Biden’s oil & gas leasing ban ruled unlawful by federal judge

All he is doing is helping out the capitalist pigs of the petroleum industry.

... And almost everyone with a Mutual Fund or a 401K.

My royalty payments have sucked since oil was under forty dollars a barrels for too long.

Domestic producers just may pump themselves into bannkruptcy.

can you livestream the celebration you throw for your commie buddies when they do?

View attachment 502284

They have done it before and its no laughing matter. Why would you celebrate?
It happened during Reagan, my old Papa lost his shirt when Conoco folded after Reagan deregulated oil.
Oil went down to $10/bbl under Reagan. How is that bad for consumers?
Good for consumers bad for petroleum business.
So why should the voters about oil companies going bankrupt?

Because it drives the ppb up. Less production, higher costs.

Sure, but a world without petroleum, gas and coal are just pipe dreams. They are all required for a modern society.

Of course fossil fuels will be with us a for some time to come.
I was talking about capitalism and stewardship by the person, and not through societal or government controls.

A lot of things are just a dream until you make them a reality where you are standing.
I understand the difference between trying to fix the world, and ensuring everything I have control over is in good order.

You can't make steel without coal. You can't make plastics or synthetic fibers without oil and gas. Name one thing you buy that doesn't contain one of them.

Yep, I'm up big on my investments, in guess what, EV charging. If they're going to blow a ton of money on it, I'll get my share of it.

There is a way a person can balance capitalism and good stewardship at the same time.
I am not suggesting that is what everyone does, just making the point that things can be done properly.

Sure, but a world without petroleum, gas and coal are just pipe dreams. They are all required for a modern society.

Fossil fuels are running out.
Somewhere between 100 and 500 years worth.
I don't think solar or wind are going to cut it, so then we are likely going to have to go nuclear or bio fuel.

Wind and solar couldn't exist without oil, gas and coal. Nuclear is the best, most reliable and most ecologically friendly. Yet the envirowennies shit their pants at the very mention of nuclear. BTW the earth is constantly making new oil and gas, including abiotic gas.

Watts Up With That?

Guest “What took so long?” by David Middleton

June 16,2021

Excerpt:

Biden’s oil lease ban lifted by federal judge
By JENNIFER A. DLOUHY AND ROBERT BURNSON on 6/16/2021
WASHINGTON (Bloomberg) –A federal judge lifted the Biden administration’s temporary ban on new oil and gas leases on public lands and offshore waters.
In a victory for 13 states that filed the legal challenge in Louisiana, U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty granted a preliminary injunction Tuesday blocking President Joe Biden’s Jan. 27 executive order while the litigation continues.

LINK

=======

The possible appeal will be a waste of time since Biden using EO was overturning Congressional law.
Veggie Joe is getting slapped around by the courts more than Barry did.

Wow!

I was talking about capitalism and stewardship by the person, and not through societal or government controls.

A lot of things are just a dream until you make them a reality where you are standing.
I understand the difference between trying to fix the world, and ensuring everything I have control over is in good order.

You can't make steel without coal. You can't make plastics or synthetic fibers without oil and gas. Name one thing you buy that doesn't contain one of them.

Since gas, coal, and oil are all plants, bacteria, and time, then there likely is an alternative. For example, palm oil is good enough to use as a fuel right away.

So where's the can or bottle made and what is their power source?

I said ... "Of course fossil fuels will be with us a for some time to come."
What the fuck point are you trying to make ... Why are you asking me questions, you nit-wit ... :auiqs.jpg:

Do you not know where bottles come from, and the plethora of power sources available?
Not to mention you said name one product that doesn't contain one.
Beer doesn't contain a bottle, the bottle contains beer.

Last edited:

Since gas, coal, and oil are all plants, bacteria, and time, then there likely is an alternative. For example, palm oil is good enough to use as a fuel right away.

Actually the earth also produces abiotic gas, meaning it's not created by plants. And how many barrels of palm oil are available. The world uses more than 97 million barrels of oil every day.

So where's the can or bottle made and what is their power source?

I said ... "Of course fossil fuels will be with us a for some time to come."
What the fuck point are you trying to make ... Why are you asking me questions, you nit-wit ... :auiqs.jpg:

Do you not know where bottles come from, and the plethora of power sources available?
Not to mention you said name one product that doesn't contain one.
Beer doesn't contain a bottle, the bottle contains beer.

Just making a point, nothing you have in your possession can be made without the use of steel, which requires coal to make. Any kind of a power plant requires oil and gas to make. And you can't buy the beer without a container, and the price of the container is included. And all of it requires power to make. As I said earlier, the modern world would be impossible without oil, gas and coal. So unless you want to hunt your food with spears and bows and cook it on a wooden spit over a wood fire you need to accept reality.

Just making a point, nothing you have in your possession can be made without the use of steel, which requires coal to make.

I own lots of trees, and they grow in dirt with the help of sunlight and rain.

