Biden - Space Force - China

Dogbiscuit

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 2020
I don't think many people, including myself, fully realize the importance of our future in space. I for one am very excited about Space Force and what it will mean for future generations, and our security. I still retain hope for Trump's reelection, but that's not likely at this point.
So where does Biden stand on the issues and policies of space ?

Link...
Assuming the Democrats come into power, next year you’ll be facing significant budget deficits, probably a strong desire to cut spending from the Republican Party. You will see lots of initiatives proposed by the Biden administration that don’t involve space but involve healthcare, climate, basic manufacturing, R&D.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another accurate article explaining Biden's intentions.
Under Obama, NASA turned inward. Whatever funds were made available to the space program either went to entirely terrestrial pursuits, like addressing global warming, or robotic missions into deep space that would take decades to achieve anything meaningful. While the latter are important, they would never capture the imagination of Americans the way that the manned spaceflight program could.
Should Joe Biden win the presidency in November, U.S. space policy will return to the same turgid place it was during the Obama years. In 2008, when Biden was tapped to be Barack Obama’s running mate, his big idea for space policy was to have NASA conduct joint space missions with China.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Some good news recently
NASA and U.S. Space Force sign memorandum paving the way for ramped-up space efforts

Gordon Chang...
Chang has appeared before the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission among others. He has warned that Chinese students attending U.S. colleges and universities have become the long arm of Chinese totalitarianism, that students, professors, and scientists have become “nontraditional collectors” of intelligence for China, and has stated that China’s influence on activities on American campuses have infringed on academic freedom, violated sovereignty, and have violated U.S. laws.Further, Chang has stated that China is not trying to compete with the United States within the Westphalian order, but to overthrow that order altogether.

Here Gordon Chang does a great job of explaining everything relevant to what Ive posted above.

And a link relevant to the video clip if you watched it. Helium-3 - Wikipedia

Another clip with Gordon Chang

In conclusion, dont forget that China's space program is militarily oriented.
If Biden assumes office, I hope he doesnt drop the ball for the next four years.
Its pretty obvious, if we dont dominate space, we eventually lose our freedom.

Last edited:
I don't think many people, including myself, fully realize the importance of our future in space. I for one am very excited about Space Force and what it will mean for future generations, and our security. I still retain hope for Trump's reelection, but that's not likely at this point.

Link...
Assuming the Democrats come into power, next year you’ll be facing significant budget deficits, probably a strong desire to cut spending from the Republican Party. You will see lots of initiatives proposed by the Biden administration that don’t involve space but involve healthcare, climate, basic manufacturing, R&D.

Under Obama, NASA turned inward. Whatever funds were made available to the space program either went to entirely terrestrial pursuits, like addressing global warming, or robotic missions into deep space that would take decades to achieve anything meaningful. While the latter are important, they would never capture the imagination of Americans the way that the manned spaceflight program could.
Should Joe Biden win the presidency in November, U.S. space policy will return to the same turgid place it was during the Obama years. In 2008, when Biden was tapped to be Barack Obama’s running mate, his big idea for space policy was to have NASA conduct joint space missions with China.

Some good news recently
NASA and U.S. Space Force sign memorandum paving the way for ramped-up space efforts

Gordon Chang...
Chang has appeared before the U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission among others. He has warned that Chinese students attending U.S. colleges and universities have become the long arm of Chinese totalitarianism, that students, professors, and scientists have become “nontraditional collectors” of intelligence for China, and has stated that China’s influence on activities on American campuses have infringed on academic freedom, violated sovereignty, and have violated U.S. laws.Further, Chang has stated that China is not trying to compete with the United States within the Westphalian order, but to overthrow that order altogether.

Here Gordon Chang does a great job of explaining everything relevant to what Ive posted above.

If Biden assumes office, I hope he doesnt drop the ball for the next four years.

China apologists hate Gordon Chang

Link...

Some good news recently

Gordon Chang...

My assumption is Biden will follow Obama... he will finish practically destroying NASA.
Obama practically defunded NASA to provide for numerous social gifts and failed investments into clean energy.
He also delayed several important programs funded within NASA that set America behind for years to come.
I would say.... Biden will do the same

Link...

Some good news recently

Gordon Chang...

China apologists hate Gordon Chang

No doubt.

President Trump is addressing each one of these factors predicated on what is good for America, not China. This is a 180-degree change from previous administrations. But it will take at least a second term to decouple from China to the point necessary. China's best hope to stop this process cold and continue its march forward is a Joe Biden presidency. Hopefully, the American people will not throw China that lifeline.

My assumption is Biden will follow Obama... he will finish practically destroying NASA.

Not only did Obama destroy NASA he ended the Death Star program

“The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

• The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
  • The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
  • Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

Last edited:
Biden will abolish Space Force right after he tears down the wall

How am I not surprised that you're ok with the possibility of the CCP taking out your GPS, military, and communications satellites?

Obviously you don't have a clue as to how much you have to lose.

Yes the evil Chinese are going to take out our satellites
And what will we take out in return?

Russia could have taken out our satellites for the last 50 years and never did.

