corporations do.

They turned a blind eye. They even defended hiring illegals, saying they were just doing jobs Americans won't do. I can even provide you a utube moment where John McCain said it during his campaign. Well they do a lot more than jobs we won't do.

PS. The miners that died in those mine collapses? Non union mines. Illegals were working those mines. No protection for the workers.

Forum List

Back