Bibi is at it again ...

Please read the remainder of the article on the link I provided above.

All of Israel's settlement activities are illegal. That should be the end of the story. How come that Netanyahu is able to use an illegal activity as a leverage in negotiations?

Boggles the mind.

Your views?

what boggles the mind is people thinking that israel should give in BEFORE negotiations. last i heard, that's not how it works.

and maybe the pals should have taken the deal when they were offered 98% of what they asked for.

the problem here, nesser, is that you're applying your own sensibilities to terrorists. you think they want a state. many palestinians do. their leaders couldn't care less.... their sole purpose is to try to get rid of israel.

now, maybe after you arrive at that understanding, it's easier to assess netanyahu's actions. (and i'm not saying that because i agree with everything he does.).

The Palestinians cannot afford to take any deal with Israel. The leadership's entire existence is predicated on their commitment to destroying Israel. They have told people for generations that the Jews are their problem. Get rid of the Jews and you get rid of the problem. To negotiate in good faith and arrive at an agreement would reveal them to be the liars they are, delegitimizing their position. THis they cannot afford to do. So it is always negotiating, always demanding, and always committing terrorist acts.
When will the Palis wise up?

All of Israel's settlement activities are illegal. That should be the end of the story. How come that Netanyahu is able to use an illegal activity as a leverage in negotiations?

Because he lives in the world of realpolitic.
He has to satisfy his constituency which is as aggressive in pursuit of land as the Oklahoma Sooners. If he bucks them too hard he loses backing and someone else grabs power in the Israeli parliament.
I noted that his ten month freeze is potentially permanent if the Palestinians negotiate in good faith.
One way the Palestinians seems to be doing the reverse - insisting on the release of Marwan Barghouti - who is simply another Arafat style murderer. If the Palestinians want peace they have to separate themselves from the murderers and terrorists.

Netanyahu uses the freeze to try and force the Palestinians to come to the table, and all the UN hand-wringing won't change the basic equation. Israel has the upper hand vis a vis the Islamic Palestinians and just as when Islam had the upper hand, the negotiations will go in favor of the side with strength.

You'll have to forgive our little zionist buddy. He and his three jewish stooges support all things jewish, right or wrong, 24/7/365 and you'll come to know exactly what kind of antisemite jooo hater you are the very second you don't roll over and agree with them like a good goyim should.

Talking with The Rabbi, Ghook, Rhodes Scholar and The Cock Stucker is like trying to debate a good german about their beloved furor in 1940.

actually, that's more like debating you.... well, if you can call anti-jewish slurs, debate.

sorry, you're on the wrong side, david.

oh GOOD comeback, jillybean. I hope you are a little bit more savvy in court.

And, given that the last TWO times that you've called me out I went ahead and clarified why your consternation is laughable on it's face.. it's funny to see you take single hit pot shots and then retreat back into the folds in order to avoid elaborating more than crying antisemite.

For instance, we both know which of us actually favors ethnic equality, don't we Jillybean? Hell, we BOTH know which David it actually HAS BEEN who has ACTUALLY called for the extermination of an unwanted ethnic populations... yet, you turn a blind eye to your team jersey wearing buddy and act glib towards my posts...

what can I say, Jillian, that hasn't been pointed out already to the typical nature of your reflexive reactions. right or wrong, RIGHT?

Israel has never "won" that land. The war Israel started with Palestine in 1947 has never ended. No one has won anything yet.

It is a matter of historical record that Pallies initiated the civil war against the Jews in 1947, one day after issuance of UN Res. 181 that led to the '48 War launched by the Arabs.

Wow first post and I've already pegged you a a moron.
Israel could not start a war with Palestine. Israel is Palestine.

Exactly! Thank you.

You can peg what you want. I will just consider the source. About 300,000 Palestinians were ethnically cleansed by the soon to be declared Israel before there was any attack by the Arab countries. Who was Israel attacking? The 1948 war came and went but there was no end to the 1947 war. Look in the news. It is still there and Israel is still demanding surrender.

Complete rubbish. Arabs ethnically cleansed themselves by launching hostilities against Jews in '47 and '48. Indeed, UN Res. 181 accorded statehood to Arabs in Palestine, thus, there was no need for Jews to ethnically cleanse Arabs, plus, had Jews attempted to do so, 181 would have been violated and Israeli statehood rescinded.

It is a matter of historical record that Pallies initiated the civil war against the Jews in 1947, one day after issuance of UN Res. 181 that led to the '48 War launched by the Arabs.

:rofl:

just like the native americans "initiated" conflict with europeans after another acre was squatted on by settlers, eh?

:lol:

wow.

Exactly! Thank you.

Complete rubbish. Arabs ethnically cleansed themselves by launching hostilities against Jews in '47 and '48. Indeed, UN Res. 181 accorded statehood to Arabs in Palestine, thus, there was no need for Jews to ethnically cleanse Arabs, plus, had Jews attempted to do so, 181 would have been violated and Israeli statehood rescinded.

A civil war? Interesting concept. Where did you get that?

Resolution 181 is irrelevant. It was never implemented.

An interesting article from the Economist.

Diplomacy between Israel and Palestine: Bluff and bargain | The Economist

CALL my bluff, says Israel’s prime minister, Binyamin Netanyahu, as he tries to persuade the world’s leaders, and through them the Palestinians, that his recent promise to freeze the building of Jewish settlements on the West Bank is genuine, albeit admittedly temporary and partial. He knows he has a reputation as a bluffer. In a speech on November 29th he referred to “stereotypes” that were responsible for giving him that handicap in diplomacy.

A few days later, on December 1st, he reinforced those stereotypes when he told his “brothers and sisters the settlers” that building would resume as soon as the ten-month suspension was over. Officials hint that the go-ahead for such a resumption would be given only if no negotiations had begun by then. So if the Palestinians agreed to come back to the long-stalled peace talks, it would be hard, perhaps impossible, for Israel to resume settlement building. “They reject Bibi’s freeze because it’s temporary,” says an Israeli official. “Why don't they test him by agreeing to a temporary resumption of talks?”

So far, the Palestinians have refused to budge from their insistence that a freeze must be total. They also note, bleakly, the Israeli interior ministry's recent admission that it had revoked the residency rights of 4,577 Arabs in East Jerusalem last year, the highest annual figure ever. And they cite a European Union report accusing Israel of trying to shift Jerusalem's demographic balance drastically against the Arabs.

Please read the remainder of the article on the link I provided above.

Boggles the mind.

Your views?

Your premise is wrong.

Jews can live anywhere in Israel. Judea and Samaria are part of Israel.

Also, Jerusalem is the eternal capital of Israel.

Forum List

Back