Jews and Political Correctness

Saladin

Rookie
Oct 16, 2009
Sidon
I have gathered that accusations of racially or ethnically discriminatory views against minorities on the basis of certain policy positions (such as opposition to positive discrimination programs as "affirmative action") is somewhat anathema in the U.S. and subject to counter-accusations of stifling active discussion through "political correctness." Yet, it also strikes me that many critics of Israeli state policy (or more seriously, full-on anti-Zionism) will inevitably encounter accusations of bigoted hatred of Jews. What is the cause of this inconsistency? And is it not actually somewhat more "racist" to assume that Jews are some homogenous bloc that will all conform to the same political ideology? Isn't that the sort of ugly "group thinking" that is the basis of racism?

The post is a garble of terms and words, difficult to discern the meaning.
But while it is possible to oppose some or many or all of the policies of Israel without being an anti-semite, in actual practice one finds that anti-semites hide behind a "principled" political stand on Israel, knowing that expressing outright anti-semitism is socially unacceptable, in this country in most circles anyway.
One way to tell the difference is to listen for strong condemnations of Israel for some policy that every Arab state maintains as a matter of course and goes unremarked.
You don't have to look much further than this board for evidence of this.

I haven't had enough coffee this morning to be able to figure out what Saladin is trying to say. His post is so flowery that I doubt if he even understands it. I can say though that political correctness, no matter who is engaged in it, is a bunch a crap. Call a spade a spade. Say it like it really is.

• Banned
But while it is possible to oppose some or many or all of the policies of Israel without being an anti-semite, in actual practice one finds that anti-semites hide behind a "principled" political stand on Israel, knowing that expressing outright anti-semitism is socially unacceptable, in this country in most circles anyway.
One way to tell the difference is to listen for strong condemnations of Israel for some policy that every Arab state maintains as a matter of course and goes unremarked.

The post was a reference to those that claim that certain policy positions was evidence of what you refer to as "anti-Semitism." I found it inconsistent that those who refer to advocacy of certain policy positions in the case of U.S. racial minorities as evidence of "racism" are attacked for their petty adherence to "political correctness," but that comments such as yours are allowed to stand without such criticism.

The post was a reference to those that claim that certain policy positions was evidence of what you refer to as "anti-Semitism." I found it inconsistent that those who refer to advocacy of certain policy positions in the case of U.S. racial minorities as evidence of "racism" are attacked for their petty adherence to "political correctness," but that comments such as yours are allowed to stand without such criticism.

No clearer.
I am waiting to see any "inconsistency" here.

Yes I agree, Saladin's post is a little hard to figure out.

But the Rabbi's is very simple.

Any criticism of Israel puts you in the anti-semitic camp

Yep what other group has a recognized name for those who oppose them.

Actually antisemetic was co-opted it used to include all those of semetic descent (arabic) now it just means joos.

The joos are very good at playing politics. If you try and be politically correct with them you are just playing their game.

I have gathered that accusations of racially or ethnically discriminatory views against minorities on the basis of certain policy positions (such as opposition to positive discrimination programs as "affirmative action") is somewhat anathema in the U.S. and subject to counter-accusations of stifling active discussion through "political correctness." Yet, it also strikes me that many critics of Israeli state policy (or more seriously, full-on anti-Zionism) will inevitably encounter accusations of bigoted hatred of Jews. What is the cause of this inconsistency? And is it not actually somewhat more "racist" to assume that Jews are some homogenous bloc that will all conform to the same political ideology? Isn't that the sort of ugly "group thinking" that is the basis of racism?

Would I be correct is thinking that you are trying to point out a difference between Jews and Zionism?
I have always been taught that being a Jew was by birth. (or conversion I guess)
I have always been taught that promoting a nation of Israel was Zionism.
One can be a Zionist without being Jewish.
One can be a Jew and not a Zionist.

No clearer.
I am waiting to see any "inconsistency" here.

The inconsistency is quite apparent; those who accuse others of bigotry towards standard racial minorities in the U.S. on account of policy positions that they adopt are themselves accused of rigidly upholding "political correctness"; those who accuse others of bigotry towards Jews on account of policy positions that they adopt are lauded for it. There's plenty of complaints about Al Sharpton on this board, but few about the far more unscrupulous Alan Dershowitz, who routinely accuses opponents of "anti-Semitism" (despite the fact that Arabs are Semites).