Just making a point, nothing you have in your possession can be made without the use of steel, which requires coal to make.

I own lots of trees, and they grow in dirt with the help of sunlight and rain.

So do I, how much flint do you have to make arrow points and cutting tools? Oh and how good are you at cutting hide to make your bow strings?

So do I, how much flint do you have to make arrow points and cutting tools? Oh and how good are you at cutting hide to make your bow strings?

My bow is a compound bow made of Carbon Fiber and Red Elm,
The strings are made of BCY-X (83% Dyneema and and 17% Vectran).
I use Swhacker 100 grain Mechanical Broadheads for hogs, and Huntingdoor 150 grain Medieval Broadheads for deer.

You can go all Daniel Boone if you feel like it, but I ain't playing around when I shoot shit ... :thup:

Cutting tools ... Too many to list.
Hides ... Don't have a use for them, and feed them to the gators and turtles.

My bow is a compound bow made of Carbon Fiber and Red Elm,
The strings are made of BCY-X (83% Dyneema and and 17% Vectran).
I use Swhacker 100 grain Mechanical Broadheads for hogs, and Huntingdoor 150 grain Medieval Broadheads for deer.

You can go all Daniel Boone if you feel like it, but I ain't playing around when I shoot shit ... :thup:

Cutting tools ... Too many to list.
Hides ... Don't have a use for them, and feed them to the gators and turtles.

So what you're saying without oil, gas and coal you'd probably die. None of the thing you listed will last forever.

So what you're saying without oil, gas and coal you'd probably die. None of the thing you listed will last forever.

I am so 'not worried' about that, your death knell fantasies are kind of funny.
I will not only survive whatever market conditions you can throw at me ... I'll figure out how to make profit doing it.

Dying ... Maybe from too many margaritas and acute alcohol poisonings ... :auiqs.jpg:

I am so 'not worried' about that, your death knell fantasies are kind of funny.
I will not only survive whatever market conditions you can throw at me ... I'll figure out how to make profit doing it.

Dying ... Maybe from too many margaritas and acute alcohol poisonings ... :auiqs.jpg:

Cheers, I prefer black russians myself. But I haven't had one in years, I won't drink if I will need to drive within 24 hrs.

Cheers, I prefer black russians myself. But I haven't had one in years, I won't drink if I will need to drive within 24 hrs.

Well I prefer Bourbon ... Buffalo Trace if available.
But, frozen margaritas on the back porch in the Summer while grilling and throwing darts comes around from time to time.

Anyway ... I couldn't care less if the Federal Government caps all the wells on Federal Lands (topic).
Adaptation and innovations are the keys to success ... And I don't expect much of anything worthwhile coming off Capitol Hill.

Watts Up With That?

Guest “What took so long?” by David Middleton

June 16,2021

Excerpt:

Biden’s oil lease ban lifted by federal judge
By JENNIFER A. DLOUHY AND ROBERT BURNSON on 6/16/2021
WASHINGTON (Bloomberg) –A federal judge lifted the Biden administration’s temporary ban on new oil and gas leases on public lands and offshore waters.
In a victory for 13 states that filed the legal challenge in Louisiana, U.S. District Judge Terry Doughty granted a preliminary injunction Tuesday blocking President Joe Biden’s Jan. 27 executive order while the litigation continues.

LINK

=======

The possible appeal will be a waste of time since Biden using EO was overturning Congressional law.
"...the White House had neglected to provide a required comment period and bypassed other bureaucratic steps. Doughty wrote......"

So basically they can if they go through the proper steps? Is that what the Judge ruled?

NO,

Here is a comment written by a Lawyer who read the entire ruling:

"I read the judge’s PI order. Very solid.
In a nutshell, the judge said Congress wrote the fed lands O&G leasing law, laying out the procedures to be followed. They did NOT give the President the right to halt that process even temporarily—especially on grounds inimitable to the reasons Congress permitted federal O&G leasing in the first place.
Very solid opinion. Will withstand appeal. Another example of Biden over-reach."

LINK

=====

The very next comment:

"It’s so solid, DOI said it would immediately comply. I was really expecting a very quick contempt of court ruling because the last time this sort of ruling happened (Macondo), the Fed’s ignored it."
Everybody has an opinion. "It’s not a new tactic: Democratic states like California sued the Trump administration dozens of times, and Texas frequently sued former President Barack Obama."

CHIEF CRITIC​

“The judge’s order turns a blind eye to runaway climate pollution that’s devastating our planet,” Randi Spivak from the Center for Biological Diversity said in a statement to Forbes, arguing Biden has the power to pause oil and gas leases. “This is a deeply dangerous order that heightens the imperative for bold, urgent climate action on our public lands and oceans.”

You didn't bother to note that what Biden did was to stop Congressional LAW, that is was the major reason why the Judge stopped it.

You missed this: "An Interior Department spokesperson told Forbes the agency will comply with the ruling."

The Forbes article didn't help you at all.

:cool:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back