Big Bain Backfire

Booker said the attacks on the Reverend Wright were nauseating.

The Republicans are now excising that portion of his statement in order to make it say what he didn't, and mean what he didn't.

I agree. The attacks on Reverend Wright are nauseating. So is Obama's attack on Bain Capital.

I disagree. Revernd Wrights words and actions are his own, not Obama's. As he ran Bain Capital and in fact, spouts his tenure there as a selling point, Romneys words and actions are his own.

Its apples and oranges.

It sure felt lonely when I was defending Romney and his days at Bain when it was Gingrich making the Bain attacks.

Now that Obama has picked up the Bain baton, it is suddenly cool to defend Romney and Bain.

Hmmmm...

We should go over the past few pages and substitute the name Gingrich wherever Obama's name appears. I bet it would be a fascinating exercise. :lol:

Last edited:
If you think what Bain Capital did to that steel company in Kansas City is venture capitalism, you need to go back to school.

Educating Liberals is what we do here.:

'A private-equity firm looking to quickly strip value from a company—to "suck" the life out of it—does not do so by investing $100 million in modernization and holding on for eight years, through bankruptcy. '

Strassel: Vampire Capitalism? Please - WSJ.com

Yes, SnickerFire, there is a big Bain backfire - at Romney. Romney can't run on his poor performance as Governor, so Bain is all he has left - and it ain't pretty. Obama will hammer this until November 6, 2012 - as he should.

Yes, SnickerFire, there is a big Bain backfire - at Romney. Romney can't run on his poor performance as Governor, so Bain is all he has left - and it ain't pretty. Obama will hammer this until November 6, 2012 - as he should.

Gingrich probably overnighted his Bain material to Obama. Gingrich and his millionaire backer are the origin of the Bain attacks.

How long before Obama starts showing clips from that half hour flick Gingrich's buddy made, you think?

Last edited:
Booker said the attacks on the Reverend Wright were nauseating.

The Republicans are now excising that portion of his statement in order to make it say what he didn't, and mean what he didn't.

I agree. The attacks on Reverend Wright are nauseating. So is Obama's attack on Bain Capital.

I disagree. Revernd Wrights words and actions are his own, not Obama's. As he ran Bain Capital and in fact, spouts his tenure there as a selling point, Romneys words and actions are his own.

Its apples and oranges.

If you're lying and taking things out of context, its the same. If you are demonizing and dividing for political gain, it's the same.

And that's what is happening on both sides.

Hope and Change!

Bain was successful in saving dead companies 78% of the time.

That is an amazing success story, and it made him very wealthy.

Only in America, eh, chief?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWnB9FGmWE]When Mitt Romney Came To Town[/ame]

If you think what Bain Capital did to that steel company in Kansas City is venture capitalism, you need to go back to school.

'A private-equity firm looking to quickly strip value from a company—to "suck" the life out of it—does not do so by investing $100 million in modernization and holding on for eight years, through bankruptcy. '

The spin from Rupert Murdoch's Wall Street Journal is predictable...

vulture_capitalists.jpg

I figure Mitt isn't gonna break out the big guns till Obama decides whether or not to keep Biden.

Once he's decided Mitt is gonna open up on him. This only makes Obama look petty........

I'm pretty sure that Mr Biden will not be on the ticket this time around.
I'm thinking Mr Biden will want to be "spending more time with his family", or something like that.

My guess it will be 'health reasons.'
yeah, he can't stomach Doberman.

:eusa_angel:

It's Etch-A-Sketch time. It is now cool to defend Romney.

Where were his piss-drinkers when Gingrich was attacking Bain, I wonder?

Is pumping $100 million into modernization what a vulture capitalist typically does, or did I just hand your head to you?

LOL

Gingrichis in a sheer panic right now as his attack on capitalism has blown up in his face.

:lol:

Ah, Gingrich is showing his inner Karl Marx.

LOL

:lol:

I wonder where Booker was when Gingrich was doing it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wonder who here was defending Romney when Gingrich was doing it.

Now that the party has its nominee, its time to fall in line and hold to the party script.

Perfectly fair, as long as its honest. These ads aren't. They're bullshit.
Please point out the dishonesty:

GST Steel | Romney Economics | Mitt Romney's private sector record

The very first line is BS. This was not a successful company.

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 105 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993.

Do you have anything that confirms your accusation?

I wonder who here was defending Romney when Gingrich was doing it.

Wow.

You really are more ignorant than you seem. I didn't think that possible.

Those attacks cost Gingrich all of his momentum with the conservative base.

Why not sit this one out and just read?

The very first line is BS. This was not a successful company.

Kansas City’s GST Steel was a successful company that had been making steel rods for 105 years when Mitt Romney and his partners took control in 1993.

Do you have anything that confirms your accusation?

Typical Leftist moron.

I figure Mitt isn't gonna break out the big guns till Obama decides whether or not to keep Biden.

Once he's decided Mitt is gonna open up on him. This only makes Obama look petty........

I'm pretty sure that Mr Biden will not be on the ticket this time around.
I'm thinking Mr Biden will want to be "spending more time with his family", or something like that.

Im leaning the other way. I think Biden will stay on because to do otherwise looks like Obama is throwing him under the bus. Wont play well politically, in my opinion.

IF Biden were to go, the only possible choice that could help Obama would be Hilary Clinton. The Radical Right would have a field day, but its the only choice that strengthens Obamas political position sans Biden.

Is pumping $100 million into modernization what a vulture capitalist typically does, or did I just hand your head to you?

LOL

bumpity bump

Forum List

Back