“Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year”

I have more than 24,000 written manuscripts which chronicle the ministry of Jesus Christ and my personal experiences which confirm the accounts.
U2 sold 3 million of their last record, and they don't claim that it was god's music. Should they? Is that proof of god?
Apparently you don’t know Bono very well.
Why? Are you two butt buddies or something?

I have more than 24,000 written manuscripts which chronicle the ministry of Jesus Christ and my personal experiences which confirm the accounts.
U2 sold 3 million of their last record, and they don't claim that it was god's music. Should they? Is that proof of god?
We are brothers in Christ ;)

Empty-Church-Public-Domain-768x512.jpg

Is this good or bad?

Today, nearly four in ten (39%) young adults (ages 18-29) are religiously unaffiliated
—three times the unaffiliated rate (13%) among seniors (ages 65 and older). While previous generations were also more likely to be religiously unaffiliated in their twenties, young adults today are nearly four times as likely as young adults a generation ago to identify as religiously unaffiliated. In 1986, for example, only 10% of young adults claimed no religious affiliation.

And it’s even worse in Europe where many empty churches are being converted to Muslim mosques.

At one time, churches provided a loci of social belonging as much as a religious base. Now, as many young people are losing the agenda of close, personal, face-to-face relatonships, such social gatherings no longer meet their personal goals.

What do you think?

More of this
@ "Between 6,000 and 10,000 churches in the U.S. are dying each year" - and that means that over 100 will die this week

The 5 simple rules of science are why churches are dying

(1) Question authority. No idea is true just because someone says so, including me.

THIS RULE ALONE SHOULD MAKE BEING A CHRISTIANS OR MUSLIM IMPOSSIBLE

(2) Think for yourself. Question yourself. Don't believe anything just because you want to. Believing something doesn't make it so.

THIS IS WHAT CHRISTIANS AND MUSLIMS DO. THEY BELIEVE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BELIEVE. THEY CALL IT FAITH

(3) Test ideas by the evidence gained from observation and experiment. If a favorite idea fails a well-designed test, it's wrong. Get over it.

EVERY MIRACLE STORY IN EVERY ANCIENT HOLY BOOK FAILS

(4) Follow the evidence wherever it leads. If you have no evidence, reserve judgment.

And perhaps the most important rule of all...

(5) Remember: you could be wrong. Even the best scientists have been wrong about some things. Newton, Einstein, and every other great scientist in history -- they all made mistakes. Of course they did. They were human.

Science is a way to keep from fooling ourselves, and each other.

Nothing, as usual.
So that's a yes. Got it.

So that's a yes. Got it.
If it makes you happy to see it that way, go for it.

Guys used to be really proud of their mullet hair cuts too. People move on, and tend to drop those things that serve no purpose in their lives.

They got mullet hair cuts when they stopped giving their faiths relevance.

I went to Mass this Sunday and the pews were packed.

I've been going to daily Mass with my sister, and even on a random weekday, there are still at least 100 people there.

Reports of the death of Christianity are premature.

I've been going to daily Mass with my sister, and even on a random weekday, there are still at least 100 people there.

Sorry, your personal anecdote does not trump or even have any bearing on the body of data.

Sorry, your personal anecdote does not trump or even have any bearing on the body of data.

your data is wrong, rook is correct they are bristling with congregants - though I would say they are not the same people that were there 50 years ago. and no longer have the sway they had over the general populous they once had - Roe v Wade broke their monopoly and they know it.

Since polls predicted that Trump had "no path to victory" all the way until they started counting the votes, I tend to view polls with a grain of salt, and also, all other pronouncements made by a biased secular media that tends to hate Christianity and all it stands for.

All my life I have heard the secular media declare that Christianity is dying but on every Sunday I see the pews are full.

Either the secular media is lying, or I happen to exist in an unusual place that is untouched by the outside world.

I prefer to believe the former.

All my life I have heard the secular media declare that Christianity is dying but on every Sunday I see the pews are full.
But it would be specious to draw any conclusion from your personal anecdote.
How is that a personal anecdote. If I had only one Church in my life, maybe. But I've been to Catholic Churches all over America, and every time I go to Mass, the pews are full.

I tend to believe my personal experiences more than what I read in the media.

Either the secular media is lying, or I happen to exist in an unusual place that is untouched by the outside world.

I prefer to believe the former.

There are some churches who are dying. I think we see this more in the protestant/evangelical churches. My mother in laws church for example, almost entirely elderly people. There is one young couple with a couple children and my teenage nephew who lives with her going there. I don’t foresee them lasting another generation.

your data is wrong, rook is correct they are bristling with congregants
That is incorrect. And it's not "my data", it's the data.
sure, and hillary won the election - maybe at a cross roads but in florida the christians going to church are like termites finding a damp log.
Well, that was an irrelevant pile of crap.

I think you’ve summed up the content in just about every internet message board

Forum List

Back