It's also the case that the proponents of this inconsistency know exactly who they are. For example, about 60 to 70% of the negative reputation (and several harassing private messages) that I have received has come from GHook93, with much screeching and yapping about "Islamofacist" usually attached. I've not yet seen this translate into a contribution of substantive thread comment on his part. Similarly, jillian has also provided her own little red mark for this thread without actual response...private assault before public confrontation is typically a sign of cowardice. ;)

OH PLEASE! The PC shit runs strong for the Arabs and Muslims not only in America, but 10 fold in Europe. Heck in Europe you get critized for supporting Israel and people are afraid to say they are Jewish. But in Arabs and Muslims can openly call for Sharia law and death to infidels and they get full protection as support in Europe. The PC has protected Arabs and Muslims 1000 fold more than it protects the Jews.

Even in America PCness protects Arabs and Muslims 10 fold more than Jews. PCness is exactly how Hasan was able to remain in position to kill Americans when there were millions of red flags to shut him down.

But don't worry, the PC protection of Muslims and Arabs will go out the window once we no longer need your Black Crack! This will happen over the next decade. Once that happens not even Libtards like Shogun will be able to protect you via PCness!

It's also the case that the proponents of this inconsistency know exactly who they are. For example, about 60 to 70% of the negative reputation (and several harassing private messages) that I have received has come from GHook93, with much screeching and yapping about "Islamofacist" usually attached. I've not yet seen this translate into a contribution of substantive thread comment on his part. Similarly, jillian has also provided her own little red mark for this thread without actual response...private assault before public confrontation is typically a sign of cowardice. ;)
I have also been the victim of GHooks ranting PM's and his and Jillians negative reps.

But this is how they operate.

Typical of the Zionist mind set they grew up in.

To vilify anyone with even the slightest critizism and maintain the eternal victim status at any cost.

Women have a name for their opposition - Chauvinist.
Koreans have a name for their persecutors - Kim Jong-il
Global Warming even has a name for those who oppose them - Smart

Yes I agree, Saladin's post is a little hard to figure out.

But the Rabbi's is very simple.

Any criticism of Israel puts you in the anti-semitic camp

Actually antisemetic was co-opted it used to include all those of semetic descent (arabic) now it just means joos.

The joos are very good at playing politics. If you try and be politically correct with them you are just playing their game.

No it wasn't you stupid fuck. Antisemitism was meant to mean hatred of the Jews (which you know a lot about)!

You you stick to your semitic people arguement to try to say there is no antisemitism, but then again you are a libtard, so it suits your intelligence!

Isalmofascist? Do the wackjobs still use that term?

Well for libtard like you that still think 9/11 was planned by GWB and the US government, I guess its easy to put your head in the sand.

But for the people that live in reality (including Barak Obama) we recognize there is a dangerous element that have perverted Islam to justify their immoral actions, which mostly harms other Muslims, that seek to destroy us.

You next comment, which is typical of open-book libtards, is to blame the Jews! :clap2:

Forgive me, comrade, didn't you mean to say "[y]ou sand N#gger fuck, get your story straight! PCness protects ARABS and MUSLIMS, your power will erode as the west inevitably gets off oil! Sorry sucka, but your people will be back at the bottom soon. Switzerland and France were the starting points." That is what you communicated to me via reputation comment, after all. ;)

That is pretty dishonest Saladin. I believe you shot me an PM first. Then I shot you a visitor board message, which is open to the public, which you have still not answered.

I did give you props for a great user name, because General Saladin is someone I admire. A brillant military mind, while also being a very merciful leader.

Saladin Stated: And as a Palestinian resident of Lebanon myself, I'm quite certain that most of your assertions about that community will be inaccurate.

If this is true, then I will give you props for being more level-headed than I previously gave you credit for.

Answer me this:
(1) Do you prefer peace with Israel or the death of every Israeli?
(2) If you see peace, what is you definition of it? What do you demand?
(3) Have you ever met a Jew? If you did what was your reaction be (or would be)? What about an Israeli civilian?
(4) If you prefer war and the death of Israel, how can you honestly react negatively when Israel fights back? I mean its hypocritical to cry foul when you desire every Israeli Jew to die!
(5) Do you believe Jews drink the blood of gentile children? Do you think Zionist control the world, esp the media?
(6) Who is a bigger threat to world peace, Israel or Iran?

You still haven't answered this!:eek:

Forum List

Back