Biden Banning Uranium, While Green-lighting Renewables on Public Land, Parks, Military Bases, etc..

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
In another move against Energy, against producing electricity Biden and the Democrats will now ban mining of Uranium on the Colorado plateau. Millions of acres somewhere near the Grand Canyon.

Of course the Grand Canyon's name must be part of the propaganda because everyone agrees that the Grand Canyon should be protected. Unless of course they can destroy more of the Canyon with more green energy.

URANIUM: Sources say President Biden is leaning toward designating a national monument and banning new uranium mining claims on 1.1 million acres of federal land near the Grand Canyon
uranium-mine_840x480-768x439.jpg

Kind of looks like a Grand Canyon to me?

The world is building dozens of nuclear power plants. Everywhere, nuclear power is being built, with our technology. We have given another industry away and the Democrats are going to make sure we do not profit from the Nuclear Renaissance. In fact, the Democrat's policies will make our nuclear power more expensive, less competitive.

Why should we not be the ones reaping the rewards of our technology.

In the high case scenario of its new outlook, the IAEA now expects world nuclear generating capacity to double to 792 gigawatts

Liberal energy policy is all about having less energy. Its an ideology based upon scarcity instead of plenty.

Scarcity gives them the ability to distribute it only to their friends, whatever the commodity is.

While banning the production of cheap, plentiful Uranium, the Biden/Democrats give land to corporations that can not afford to buy the land to install solar and wind projects!

U.S. officials announced approval Tuesday of two large-scale solar projects in California and moved to open up public lands in other Western states to potential solar power development, as part of the Biden administration’s effort to counter climate change by shifting from fossil fuels.

Last edited:
In another move against Energy, against producing electricity Biden and the Democrats will now ban mining of Uranium on the Colorado plateau. Millions of acres somewhere near the Grand Canyon.

Of course the Grand Canyon's name must be part of the propaganda because everyone agrees that the Grand Canyon should be protected. Unless of course they can destroy more of the Canyon with more green energy.

URANIUM: Sources say President Biden is leaning toward designating a national monument and banning new uranium mining claims on 1.1 million acres of federal land near the Grand Canyon

In light of increases in Uranium production in the US, it he hard to get too excited against efforts to protect ground water in area drained by Colorado River/Grand Canyon and tributaries when running.
I would be interested to know what some people in the Arizona affected area have to say, pro or con, rather than the vast responders from across the unaffected areas of the country.

Mining, production, shipments, and sales​

U.S. uranium mines produced 194,000 pounds of of triuranium octoxide (U3O8), or uranium concentrate in 2022, a significant increase from th 21,000 pounds produced in 2021 as production resumed at White Mesa Mill in Utah. The production of uranium concentrate is the first step in the nuclear fuel production process, preceding the conversion of U3O8 into UF6 to enable uranium enrichment, then fuel pellet fabrication, and finally fuel assembly fabrication.​

Ummmmm ... we're currently getting half our uranium from Russia and Kazakhstan {Cite} ... another 30% from the Aussies and Canucks ...

I just thinks that's funny for some reason ... why mine our unanium when we can strip them filthy English and Slavs of their uranium? ... and isn't uranium a by-product of silver mining? ... maybe we should be mining the silver out of the Grand Canyon instead ...

For years there was a moratorium on uranium mining. Our mines are small. In fact, we import most of the uranium we use.

In light of increases in Uranium production in the US, it he hard to get too excited against efforts to protect ground water in area drained by Colorado River/Grand Canyon and tributaries when running.
I would be interested to know what some people in the Arizona affected area have to say, pro or con, rather than the vast responders from across the unaffected areas of the country.

Mining, production, shipments, and sales​

U.S. uranium mines produced 194,000 pounds of of triuranium octoxide (U3O8), or uranium concentrate in 2022, a significant increase from th 21,000 pounds produced in 2021 as production resumed at White Mesa Mill in Utah. The production of uranium concentrate is the first step in the nuclear fuel production process, preceding the conversion of U3O8 into UF6 to enable uranium enrichment, then fuel pellet fabrication, and finally fuel assembly fabrication.​

One does not have to fear contaminating groundwater in the Arizona desert. Much of the land in Arizona, is so dry you could not drill a well for water.

We are all effected by the restrictions the Biden/Democrats are putting on energy.

There are so many rules and regulations on the Nuclear industry, it would be next to impossible to hurt the environment, with any activity associated with Nuclear power.

For years there was a moratorium on uranium mining. Our mines are small. In fact, we import most of the uranium we use.

yes, nothing to see here, look away

Our Uranium production has dropped to almost zero!

1st_qupd_fig1_2023.png

That's pretty damned sad, for a country that was the leading pioneer in nuclear energy and actually used two nuclear weapons to end the worst world war in the history of mankind.

How easy it must be to forget how great this country is.

So why did uranium mining plunge under Trump? Was he trying to sabotage the USA?

(I'm not serious about that. I'm counter-trolling the imbeciles.)
This is a good question. A quick search gives the nonsense answer. Supply and demand. Demand seems steady? Although there are new fuels that last much longer. That may be part of the answer. Seems to be a bit of controversy surrounding our only Uranium mill.

White Mesa Mill, the country's only functioning uranium mill, sits on the doorstep of Bears Ears National Monument in southeast Utah. It neighbors the Ute Mountain Ute Tribe's White Mesa community and was built in the late 1970s to break down rocks and process natural uranium ore.

But when the owners of the White Mesa Mill quietly changed their business plan, the mill became a commercial dumping ground for low-level radioactive wastes from contaminated sites across America and the world. Now, over 700 million pounds of toxic wastes simmer in the mill's massive waste pits.

We believe that if the White Mesa Mill wants to function like a radioactive waste-disposal business it should be regulated like one.

Looks like low prices caused the decrease in Uranium production in 2019 and on?
The Company had an operating loss of $8.8 million during the quarter, due in part to an impairment to inventories of $2.3 million as a result of low uranium prices and a decrease in vanadium prices during the quarter; as well as the decision to limit uranium and vanadium sales during the quarter.

Forum List

Back