Biden lied about his war votes

What did Romney lie about?

Biden also lied when he said they didn't know that Stevens had requested more security. Well, it wasn't a PROPER lie because he, personally, probably has no idea what's going on at any given moment...but he didn't say HE didn't know, he said WE.

And now carnie, that wh freakshow, is spinning it that the ADMIN knew about it, but not the prez and biden.

Apparently they keep those two in the dark.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

Video: Biden lied about voting against wars « Hot Air

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Links to the congressional record...the Senate's own website detailing his votes are a shit source? Wow. No wonder you are held in such high esteem

You have to be mentally ill to state such a blatant lie that can be so easily checked.

Last night was a living example of Proverbs 29:9.

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

The EXAMINER

There has only been ONE BAREFACED LIAR as bad as JOE BIDEN and that's the IMPEACHED president named BILL CLINTON, he of the "I did not have sex with that woman".

The fools were the one counting each and every smile, laff and interruption. We Dems are a little quieter today. That drinking game for every one of Joe's interruptions was da BOMB and we have MONSTER hangovers 2day.

Grow up RW.

Regards from Rosie

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

Ah Kosher, another lie?

Full quote:

It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy. I was there, I voted against them.

Therefore, he did not in fact say he voted against the war, he said he voted against not paying for the war.

Don't let them pesky in-context facts get in the way of a good yarn though.

Feel free to post half the damn quote and conveniently leave out the other half.

Here's Joe Biden just four years ago, writing in the Wall Street Journal!

After 9-11, the President had a historic opportunity to unite Americans and the world in common cause. Instead, by exploiting the politics of fear, instigating an optional war in Iraq before finishing a necessary war in Afghanistan and instituting policies on torture, detainees and domestic surveillance that fly in the face of our values and interests, President Bush divided Americans from each other and from the world.

Where in that quote does it say that he wanted to pay for said "necessary war" on credit?

Because that's the only way it would apply.

You have to be mentally ill to state such a blatant lie that can be so easily checked.

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

What lie?

Well all politicians in a debate or on the stump will exaggerate or cherry pick some facts. Of the two debates we have seen no one has been guiltless of that, BUT Biden told some whoppers last night that were right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman". His votes on the wars were only the tip of the iceberg.

I do think it's interesting though that out of the four guys we have seen thus far Obama's performance comes in dead last. :lol:

Last edited:

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

Your brain is shit.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

XML U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 107th Congress - 1st Session
as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
Vote Summary
Question: On the Joint Resolution (S.J. Res. 23 )
Vote Number: 281 Vote Date: September 14, 2001, 10:44 AM
Required For Majority: 1/2 Vote Result: Joint Resolution Passed
Vote Counts: YEAs 98
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2
Vote Summary By Senator Name By Vote Position By Home State

