Between 20-24" of rain have fallen in South Carolina since Thursday...

You did not go through Rita or Ike or Charley, did you?
Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Those were 2 badass storms

Those were hurricanes though. This is ten continuous days of relentless rain. Some of it influenced by Joachin, but this was going on before Joachin showed up.

As anyone who's lived in a desert knows, when the water can't run off it accumulates. This is no desert, and it takes a lot to saturate the ground. But keep the water coming for a week and a half, and that point is reached.

It's been mercifully less intense this weekend than the dire NOAA predictions had it. Another day or two we may see what the sun looks like again. But my tomatoes are just toast at this point. Or more accurately --- a viscous, glutinous vegetative mass of jelloesque corruption and putrescence.

Better the tomatoes then you, Pogo. You're still alive and have the opportunity to get right with God. How great is the mercy of God! Joachim was sent by the LORD. I made a thread about Joachim here on USMB when it was just a teensy weensy tropical out in the ocean - you people need to pay closer attention. Ya'll really do not listen very well!

Actually Joachin was sent by a convergence of air masses like every other tropical storm since thousands of years before God was invented.

Jesus sent my tomatoes to hell. :( What did they ever do?

They should send some to California....

We've certainly got enough. Hey, we could build a pipeline out there. Onliest thing is, if it broke over the midwest it might contaminate the oil in the ground.

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Those were hurricanes though. This is ten continuous days of relentless rain. Some of it influenced by Joachin, but this was going on before Joachin showed up.

As anyone who's lived in a desert knows, when the water can't run off it accumulates. This is no desert, and it takes a lot to saturate the ground. But keep the water coming for a week and a half, and that point is reached.

It's been mercifully less intense this weekend than the dire NOAA predictions had it. Another day or two we may see what the sun looks like again. But my tomatoes are just toast at this point. Or more accurately --- a viscous, glutinous vegetative mass of jelloesque corruption and putrescence.

Better the tomatoes then you, Pogo. You're still alive and have the opportunity to get right with God. How great is the mercy of God! Joachim was sent by the LORD. I made a thread about Joachim here on USMB when it was just a teensy weensy tropical out in the ocean - you people need to pay closer attention. Ya'll really do not listen very well!

600 Mile Wide Atlantic Storm 9/23/2015 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Here is the thread posted on September 23, 2015. I started praying for the deluge of rain some months before but the target date the LORD gave me for the beginning of the rain was September 24th, 2015.

When I heard about this tropical storm and looked up the meaning of the name I knew it was part of my answer coming in! I was so happy about it I decided to make a thread!

I continued to pray for more rain, steady rain, a great deluge of rain that would not let up and my church prayed in agreement with me. The rain made history and did what it was sent to do. To God be the Glory.

My God answers prayer. His name is Jesus Christ.
You are a loony, Jere. Jesus loves you, but He does not bring devastation on people because you pray for it.

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Actually Joachin was sent by a convergence of air masses like every other tropical storm since thousands of years before God was invented.

It was an answer to prayer. As for your tomatoes? You are in one piece. That is all that matters. If you will look at this right? Your time being shut in? Is a blessing in disguise.
Goodnight!

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

It was an answer to prayer. As for your tomatoes? You are in one piece. That is all that matters. If you will look at this right? Your time being shut in? Is a blessing in disguise.
Goodnight!
Loony! :lol: Little does she know the RC Jesuits have a plan to conquer the pentecostals and make Jere a nun.

South Carolina Rainfall Is Worst In A Thousand Years, Gov. Haley Says

561187741800002d00dc1198.jpeg

Being called the worst storm in 1,000 years, although I am not sure how they can measure it...

Hoping that this too shall pass quickly.

Nice the doom n gloom press conferences are occasionally correct. Watched her's on Weather Channel days back when warning about the coming rain.

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Goodnight!

That doesn't answer the tomato question.
Question being --- what did my tomatoes do to be condemned to Hell? Are they gay tomatoes?

:eusa_think:

South Carolina Rainfall Is Worst In A Thousand Years, Gov. Haley Says

561187741800002d00dc1198.jpeg

Being called the worst storm in 1,000 years, although I am not sure how they can measure it...

Hoping that this too shall pass quickly.

What I heard referring to "a thousand years" was the NOAA predictions describing a "once in a thousand year event" as far as a continuous perfect storm of rain.

We've been getting it here in WNC, as has northeast Georgia. It started Thursday night September 24 and except for half a day on Tuesday 9/29 hasn't stopped. We've got I'd guess at least 15 inches here in that time, probably more.

SC is (generally) lower and flatter land than here so it's going to pile up more there than here. Around here with high elevations and lots of drainage the main concern is landslides. That, and finding oneself on a little mountain-pass road that's suddenly unusable because a tree fell across it, which is why I haven't been out hardly at all.

Never seen this much rain, ever.

