Biden To Support Obama's Impeachment?

SAYIT

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2012
So maybe the Prez will get the OK.
Or maybe he will use a rejection as an excuse not to do what most Americans do not want him to do.
But perhaps he will attack Syria even without congressional approval.
In that case does our VP stand by his words of 2007 and "lead an effort to impeach" Obama?

SENATOR JOE BIDEN: ...I was Chairman of the Judiciary Committee for 17 years. I teach separation of powers in Constitutional law. This is something I know. So I brought a group of Constitutional scholars together to write a piece that I'm going to deliver to the whole United States Senate pointing out that the president has no constitutional authority to take this country to war against a country of 70 million people unless we're attacked or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. And if he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that, but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that -- and I don't say it lightly, I don't say it lightly. (Hardball, December 4, 2007)

Or maybe he will use a rejection as an excuse not to do what most Americans do not want him to do.
In that case does our VP stand by his words of 2007 and "lead an effort to impeach" Obama?

SENATOR JOE BIDEN: ...I was Chairman of the Judiciary Committee for 17 years. I teach separation of powers in Constitutional law. This is something I know. So I brought a group of Constitutional scholars together to write a piece that I'm going to deliver to the whole United States Senate pointing out that the president has no constitutional authority to take this country to war against a country of 70 million people unless we're attacked or unless there is proof that we are about to be attacked. And if he does, I would move to impeach him. The House obviously has to do that, but I would lead an effort to impeach him. The reason for my doing that -- and I don't say it lightly, I don't say it lightly. (Hardball, December 4, 2007)

I think hew was drinking more highballs back then than today. Could be wrong.

-Geaux

Oh the hypocrisy. I hope he blows the shit out of Syria and brings us to Defcon II. There will be riots in the streets and Obama with his ilk will get ran out of town.

You do understand that ‘impeachment’ is an indictment, in theory a president could be ‘impeached’ because the sky is blue.

The real question is would the Senate convict.

Clearly the Senate would not convict since no court has ruled on the constitutionality of a president using military force absent Congressional approval. Without such a ruling there would be no grounds for a conviction, and likely no grounds for ‘impeachment,’ for that matter.

Consequently any effort by House republicans to ‘impeach’ Obama would be as partisan and as pointless as Biden with regard to Bush in 2007, or Congressional republicans with regard to Clinton.

-Geaux

You know that Joe Biden has been a teetotaler since he was in college, right?

-Geaux

Don't do that. I messes with their think tanks.

-Geaux

Oh, so he has no excuse? Well, I did say I could be wrong

-Geaux

You do understand that ‘impeachment’ is an indictment, in theory a president could be ‘impeached’ because the sky is blue.

You do understand that the question was clearly stated: Would the VP "lead an effort to impeach" the Prez?

Apparently Biden didn't support Clinton's impeachment so there is little hope that the brain damaged V.P. will ever criticize another democrat much less his own boss.

Clearly the Senate would not convict since no court has ruled on the constitutionality of a president using military force absent Congressional approval. Without such a ruling there would be no grounds for a conviction, and likely no grounds for ‘impeachment,’ for that matter.

Consequently any effort by House republicans to ‘impeach’ Obama would be as partisan and as pointless as Biden with regard to Bush in 2007, or Congressional republicans with regard to Clinton.

No need for court review, the Constitution clearly gives ONLY congress the power to declare war. Abuse of power is plenty to impeach, but you're right the senate wouldn't convict maobama if he killed his kids on national TV. They would swear he did it for national security.

Forum List

Back