Bible Trivia Game

It was Hosea... I LOVE that book!QUOTE]

Wasn't Hosea's new bride named Gomer?

I always thought of Gomer Pyle.....from Andy Griffith show, and somehow, this gals name and that dorky gas station guy...........well........?

It was Hosea... I LOVE that book!QUOTE]

Wasn't Hosea's new bride named Gomer?

I always thought of Gomer Pyle.....from Andy Griffith show, and somehow, this gals name and that dorky gas station guy...........well........?

Yes, it was Gomer. Listen to this...

(After Israel's adulteries against God) Now, therefore, I am going to allure her. I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there...In that day, [she] will call me "husband"; [she] will no longer call me "master"...I will betroth [her] to me forever. I will betroth [her] in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth [her] in faithfulness, and [she] will acknowledge the Lord. (Hosea 2:14-20)

Isn't that amazing? This is immediately after God spells out Israel's adulteries. And all this He will do for her, just to get her to simply acknowledge Him! Isn't that the most beautiful picture of tenderness, patience, and endurance?

I love that book.

Yes, it was Gomer. Listen to this...

(After Israel's adulteries against God) Now, therefore, I am going to allure her. I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there...In that day, [she] will call me "husband"; [she] will no longer call me "master"...I will betroth [her] to me forever. I will betroth [her] in righteousness and justice, in love and compassion. I will betroth [her] in faithfulness, and [she] will acknowledge the Lord. (Hosea 2:14-20)

Isn't that amazing? This is immediately after God spells out Israel's adulteries. And all this He will do for her, just to get her to simply acknowledge Him! Isn't that the most beautiful picture of tenderness, patience, and endurance?

I love that book.

That's the true revealing of God's character/attributes. He reconciles(seeks out) back that 99th lamb stuck helplessly in the briar bush.

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

What is the English equivalent of the Greek title of the last book of the Bible?

Off topic but a bit funny. ALL the names in the Bible seems to have been translated. Those four are: Matteus, Markus, Lukas and Johannes in my language. I wonder when that happened? I mean they would have original names, right?

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John.

What is the English equivalent of the Greek title of the last book of the Bible?

You got me held in suspense Jeff...........What is the answer.......I take it that your referring to Revelations, but are you asking for a Greek definition, or more specific definition?

Here's Merriam Webster's definition:
Main Entry: rev·e·la·tion
Pronunciation: "re-v&-'lA-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English revelacioun, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin revelation-, revelatio, from Latin revelare to reveal

So is it, "to reveal"?????

KarlMarx said:
What was St. Luke's profession? Hint: because of this, the Catholic Church regards St. Luke as the patron saint of the health professions.

He was a physician. Someone else can pose the next question. I am busy catching up on my USMB reading. I'll be back to play this game later.

Hey, not that I need, "atta boys" from anyone here, but look one post above Karl's.............I got the answer first!:(

You got me held in suspense Jeff...........What is the answer.......I take it that your referring to Revelations, but are you asking for a Greek definition, or more specific definition?

Here's Merriam Webster's definition:
Main Entry: rev·e·la·tion
Pronunciation: "re-v&-'lA-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English revelacioun, from Anglo-French, from Late Latin revelation-, revelatio, from Latin revelare to reveal

So is it, "to reveal"?????

Ur of the Chaldees

Mary's husband Joseph was warned in a dream to do four things. What were those four things?

Marry Mary
Name the boy Jesus
Go into Egypt
Return to Israel

What historic event, maybe the greatest event EVER, occured immediately prior to "the earth shook, and the graves of the saints were opened, and they arose and appeared to many people."

What historic event, maybe the greatest event EVER, occured immediately prior to "the earth shook, and the graves of the saints were opened, and they arose and appeared to many people."

Jesus' death.

Who was the first person in the Bible to tithe, and who received that tithe?

Forum List

Back