Me neither. God really answered my prayers beyond what I could ever have hoped or imagined, Pogo. I started asking the LORD for this rain some months ago as there was a Satanic rave in Georgia called Tomorrowland which would have (if it had not been for the rain destroying their plans and getting canceled early) very dangerous for the over 150,000 young people who had bought tickets to attend it - it was to go on until September 28th - I was also praying for rain during the anti-Christ Popes visit which fell on the same days (approximately) and so after the rave there was another event which a man at my church told me today that my prayer for rain was certainly answered by God and that God had used the rain to rain out another ungodly event (which I had no idea of!) and he and his wife surely seemed very happy about it. I had asked my church to join me in asking for the rain to start pouring on the 24th at church - I asked them to join me in agreeing for the rain the week before (if I recall the timing correctly) and everyone present did. There is tremendous power in agreement - especially in a very large group of prayer warriors. As I said before, it is the greatest answer to prayer I've received from God concerning rain that I can recall. I'm overwhelmed at His Goodness towards me! He is so wonderful! I'm praising Jesus for it!

OMG....

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Bad, bad, BAD tomatoes!

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Bad, bad, BAD tomatoes!

Naughty, evil, wicked tomatoes!
Wait wait ---- I think I get it. It's .... forbidden fruit! :eusa_dance: :rock:

:::chomp:: chomp::: squish::: squish::: Anyone for pizza? Fresh sauce!
pancake.gif

The rain has finally stopped. :eek: Let's see if we can get a full day in for the first time since September 23rd.

Hugo - '88
Hazel- '54

Goodnight!

Question being --- what did my tomatoes do to be condemned to Hell? Are they gay tomatoes?

Listen, Joakhim has been right on target every step of the way - there is nothing random going on here... Your tomatoes were collateral damage. Don't read into it.

Goodnight!

Listen, Joakhim has been right on target every step of the way - there is nothing random going on here... Your tomatoes were collateral damage. Don't read into it.
Jere is engaged in the ages old mischief of insider priest craft, taking credit for something the which she had nothing to do.

Good news Jere. Some of my tomatoes are still viable! :eusa_dance:

I made sure to start with a strongly disease-resistant variety due to the usual amount of rain around here, never anticipating ten days of it. A few rotted and are useless but several more are intact, nice and plump and juicy and getting a nice sun tan right now. :thup:

Jesus loses this one. Too bad Jesus. I win, fair and square. Since my lettuce and even peppers also survived I'm gonna make me a salad. And I'm gonna put my favourite dressing on -- it's called, and I'm not making this up.... "Goddess".

Dressing_Goddess_CL___.png

:rofl:

Goodnight!

Jere is engaged in the ages old mischief of insider priest craft, taking credit for something the which she had nothing to do.
Good news Jere. Some of my tomatoes are still viable! :eusa_dance:

I made sure to start with a strongly disease-resistant variety due to the usual amount of rain around here, never anticipating ten days of it. A few rotted and are useless but several more are intact, nice and plump and juicy and getting a nice sun tan right now. :thup:

Jesus loses this one. Too bad Jesus. I win, fair and square. Since my lettuce and even peppers also survived I'm gonna make me a salad. And I'm gonna put my favourite dressing on -- it's called, and I'm not making this up.... "Goddess".

Dressing_Goddess_CL___.png

:rofl:

Jesus has never lost a battle yet, Pogo. As for the salvaged tomatoes? That is great news! Do you see how merciful God is? You should be thanking him! I am! You've got tomatoes for your salad now! I'm glad to hear that you eat healthy.

Oh, before I forget... I looked up this news report posted 2 hours ago.

East Coast rain stops but 9 dead and cemetery coffins rise from ground

Rain finally lets up on the East Coast but historic flooding leaves nine dead and thousands homeless while coffins start rising from the ground at one cemetery
  • The historic rainfall that hit the East Coast this weekend is beginning to slow down with South Carolina hit hardest
  • Nine people have been declared dead as a result of the rains, while thousands are homeless
  • 40,000 residents have no water, 26,000 have no power and at one cemetery coffins rose from the ground and were floating in the waters
  • Obama declared a state of emergency and Governor Haley has urged residents to stay in their homes if it is safe
  • Hundreds have been rescued from the flood waters, with the Coast Guard doing land rescues in Charleston the city is so submerged
  • Waters are still expected to rise in some areas, and there is also the threat of displaced wildlife including snakes and alligators

2D1E0E8A00000578-3260746-The_historic_rainfall_that_hit_the_East_Coast_this_weekend_is_sl-a-27_1444068661711.jpg

The torrential downpours that have left parts of the East Coast submerged have finally let up and communities are slowly beginning to deal with the massive flooding and damages.

In the end the historic storms claimed the lives of nine people and left thousands homeless, hitting South Carolina hared than any other state.

Over 20 inches fell in parts of the state on Sunday, which resulted in coffins rising from the ground at one cemetery in the state.

There are currently 40,000 residents without water and 26,000 without power.

East Coast rain stops but 9 dead and cemetery coffins rise from ground

Forum List

Back