Biden lied about his war votes

You know what is even funnier about Biden's statement?

He says the wars were paid for by borrowing money. Right? Right?

So then how can Obama promise to pay for stuff with the savings from ending the wars?

As part of his achievable plan to keep moving our country forward, the President would use half the savings from ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to help pay down our debt and invest in nation building here at home, putting Americans back to work -- including our veterans -- fixing our roadways and runways, bridges and schools.

Barack Obama campaign site

Last edited:
Show us the vote where he voted against paying for the two wars on a credit card. Prove his claim.

In May 2001 Biden voted against both of President George W. Bush's major tax cuts.

Bush's tax cuts during war time were the "credit card" method of payment he was referring to.

Whether you agree with his point or not, it's certainly not a lie...

When it's in context.

HA-HA-HA-HA!

The wars were not started until long after that! 9/11 had not even happened yet!

Wow. That's a nice stretch. We've been paying with credit cards for well before 2001.

It's not a stretch at all.

Clearly, when taken in context, Biden is referring to lowering taxes and starting a war at the same time.

Thus "paying for the war with a credit card".

What else would he be referring to?

If he was talking about voting for or against the war, why would he have used the term "paying for two wars with a credit card" at all? He would have simply said "Two wars? I didn't vote for that.".

You have to be mentally ill to state such a blatant lie that can be so easily checked.

Last night was a living example of Proverbs 29:9.

If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet.

you'd have a point if there had been a wise man in attendance

Show us the vote where he voted against paying for the two wars on a credit card. Prove his claim.

In May 2001 Biden voted against both of President George W. Bush's major tax cuts.

Bush's tax cuts during war time were the "credit card" method of payment he was referring to.

When it's in context.

HA-HA-HA-HA!

The wars were not started until long after that! 9/11 had not even happened yet!

Which is why he wanted to repeal them to pay for the war.

He also voted against the 2003 Bush Tax cuts.

Either way it applies.

Either way, the man's not lying.

Now Ryan, on the other hand, was lying the entire time.

You know how you can tell? His mouth was moving.

in may 2001 biden voted against both of president george w. Bush's major tax cuts.

When it's in context.

ha-ha-ha-ha!

which is why he wanted to repeal them to pay for the war.

He also voted against the 2003 bush tax cuts.

Either way it applies.

Either way, the man's not lying.

$spinning-top[1].gif

Wow. That's a nice stretch. We've been paying with credit cards for well before 2001.

It's not a stretch at all.

Clearly, when taken in context, Biden is referring to lowering taxes and starting a war at the same time.

Thus "paying for the war with a credit card".

What else would he be referring to?

If he was talking about voting for or against the war, why would he have used the term "paying for two wars with a credit card" at all? He would have simply said "Two wars? I didn't vote for that.".

:lmao:

Please seek help.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

Video: Biden lied about voting against wars « Hot Air

That must have been one of those John Kerry I was for it before I was against it deals.

"Joe Biden attacked Paul Ryan for his votes to support two wars as the reason for the massive deficits we now face. Biden also claimed to have voted against both. The only problem with that argument is that it’s entirely false."

"I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”
Then Sen. Biden voted for the Afghanistan resolution on Sept. 14, 2001 which authorized “the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.”
And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post."

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.

hit huggy between the eyes...so how did Romney lie? the $5tillion number is as disproved as the video caused it theory.....democrats just make shit up out of thin air......a video? really?

for the $5 trillion number to be accurate..you have to assume current growth...er no growth......democrats only like growth on government handouts

I watched it twice. He said he voted against them both. He lied. He's lying. You're a useful idiot.

Please seek help.

Here's the audio, and the transcript.

Transcript And Audio: Vice Presidential Debate : NPR

I post it because apparently you need to watch it again.

:eusa_eh:

Vice President Joe Biden accused Rep. Paul Ryan of putting two wars on the “credit card,” and then suggested he voted against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

“By the way, they talk about this great recession like it fell out of the sky–like, ‘Oh my goodness, where did it come from?’” Biden said. “It came from this man voting to put two wars on a credit card, at the same time, put a prescription drug plan on the credit card, a trillion dollar tax cut for the very wealthy.”

“I was there, I voted against them,” Biden continued. “I said, no, we can’t afford that.”

And on Oct. 11, 2002, Biden voted for a resolution authorizing unilateral military action in Iraq, according to the Washington Post.

Biden Claims He Voted Against Afghanistan, Iraq Wars | Washington Free Beacon

and theres another thing peculiar about that blurb, for all of the years there after those tax cuts were enacted, the media and dems told us they were for the wealthy, yet now, they are arguing its killing the middle class, oh and Obama sptted and signed off on the current tax structure in 2010.....in a stronger economy btw........can you square that? aside from his voting for afghan and iraq....

It does not matter. Romney lied his ass off in the first debate and established that lying is perfectly "fair" and acceptable in the "new" debate ground rules of 2012. If Mittens and Ryan wanted a civil debate series they should have been civil.

Now they will find out what it is like to fight in a back alley. "knee to the groin?" No problem. "sand in the eyes?" standard proceedure. RW's cheat because that is the only way they can access power. Now they must combat smarter people that normally fight fair but when pressed are far better opponents than the newGOPers can imagine. The next two debates will be bloody. If I was Romney I would have an ambulance standing by.

hit huggy between the eyes...so how did Romney lie? the $5tillion number is as disproved as the video caused it theory.....democrats just make shit up out of thin air......a video? really?

for the $5 trillion number to be accurate..you have to assume current growth...er no growth......democrats only like growth on government handouts

It does not matter. It's all about showmanship now. New rules. Thank Mittens.

Forum List

Back