Big Bain Backfire

Obama is in a sheer panic right now as his attack on capitalism has blown up in his face.

Big Bain Backfire | Mitt Romney for President

Not really. We just had that jackass from New Jersey stab us in the back because he wants to be a "maverick" and run against Chris Christy next time he's up.

Here is the truth about Romney's style of capitalism.

Stage Stores | Romney Economics | Mitt Romney's private sector record

If you think Americans are ok with Romney coming in, borrowing the amount the company is worth, paying himself back right away with the loan, saddling the company with huge debt, which leads to layoffs and sending jobs overseas and if they go bankrupt, Romney steals the pension too. :eusa_shhh:

There was a full thread on this and you missed it...obviously.

I live in K.C. for a while and know something about GST....it was headed for the crapper.

Many people were scratching their heads when Bain came in wondering what Bain was smoking (to even try and get involved).

GTS was doing O.K....but the steel industry took a hit.

Bain got it's money...but nothing like what it was hoping for.

I am sure Bain does not consider GST a success.

Why did they take a controlling share ? Because nobody else wanted the dump.

You bastards are to stupid for words.

GTS was not doing OK.

Bain bout a majority interest in the company.

Bain sucked their investment out of it, by laying on unsustainable debt.

Bain raped their retirement funds to suck more money out of them.

We, the people, were forced to pay chump change to make sure that pension was not zero.

Romney's kind of capitalism fucked us and fucked CTS empoyees.

Bain pumped over 100 million into the place. And it was doing well...for a while.

Bain took over in 1993 and was engaged for eight years. That isn't what they normally do.

Bain did not suck their investment out of it. They were hoping to turn it just like they did Steel Dynamics. Can you read moron.

And if Bain had raided the pension, they would have been taken to court. The pension program was grossly underfuneded (one more reason not to get involved). If they took money out of the pension....I have never seen any documentation to that effect.

The company went belly up when the market for it's products went soft.

You bastards just can't let go.

Bain got most of its money back by forcing CTS to take on unsustainable debt. Bain pulled their money out, with a damn good profit in that scheme. Bain made more money when they raped the pension fund, and forced the American taxpayer to contribute chump change, compared what those 20-30 year workers put int.

Romney was a predatory capitalist. Nothing he did convinces me that he'll pull a secret plan out his ass to create jobs.

Lets say my company is worth one million dollars on paper but it also brings in 200,000 a year. Somehow, Vulture Capitalist Romney can borrow on the FUTURE value of the company. So he REALLY takes out a big ass loan and then bankrupts the company but then he always makes a profit doing this.

P.S. Bain.com is different than BainCapital.com. Bain is good, Bain Capital is Romney and bad. Remember there is a difference.

Obama is in a sheer panic right now as his attack on capitalism has blown up in his face.

Capitalism? What Bain did wasn't capitalism. It was rape.

Fact: CTS was having problems. Bain bought a majority share.

Fact: Bain forced CTS to take on unsustainable debt, and used those preferred shares to recover their investment, plus a profit.

Fact: Bain sucked money out of the pension fund that was a long term agreement between the employer and employee. We the taxpayer picked up the bill to give those retirees chump change on the dollar.

Was Bain sued for their scheme to defraud the taxpayers?

I live in K.C. for a while and know something about GST....it was headed for the crapper.

Many people were scratching their heads when Bain came in wondering what Bain was smoking (to even try and get involved).

Bain took it on because there was profit to be made from its demise. And more money to be made if they could push costs off onto the american taxpayer, which they did. 44 million in costs.

Vulture, not venture

GTS was not doing OK.

We, the people, were forced to pay chump change to make sure that pension was not zero.

Bain pumped over 100 million into the place. And it was doing well...for a while.

Bain took over in 1993 and was engaged for eight years. That isn't what they normally do.

Bain did not suck their investment out of it. They were hoping to turn it just like they did Steel Dynamics. Can you read moron.

And if Bain had raided the pension, they would have been taken to court. The pension program was grossly underfuneded (one more reason not to get involved). If they took money out of the pension....I have never seen any documentation to that effect.

:eusa_liar: or :cuckoo:

Citing a Romney campaign ad does absolutely nothing to bolster your claims about Obama's state of mind or his campaign strategy.