Crazy paranoia

We could hope that he will not do like Obama ? Obama wasted eight years that might have been spent getting Americans beyond low Earth orbit. The Journey to Mars has been the ObamaCare of space exploration--expensive, unsustainable, and not designed to do what it is alleged to do. Part of the mandate of the current president Trump to make America great again will be to turn that situation around and America back toward the stars.

45784.gif

How Barack Obama ruined NASA space exploration

How am I not surprised that you're ok with the possibility of the CCP taking out your GPS, military, and communications satellites?

Crazy paranoia

Bullshit.

"The Pentagon recently warned China has developed and fielded ground- and space-based anti-satellite, directed-energy, and electronic warfare capabilities that place the peaceful use of international space at risk.

Evidence suggests China could be developing up to three different anti-satellite systems. China launched its first successful ground-based direct ascent anti-satellite missile, the SC-19, in 2007, and spent the last decade improving follow-on versions. In 2018, the People’s Liberation Army formed military units that began initial operational training with anti-satellite missiles. The SC-19 is now assessed operational and capable of targeting low-Earth orbit satellites."

China wants to dominate space, and the US must take countermeasures

" China and Russia are developing lasers and a host of other anti-satellite weapons, according to a new Defense Intelligence Agency report that fleshes out concerns that Pentagon leaders have been highlighting for years."

China, Russia Building Attack Satellites and Space Lasers: Pentagon Report

"CHINA and Russia are developing anti-satellite missiles that could take down United States objects orbiting low Earth in as little as two years, the Pentagon has warned.

The Joint Staff intelligence directorate, or J-2, warned in an internal report that the two rivals are developing technology which could destroy and disrupt US satellites."

Pentagon report raises renewed concerns on China, Russia

I believe you are too smart not to realize China is a very real and serious threat.
As far as Russia, I dont think they would have or could have taken out pertinent satellite(s) over the past 50 years without serious consequences.
Only recently, relatively speaking, have they become aggressive, and there are reports theyve been working with China on this same issue.

Link...

Some good news recently

Gordon Chang...

~~~~~~
Undoubtedly Joey Xi will be on the wrong side decision of expansion of the "Space Force"....he's always been on th backside of history. Trump was correct in creating a branch of the military dedicated to Space and it's security.

Last edited:

Crazy paranoia

Bullshit.

"The Pentagon recently warned China has developed and fielded ground- and space-based anti-satellite, directed-energy, and electronic warfare capabilities that place the peaceful use of international space at risk.

Evidence suggests China could be developing up to three different anti-satellite systems. China launched its first successful ground-based direct ascent anti-satellite missile, the SC-19, in 2007, and spent the last decade improving follow-on versions. In 2018, the People’s Liberation Army formed military units that began initial operational training with anti-satellite missiles. The SC-19 is now assessed operational and capable of targeting low-Earth orbit satellites."

" China and Russia are developing lasers and a host of other anti-satellite weapons, according to a new Defense Intelligence Agency report that fleshes out concerns that Pentagon leaders have been highlighting for years."

"CHINA and Russia are developing anti-satellite missiles that could take down United States objects orbiting low Earth in as little as two years, the Pentagon has warned.

The Joint Staff intelligence directorate, or J-2, warned in an internal report that the two rivals are developing technology which could destroy and disrupt US satellites."

~~~~~~
I am in agreement with you. Despite the Democrats and their Russia, Russia theme... China is a direct threat to America and the world. This is proven by their biological attack that began in 2019. This was not an error, mistake, or accident. We can also thank Obama and his administration for aiding and abetting the Chinese in development of the Covid-19 virus by funding it with $3.7 million in aide....
Obviously once confirmed as president Joey-Xi will undoubtedly give China whatever they desire and control of America.

Last edited:

Crazy paranoia

Bullshit.

~~~~~~
despite the Democrats and their Russia, Russia theme... China is a direct threat to America and the world. This is proven by their biological attack that began in 2019. This was not an error, mistake, or accident. We can also thank Obama and his administration for aiding and abetting the Chinese in development of the Covid-19 virus by funding it with$3.7 million in aide....
The world need to get rid of all the democrat leader who are destroying the world that is so the true . Like for England they are free starting tonight from Europe and the Democrat with the Brexit thank to the conservative Boris Johnson .

Crazy paranoia

Bullshit.

I agree with you that both China and Russia are violating the Outer Space Treaty and arms control.... Meanwhile Barack Hussein Obama diminished our presence in space advancements for 8 years.

<<<<<<->>>>>>​
<<<<<<->>>>>>​
<<<<<<->>>>>>​

Link...

Some good news recently

Gordon Chang...

~~~~~~
Undoubtedly Joey Xi will be on the wrong side decision of expansion of the "Space Force"....he's always been on th backside of history. Trump was correct in creating a branch of the military dedicated to Space and it's security.

I'm pretty sure Biden will get rid of Space Farce. :)
Space belongs to NASA.
I'm all for going back to the moon and to Mars.
But leave it to the professionals.

Link...

Some good news recently

Gordon Chang...

~~~~~~

I'm pretty sure Biden will get rid of Space Farce. :)
Space belongs to NASA.
I'm all for going back to the moon and to Mars.
But leave it to the professionals.

Leave the militarization of space to the Air Force.
We don’t need a new branch of service

Forum List

Back