Biden's America - $18 Combo Meal At McDonalds

That is only true of people who are money motivated or stuff motivated.

There are other motivators for people that have nothing to do with wealth or poverty.

Even guys in prison can have a "good day".

This is a fair statement, but as one that has lived in poverty and that is now very well off, I will take my now vs my then.

Our society that values greed and selfishness above all else

There is some truth to this, I wonder if it is not required for a consumer economy to thrive.

I have been told on this very forum I am not a "real man" because my job is not my whole life and I refuse to be defined by my job.

As the wife and I talk with Ex-pats in different countries this different view of work and money is one of the things brought up a lot depending upon the country we are talking to people in. Right now much of our focus is on Panama and the folks there have a very different view of the importance of work in one's life priorities. One thing many Americans struggle with is the lack of urgency when you are dealing with people from the country. They will not put their life on hold to deal with you or even do the job you hired them to do. The joke is they will tell you that they will do it "manana" which while meaning "tomorrow' also means "not today, but some day in the future"

People sink into depression, hate those around them, get sick and die prematurely, have broken psyches and sexual orientations, fall into obscurantism, suicide and escapism cults - and still continue to convince themselves that it is their nature, that they are in the most natural environment.
Great description of MAGA and other cult personalities.

Forum List

Back