The ad itself seems rather weak to me. Nowhere does anyone except the narrator attack Obama. The ad does claim, incorrectly, that Booker's "nauseating" line is an attack on Obama rather than on partisanship. Of course, after after Romney ran his "we're going to lose" ad the bar for honesty in his ads was set incredibly low.

GTS was not doing OK.

Bain got most of its money back by forcing CTS to take on unsustainable debt. Bain pulled their money out, with a damn good profit in that scheme. Bain made more money when they raped the pension fund, and forced the American taxpayer to contribute chump change, compared what those 20-30 year workers put int.

Romney was a predatory capitalist. Nothing he did convinces me that he'll pull a secret plan out his ass to create jobs.

Bullcrap.

Bain leveraged the existing assets and talked banks into loaning the company huge amounts of money for expansion. I know people in engineering firms who worked in that place for years (and when they first got there, they were afraid to go into the production areas they were in such bad shape). Regulators didn't help things much as it seems it took longer to get permits to some things.

The company wasn't spiraling down like it was before.

The market for it's products went soft and it was shut down. There were hints of labor issues too. The unions whined all the time...even though it would not have lasted much past 1995 had Bain not come in.

Please document the pension rape you describe. I have never seen anything to that effect or are you just farting out talking points.

Bain made paultry money on this place compared to what they made on Steely Dynamics.

You morons just keep bleating.

There was a whole thread on this and you pissants just need to replay it in the hopes you can change the outcome of the discussion this time.

Bullcrap.

Bain leveraged the existing assets and talked banks into loaning the company huge amounts of money for expansion. I know people in engineering firms who worked in that place for years (and when they first got there, they were afraid to go into the production areas they were in such bad shape). Regulators didn't help things much as it seems it took longer to get permits to some things.

The company wasn't spiraling down like it was before.

The market for it's products went soft and it was shut down. There were hints of labor issues too. The unions whined all the time...even though it would not have lasted much past 1995 had Bain not come in.

Please document the pension rape you describe. I have never seen anything to that effect or are you just farting out talking points.

Bain made paultry money on this place compared to what they made on Steely Dynamics.

You morons just keep bleating.

There was a whole thread on this and you pissants just need to replay it in the hopes you can change the outcome of the discussion this time.

But Listening. That just isn't the way Dick read it in the HuffPo forums!!

Bain took it on because there was profit to be made from its demise. And more money to be made if they could push costs off onto the american taxpayer, which they did. 44 million in costs.

Vulture, not venture

So how much money did Bain make on the deal ?

To read your post...it would have to be at least 44 million.

GTS was not doing OK.

:eusa_liar: or :cuckoo:

Smokin' hot response !!!

I figure Mitt isn't gonna break out the big guns till Obama decides whether or not to keep Biden.

Once he's decided Mitt is gonna open up on him. This only makes Obama look petty........

I'm pretty sure that Mr Biden will not be on the ticket this time around.
I'm thinking Mr Biden will want to be "spending more time with his family", or something like that.

I think Obama should spend more time with his family. And not on more vacations on our dime.

Owebama's War on Dogs. Fail.

Owebama's War on Women. Fail.

Owebama's War on Free Enterprise. Fail.
(Well, he is kicking America's ass right now, I just mean his class war against Bain)

Owebama's War on God / Christianity - Stay tuned!!

Booker said the attacks on the Reverend Wright were nauseating.

The Republicans are now excising that portion of his statement in order to make it say what he didn't, and mean what he didn't.

I agree. The attacks on Reverend Wright are nauseating. So is Obama's attack on Bain Capital.

Why is that?

Wouldn't it be irresponsible to not fully vet Bishop Romney's record in the private and public sector?

Booker said the attacks on the Reverend Wright were nauseating.

The Republicans are now excising that portion of his statement in order to make it say what he didn't, and mean what he didn't.

I agree. The attacks on Reverend Wright are nauseating. So is Obama's attack on Bain Capital.

Why is that?

Wouldn't it be irresponsible to not fully vet Bishop Romney's record in the private and public sector?

Perfectly fair, as long as its honest. These ads aren't. They're bullshit.

Why is that?

Please point out the dishonesty:

GST Steel | Romney Economics | Mitt Romney's private sector record

The very first line is BS. This was not a successful company.

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 105 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993.

Please point out the dishonesty:

GST Steel | Romney Economics | Mitt Romney's private sector record

The very first line is BS. This was not a successful company.

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 105 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993.

LOL

Ouch.

Forum List

Back