Biden lied about his war votes

typical-liberal-bury-their-heads-in-the-sand-political-poster-1283367377.jpg

Vice President Joe Biden accused Rep. Paul Ryan of putting two wars on the “credit card,” and then suggested he voted against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”

And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars | Washington Free Beacon

and theres another thing peculiar about that blurb, for all of the years there after those tax cuts were enacted, the media and dems told us they were for the wealthy, yet now, they are arguing its killing the middle class, oh and Obama sptted and signed off on the current tax structure in 2010.....in a stronger economy btw........can you square that? aside from his voting for afghan and iraq....

Taken in context, again, this proves my point.

Mr Biden was talking about economic votes which helped to create the recession.

He mentioned several decisions that created economic problems:

1. Paying for the wars on credit, as opposed to up front.
2. Paying for a prescription drug plan on credit.
3. Creating a tax cut for the wealthy.

None of these points refer to being for, or against, fighting a war.

Again, you can disagree with his points all you want, but he simply never said he voted against the war being fought. Period.

Last edited:
Well all politicians in a debate or on the stump will exaggerate or cherry pick some facts. Of the two debates we have seen no one has been guiltless of that, BUT Biden told some whoppers last night that were right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman". His votes on the wars were only the tip of the iceberg.

I do think it's interesting though that out of the four guys we have seen thus far Obama's performances comes in dead last. :lol:

I guess you can all keep on saying the same thing.

Doesn't make it any more true though.

Saying he didn't vote for paying for the war with credit is simply not the same thing as saying he didn't vote for the war in the first place.

You are going to go with that one and hope it sticks, huh? Jeez.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

Video: Biden lied about voting against wars « Hot Air

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Your brain is shit.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

XML U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 107th Congress - 1st Session
as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
Vote Summary
Question: On the Joint Resolution (S.J. Res. 23 )
Vote Number: 281 Vote Date: September 14, 2001, 10:44 AM
Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Joint Resolution Passed
Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2
Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Campbell (R-CO), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Not Voting
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Not Voting
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Hutchinson (R-AR), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thompson (R-TN),

Looks like a strictly partisan vote to me..... :thup:

(picture)

Oooh, pretty pictures!

Do you have a point that's relevant to this conversation?

I could ask the same question about every post you have on this thread. But if you want a relevant point fine the left went on non stop about how Obama lost the first debate because of Romney's lies for at least a week now after this debate you have just one of Biden's lies pointed out one that is very easy to confirm but because it's your guy no big deal. I expect politicians both Dem and Rep to lie and distort it's part of what they do so I don't make a major issue of it though I will take a jab now and then as for the pretty picture not pictures by the way the point was and is to point out the silliness of those who were so up in arms over lies just over a week ago but could care less now.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.
Wrong, liar.

I could ask the same question about every post you have on this thread. But if you want a relevant point fine the left went on non stop about how Obama lost the first debate because of Romney's lies for at least a week now after this debate you have just one of Biden's lies pointed out one that is very easy to confirm but because it's your guy no big deal. I expect politicians both Dem and Rep to lie and distort it's part of what they do so I don't make a major issue of it though I will take a jab now and then as for the pretty picture not pictures by the way the point was and is to point out the silliness of those who were so up in arms over lies just over a week ago but could care less now.

That's all well and good.

But there was no "lie" in the first place.

Just a bunch of people, including you, intentionally taking what Biden said out of context.

Let me ask you this: If Biden was actually saying he voted against going to war in Iraq, why wouldn't Ryan have called him on such a blatant falsehood?

The answer is obviously that Ryan understood what Biden was referring to, and it wasn't your partisan hack, out-of-context version of the quote.

The worst part is, and I am assuming you actually watched the debate, is that you know very well what he was referring to, and yet you're intentionally mis-representing it.