Alphabetical by Senator Name
Akaka (D-HI), Yea
Allard (R-CO), Yea
Allen (R-VA), Yea
Baucus (D-MT), Yea
Bayh (D-IN), Yea
Bennett (R-UT), Yea
Biden (D-DE), Yea
Bingaman (D-NM), Yea
Bond (R-MO), Yea
Boxer (D-CA), Yea
Breaux (D-LA), Yea
Brownback (R-KS), Yea
Bunning (R-KY), Yea
Burns (R-MT), Yea
Byrd (D-WV), Yea
Campbell (R-CO), Yea
Cantwell (D-WA), Yea
Carnahan (D-MO), Yea
Carper (D-DE), Yea
Chafee (R-RI), Yea
Cleland (D-GA), Yea
Clinton (D-NY), Yea
Cochran (R-MS), Yea
Collins (R-ME), Yea
Conrad (D-ND), Yea
Corzine (D-NJ), Yea
Craig (R-ID), Not Voting
Crapo (R-ID), Yea
Daschle (D-SD), Yea
Dayton (D-MN), Yea
DeWine (R-OH), Yea
Dodd (D-CT), Yea
Domenici (R-NM), Yea
Dorgan (D-ND), Yea
Durbin (D-IL), Yea
Edwards (D-NC), Yea
Ensign (R-NV), Yea
Enzi (R-WY), Yea
Feingold (D-WI), Yea
Feinstein (D-CA), Yea
Fitzgerald (R-IL), Yea
Frist (R-TN), Yea
Graham (D-FL), Yea
Gramm (R-TX), Yea
Grassley (R-IA), Yea
Gregg (R-NH), Yea
Hagel (R-NE), Yea
Harkin (D-IA), Yea
Hatch (R-UT), Yea
Helms (R-NC), Not Voting
Hollings (D-SC), Yea
Hutchinson (R-AR), Yea
Hutchison (R-TX), Yea
Inhofe (R-OK), Yea
Inouye (D-HI), Yea
Jeffords (I-VT), Yea
Johnson (D-SD), Yea
Kennedy (D-MA), Yea
Kerry (D-MA), Yea
Kohl (D-WI), Yea
Kyl (R-AZ), Yea
Landrieu (D-LA), Yea
Leahy (D-VT), Yea
Levin (D-MI), Yea
Lieberman (D-CT), Yea
Lincoln (D-AR), Yea
Lott (R-MS), Yea
Lugar (R-IN), Yea
McCain (R-AZ), Yea
McConnell (R-KY), Yea
Mikulski (D-MD), Yea
Miller (D-GA), Yea
Murkowski (R-AK), Yea
Murray (D-WA), Yea
Nelson (D-FL), Yea
Nelson (D-NE), Yea
Nickles (R-OK), Yea
Reed (D-RI), Yea
Reid (D-NV), Yea
Roberts (R-KS), Yea
Rockefeller (D-WV), Yea
Santorum (R-PA), Yea
Sarbanes (D-MD), Yea
Schumer (D-NY), Yea
Sessions (R-AL), Yea
Shelby (R-AL), Yea
Smith (R-NH), Yea
Smith (R-OR), Yea
Snowe (R-ME), Yea
Specter (R-PA), Yea
Stabenow (D-MI), Yea
Stevens (R-AK), Yea
Thomas (R-WY), Yea
Thompson (R-TN),

Well all politicians in a debate or on the stump will exaggerate or cherry pick some facts. Of the two debates we have seen no one has been guiltless of that, BUT Biden told some whoppers last night that were right up there with "I did not have sex with that woman". His votes on the wars were only the tip of the iceberg.

I do think it's interesting though that out of the four guys we have seen thus far Obama's performances comes in dead last. :lol:

I guess you can all keep on saying the same thing.

Doesn't make it any more true though.

Saying he didn't vote for paying for the war with credit is simply not the same thing as saying he didn't vote for the war in the first place.

Your brain is shit.

as compiled through Senate LIS by the Senate Bill Clerk under the direction of the Secretary of the Senate
Vote Summary
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Biden (D-DE), Yea

Yep, he voted for the war. And?

I do think it's interesting though that out of the four guys we have seen thus far Obama's performances comes in dead last. :lol:

Saying he didn't vote for paying for the war with credit is simply not the same thing as saying he didn't vote for the war in the first place.

Wow. That's a nice stretch. We've been paying with credit cards for well before 2001.

Your brain is shit.

Vote Summary
NAYs 0
Not Voting 2

Biden (D-DE), Yea

Yep, he voted for the war. And?

And he lied. Run around the field and spin all you want.

Show us the vote where he voted against paying for the two wars on a credit card. Prove his claim.

Wow. That's a nice stretch. We've been paying with credit cards for well before 2001.

And?

What's your point?

The point Biden was making was that Bush lowered taxes, and fought a war at the same time, therefore "paying for it with a credit card".

The "vote" that Biden was referring to was clearly referring to the method of financing the war, not the war itself.

It's right there in black and white.

Which is why you right wingers keep posting half the quote, out of context, like in the OP.

Show us the vote where he voted against paying for the two wars on a credit card. Prove his claim.

In May 2001 Biden voted against both of President George W. Bush's major tax cuts.

Bush's tax cuts during war time were the "credit card" method of payment he was referring to.

Whether you agree with his point or not, it's certainly not a lie...

When it's in context.

Your source is shit.

FAIL.

$kool_aid_man_glass.jpg

You have little substance, young man

Forum List

Back