Biden

Discussion in 'Election Forums' started by RedTeamTex, Sep 10, 2015.

Tags:
  1. RedTeamTex

RedTeamTex Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +108
    I think it'll be Biden for the Blue Team.

As bad as Clinton is at retail politics, Joe really isn't much better at the national level. He's his own worst enemy when a camera is rolling. I think he has as much talent to defeat himself as Clinton does.

Still, underestimating him would be a mistake. The swing vote will like his charm more than they want to hold his gaffes against him. And the fact that he's a "loveable" mouth gives him more room to break from Obama than he'd deserve. We live in an age of titillating, visceral, stream-of-consciousness social media--and if the Trump phenomenon proves anything, it's that the standard of popular support has fallen far. This works in Biden's favor. The recent loss of his son will garner him popular sympathy and helps weave a personal story that people like.

He's versed in policy, if not inspired to formulate it. Lack of video evidence notwithstanding, he can work a room where policy is getting decided--albeit more with a knack for acoustic consensus building than inherent conviction. (Perhaps this would be a dramatic improvement over the current president.) Still, it doesn't take much looking to see his relish and zeal in whipping up the wing.

I'm hoping he's a better candidate in the distance than he is when he's actually running, and I don't think Democrats will have any choice but to go cringingly negative regardless of whom they nominate.

How do you see a Biden candidacy?

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jackson

Jackson Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,459
    I worry when someone says he's not sure if he can handle the job emotionally. And he has to have his wife's approval. The passion and competency is questionable at best.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,673
    The competency isn't even questionable, it's obviously not there. Nor is there any measurable intellectual value or moral standing. He is clearly in politics for no other purpose than self enrichment just like almost every other political whore.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. theDoctorisIn

theDoctorisIn Senior Mod Staff Member Senior USMB Moderator

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,379
    "Gaffes" of Biden's sort aren't really a negative, just like W. Bush's weren't really a negative.

As for intelligence and policy experience - particularly foreign policy - Biden has more of it than any other candidate on either side.

I like Joe Biden and would vote for him in a heartbeat. But I don't know if he wants to be President.

5. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,459
    With the history of gaffes, I can see where one might think he is intellectually challenged. I still don't like the idea that "I'm running because my son told me to before he died," is Bidens reason for running.

6. Jackson

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,459
    Doesn't that last statement bother you? For the leader of the free world, there shouldn't be any doubts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,673
    That's odd, every one of W's gaffes ended up headline news and worn out SNL skits. The bed wetters insisted it was proof that W was a moron.

It would be nice if you tools made up your "minds", or whatever appendix constitutes your "minds".

8. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,379
    Did W's "gaffes" harm his approval ratings, or cause him to lose the election? The answer is No.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. theDoctorisIn

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18,379
    I'd trust someone who doesn't really want to be President a lot more than I'd trust someone who really wanted to be President.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pete7469

Pete7469 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,673
    No, because it turned out his college grades were better than Lurch Kerry's.

The point is the lib media gave it their all to paint W as an idiot, yet here we have a moonbat messiah and Plugs Biden who say something insanely idiotic almost every time they speak, but the libtard media responds with: