Between 20-24" of rain have fallen in South Carolina since Thursday...

South Carolina Rainfall Is Worst In A Thousand Years, Gov. Haley Says

561187741800002d00dc1198.jpeg

Being called the worst storm in 1,000 years, although I am not sure how they can measure it...

Hoping that this too shall pass quickly.

What I heard referring to "a thousand years" was the NOAA predictions describing a "once in a thousand year event" as far as a continuous perfect storm of rain.

We've been getting it here in WNC, as has northeast Georgia. It started Thursday night September 24 and except for half a day on Tuesday 9/29 hasn't stopped. We've got I'd guess at least 15 inches here in that time, probably more.

SC is (generally) lower and flatter land than here so it's going to pile up more there than here. Around here with high elevations and lots of drainage the main concern is landslides. That, and finding oneself on a little mountain-pass road that's suddenly unusable because a tree fell across it, which is why I haven't been out hardly at all.

Never seen this much rain, ever.

Me neither. God really answered my prayers beyond what I could ever have hoped or imagined, Pogo. I started asking the LORD for this rain some months ago as there was a Satanic rave in Georgia called Tomorrowland which would have (if it had not been for the rain destroying their plans and getting canceled early) very dangerous for the over 150,000 young people who had bought tickets to attend it - it was to go on until September 28th - I was also praying for rain during the anti-Christ Popes visit which fell on the same days (approximately) and so after the rave there was another event which a man at my church told me today that my prayer for rain was certainly answered by God and that God had used the rain to rain out another ungodly event (which I had no idea of!) and he and his wife surely seemed very happy about it. I had asked my church to join me in asking for the rain to start pouring on the 24th at church - I asked them to join me in agreeing for the rain the week before (if I recall the timing correctly) and everyone present did. There is tremendous power in agreement - especially in a very large group of prayer warriors. As I said before, it is the greatest answer to prayer I've received from God concerning rain that I can recall. I'm overwhelmed at His Goodness towards me! He is so wonderful! I'm praising Jesus for it!
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Luke 6:11 is for you, Guno. You're hatred of the Messiah and those who follow Him has driven you mad.

Get help jeri if you really think by your prayers you changed the natural forces of weather patterns, that is called a delusion

Being called the worst storm in 1,000 years, although I am not sure how they can measure it...

What I heard referring to "a thousand years" was the NOAA predictions describing a "once in a thousand year event" as far as a continuous perfect storm of rain.

We've been getting it here in WNC, as has northeast Georgia. It started Thursday night September 24 and except for half a day on Tuesday 9/29 hasn't stopped. We've got I'd guess at least 15 inches here in that time, probably more.

SC is (generally) lower and flatter land than here so it's going to pile up more there than here. Around here with high elevations and lots of drainage the main concern is landslides. That, and finding oneself on a little mountain-pass road that's suddenly unusable because a tree fell across it, which is why I haven't been out hardly at all.

Me neither. God really answered my prayers beyond what I could ever have hoped or imagined, Pogo. I started asking the LORD for this rain some months ago as there was a Satanic rave in Georgia called Tomorrowland which would have (if it had not been for the rain destroying their plans and getting canceled early) very dangerous for the over 150,000 young people who had bought tickets to attend it - it was to go on until September 28th - I was also praying for rain during the anti-Christ Popes visit which fell on the same days (approximately) and so after the rave there was another event which a man at my church told me today that my prayer for rain was certainly answered by God and that God had used the rain to rain out another ungodly event (which I had no idea of!) and he and his wife surely seemed very happy about it. I had asked my church to join me in asking for the rain to start pouring on the 24th at church - I asked them to join me in agreeing for the rain the week before (if I recall the timing correctly) and everyone present did. There is tremendous power in agreement - especially in a very large group of prayer warriors. As I said before, it is the greatest answer to prayer I've received from God concerning rain that I can recall. I'm overwhelmed at His Goodness towards me! He is so wonderful! I'm praising Jesus for it!

Luke 6:11 is for you, Guno. You're hatred of the Messiah and those who follow Him has driven you mad.
Well, we can see who's been driven mad.