Last edited:
Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Your brain is shit.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

XML U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 107th Congress - 1st Session
as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
Vote Summary
Question: On the Joint Resolution (S.J. Res. 23 )
Vote Number: 281 Vote Date: September 14, 2001, 10:44 AM
Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Joint Resolution Passed
Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2
Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Campbell (R-CO), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Not Voting
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Not Voting
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Hutchinson (R-AR), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thompson (R-TN),

Looks like a strictly partisan vote to me..... :thup:

Hazl is now arguing Biden DID NOT vote for the war? Are you serious....
Whats even better? He voted for the 2nd invasion of Iraq, but not the first one in 1991....bwaahahahahahhahah

liberals are stupid......it's waaaaaay too much fun to teabag em after each point made

Vice President Joe Biden accused Rep. Paul Ryan of putting two wars on the “credit card,” and then suggested he voted against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

and theres another thing peculiar about that blurb, for all of the years there after those tax cuts were enacted, the media and dems told us they were for the wealthy, yet now, they are arguing its killing the middle class, oh and Obama sptted and signed off on the current tax structure in 2010.....in a stronger economy btw........can you square that? aside from his voting for afghan and iraq....

Again, you can disagree with his points all you want, but he simply never said he voted against the war being fought. Period.

Biden voted against the Bush tax cuts in 2001 & 2003...meaning he didn't want to put the wars on credit.

Joe Biden is just being his usual self, “If You Can’t Dazzle Them with Brilliance Then Baffle Them with Bull Shit.”

Biden voted against the Bush tax cuts in 2001 & 2003...meaning he didn't want to put the wars on credit.

So Seawytch, did you see tax rates higher in 2006 then say 2001 by a LARGE margin

Historical Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.
Wrong, liar.

Being a liar isn't as bad as it used to be. Mitten's lies didn't hurt him in the first debate.

I heard what Biden said, and it seemed pretty clear to me that he wasn't saying he voted for or against the wars or the Medicare Part D program.

Remember, Biden voted against the two major rounds of tax cuts. He thought it was foolish to cut off revenue when he knew that we needed that money to pay for those things.

I remember Biden as one of the ones who knew after 9/11 that we'd be going to war, so he voted against the tax cuts since we needed that revenue.

Pretty simple, but I guess when you feel like your side lost the debate, you have to overreach and take things out of context.

Imagine what things would be like today had we not passed those Bush Tax Cuts. We'd be fiscally stronger today.

Wrong, liar.

Being a liar isn't as bad as it used to be. Mitten's lies didn't hurt him in the first debate.

Has anyone actually named those lies? Or is this another case of 'you know what they were and i don't have to list them"?

aka..'you know who you are and what you did'

Just a bunch of people, including you, intentionally taking what Biden said out of context.

Let me ask you this: If Biden was actually saying he voted against going to war in Iraq, why wouldn't Ryan have called him on such a blatant falsehood?

The answer is obviously that Ryan understood what Biden was referring to, and it wasn't your partisan hack, out-of-context version of the quote.

The worst part is, and I am assuming you actually watched the debate, is that you know very well what he was referring to, and yet you're intentionally mis-representing it.
I'm misrepresenting nothing and you full well know it Biden went on about things that Ryan voted for that he opposed in that exchange included in that was the votes for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. For why Ryan did not call him on it and I will now assume you actually watched the debate then you know Ryan was getting interrupted and cut off a lot by Biden and to somewhat lesser degree by the moderator personally I think Ryan should not have been so polite in that respect and jumped on that be that as it may it does not change what Biden said or make any less false.

Is that what it meant? I thought Biden didn't like those tax cuts because of the rich, the wealthy, the haves, the affluent, the moneyed. Hells bells, come to find out it was because of wars fought on credit cards. Why did Lonzo and Oscar decide to keep Bush's tax cuts in effect not so long ago when they had the chance to raise those taxes to pay for the elongated Afghanistan war and the war in Iraq? Why? I ask you why?

It's rather obvious Obama doesn't know what the hell to do and Biden lies like a friggin' rug trying to explain his senate votes on going to war.

Ok so Biden voted for the wars and he and Obama kept the tax cuts......when the democrats could have cut them easily......hmmmmmmmm

Forum List

Back