Bible passages that the religious right must pretend do not exist...

It is truly amazing how people mold their deity according to their own prejudices. Just like all the dupes cheering in Berlin Sportpalast. Disgusting.

Its funny how you mold the Christian faith according to your own prejudices. Why is it you use the Bible against us when you don't even believe in it?

I believe that the text exists because I have read it. I believe that it says what the words mean. That doesn't take any faith.
I have to disagree......saying that said text says something contradictory to other texts requires a choice of faith.......

It is demonstrable that some parts of the Bible contradict other parts.

For instance early on it says that children are punished for their parents sins. Jesus's teachings say that they are not. And yet other passages claim that God's nature never changes. Clearly not all of those statements can be true.
I take it that is what you believe......

That is not a matter of belief. The statements contradict one another, so at least one of those statements cannot be true.

They are not true because you don't want them to be. You seek to destroy the foundations of the Christian faith. Such a quest blinds you, it doesn't enlighten you.

I don't presume to have such power. I can only speak from my own experience. My working knowledge of the Bible comes from that time in my life when I was a believer. I'm no longer such because I studied it extensively (though I got some help from the many corrupt politicians at the time who called themselves Christian).

I suppose my epiphany was hearing a pastor rant on at length about the violence of the Koran, when I realized that the inclusion of violent passages was a VERY good reason to hold a religious text in contempt.

Forum List

Back