Biden administration approves first arms sale to Taiwan

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
$750M Worth is a good start. I don't know who Biden has surrounding him on the issue of China, but I hope those people are given a larger portfolio and more say. Of all his policies, sticking with Trumps fight against China is key, and he is 180 degrees different than Obama was on the issue of China.

There are those who say that Spratly Islands near the Phillippines was the Poland moment for the U.S when Obama allowed China to reneg and keep control of the islands after telling the U.S they would leave. The Phillippines left, keeping their word, the U.S then looked away when China stayed. It has cost the U.S dearly in terms of global influence.

Also, as I type this, China is still promoting propaganda against Trump and Pompeo. They fear those two more than any two in the world and a return of either could be disasterous to their ruling party. I'm talking about the ability to rile up and anger citizens in China, especially if China was cut off economically.

The State Department has approved selling Taiwan up to 40 BAE Systems-made M109 self-propelled howitzers and related equipment, including up to 1,698 kits to turn projectiles into precision-guided munitions, in a deal estimated to be worth $750 million, according to a notice released Wednesday.

"This proposed sale serves U.S. national, economic and security interests by supporting the recipient's continuing efforts to modernize its armed forces and to maintain a credible defensive capability," the notice said. "The proposed sale will help improve the security of the recipient and assist in maintaining political stability, military balance, economic and progress in the region."

Warmongers love war materiel sales.

Old Joe might be the biggest warmonger to ever reside in the White House.

$750M Worth is a good start. I don't know who Biden has surrounding him on the issue of China, but I hope those people are given a larger portfolio and more say. Of all his policies, sticking with Trumps fight against China is key, and he is 180 degrees different than Obama was on the issue of China.

There are those who say that Spratly Islands near the Phillippines was the Poland moment for the U.S when Obama allowed China to reneg and keep control of the islands after telling the U.S they would leave. The Phillippines left, keeping their word, the U.S then looked away when China stayed. It has cost the U.S dearly in terms of global influence.

Also, as I type this, China is still promoting propaganda against Trump and Pompeo. They fear those two more than any two in the world and a return of either could be disasterous to their ruling party. I'm talking about the ability to rile up and anger citizens in China, especially if China was cut off economically.

The State Department has approved selling Taiwan up to 40 BAE Systems-made M109 self-propelled howitzers and related equipment, including up to 1,698 kits to turn projectiles into precision-guided munitions, in a deal estimated to be worth $750 million, according to a notice released Wednesday.

"This proposed sale serves U.S. national, economic and security interests by supporting the recipient's continuing efforts to modernize its armed forces and to maintain a credible defensive capability," the notice said. "The proposed sale will help improve the security of the recipient and assist in maintaining political stability, military balance, economic and progress in the region."
Like every Washington Establishment shill, Biden is bought and paid for by the defense contractors. He’ll make them their money. That doesn’t mean he’ll support Taiwan against the Chinese when push comes to shove.

Forum List

Back