Biden tells untruths again

1694774859298.jpeg

By Steven Nelson
Published Sep. 14, 2023, 9:09 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON — President Biden told a group of rabbis on Thursday that he was “raised in the synagogues” of Delaware — after previously claiming to have been raised by the state’s then-tiny Puerto Rican community.

“I, you might say, was raised in the synagogues of my state. You think I’m kidding, I’m not,” Biden said during a call ahead of Rosh HaShanah, the Jewish new year holiday that begins Friday.

The 80-year-old cited the Beth Shalom congregation in Wilmington, Del., as “the home of countless friends for me.” He named three rabbis, including a current one at the synagogue.

“I’ve always believed the message of the High Holidays is universal — that it’s never too late to repent, to change, to begin anew,” Biden said.

Biden’s 2007 memoir “Promises to Keep” doesn’t contain a single use of the word “synagogue” and its seven uses of the words “Jews” and “Jewish” all are when discussing history or politics. Beth Shalom is not mentioned. His 2017 book “Promise Me, Dad” has similarly sparse mentions of Judaism.

While speaking to the rabbis Thursday, Biden made other claims that have yielded unflattering fact-checks, including saying that he “got involved with the civil rights movement” before becoming a senator.

SEE ALSO​

Biden boasts teaching ‘political theory’ at UPenn — but he never taught a single class at the Ivy League school

Biden previously has told contested stories about his purported civil rights activism, including claiming without evidence that he was arrested during protests.

At other points, Biden has said he wasn’t so involved.

“During the 1960s, I was in fact very concerned about the civil rights movement,” Biden said in 1987. “I was not an activist.I worked at an all-black swimming pool in the east side of Wilmington, Delaware. I was involved in what they were thinking, what they were feeling. I was involved, but I was not out marching. I was not down in Selma, I was not anywhere else. I was a suburbanite kid who got a dose of exposure to what was happening to black Americans in my own city.”

Biden has a habit of telling factually questionable stories when attempting to relate to his audiences.

Comment:
Democrat Voters must love to be lied to.
This is not the dementia; this is a lifelong habit with Biden.
The Dems will have to replace Biden at this point.
This guy is everyone's favorite uncle who tells wild exaggerated stories about anything he can make up. Very entertaining and funny to listen to. Not so presidential. No one takes him seriously.

Forum List

Back