Well, we can see who's been driven mad.
we can see who's been driven mad.

As a hatter

johnny-mad-hatter.png

Wrong. The bible is clear that the prayers of the righteous availeth much. The rained out Satanic Rave fest stopped many people from being put into serious danger. Not one life was lost. It was a good thing and God shut down the Tomorrowland Belgium Satanist agenda in Georgia. They won't be back next year. They are Finished. With a capitol F.

church_lady_could_it_be_satan.jpeg

The rain is over. If the flood affected your neighborhood? Why not go outside and help your neighbors clean up? The exercise would be good for some of you! Start redeeming the time instead of wasting it.

For those who are still reading - let me share this story with you which might help some folks think more seriously about what they are doing and how there are consequences to the wrong actions / decisions some folks make in life......

This man told a story once about a friend of his who was talking about building a house on a low-lying piece of property. I recall going to look at a piece of property with some people years ago and the same thing happened - it was in a flood zone plain and because of the topography map someone had looked at they didn't buy it!

Anyway, this fellow had a surveyor advise him that building on a flood plain was not a good idea - that he would be wise to build on higher ground. The man took the surveyor's advice. The following spring, when the snows were melting, he drove past the plot and observed that it was underwater. The banks of the little stream had not been able to contain the torrent.

Then it occurred to him! Some people build their lives on flood plains, gambling that the waters of adversity will not touch them. They ignore the wise counsel of friends and jump headlong into risky behavior, actions!

With that said, how can we be sure whether what we are doing is right or not? We need to gather all the available information and examine it. We need to heed wise counsel as the young man did when he listened to the surveyor and didn't build there. God expects us to use the common sense He has given us. He expects us to heed His warnings and not build our house on the sand but upon the rock which is Jesus Christ. Where do we get our wise counsel from? We get it from the LORD. We need to spend time in the Word of God and learn to hear from the LORD on every matter of our lives. When we commit our ways unto the LORD we will find ourselves able to withstand the storms of life. Without Him? It is as if we have built our house on the sand. When the storms come? It won't hold.

For those who are still reading - let me share this story with you which might help some folks think more seriously about what they are doing and how there are consequences to the wrong actions / decisions some folks make in life......

This man told a story once about a friend of his who was talking about building a house on a low-lying piece of property. I recall going to look at a piece of property with some people years ago and the same thing happened - it was in a flood zone plain and because of the topography map someone had looked at they didn't buy it!

Anyway, this fellow had a surveyor advise him that building on a flood plain was not a good idea - that he would be wise to build on higher ground. The man took the surveyor's advice. The following spring, when the snows were melting, he drove past the plot and observed that it was underwater. The banks of the little stream had not been able to contain the torrent.

Then it occurred to him! Some people build their lives on flood plains, gambling that the waters of adversity will not touch them. They ignore the wise counsel of friends and jump headlong into risky behavior, actions!

With that said, how can we be sure whether what we are doing is right or not? We need to gather all the available information and examine it. We need to heed wise counsel as the young man did when he listened to the surveyor and didn't build there. God expects us to use the common sense He has given us. He expects us to heed His warnings and not build our house on the sand but upon the rock which is Jesus Christ. Where do we get our wise counsel from? We get it from the LORD. We need to spend time in the Word of God and learn to hear from the LORD on every matter of our lives. When we commit our ways unto the LORD we will find ourselves able to withstand the storms of life. Without Him? It is as if we have built our house on the sand. When the storms come? It won't hold.
Cool story, Sis.

BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN CLIMATE CHANGE.....I get paranoid with a simple rain shower, I get nervous when the wind blows at high speeds, the snow is no longer this beautiful white powder to play in......extreme weather will forever be the norm and we may as well accept it.

Prayers and much needed help to all those in SC

Leave it to the GOP...I suspect they expect these people to pull themselves up by the boot strings and swim to drier land and start fresh. The irony in all this, SC votes the GOP ticket over and over and over so, let the chips or the life raft fall as it may....
upload_2015-10-6_14-36-2.jpeg

You did not go through Rita or Ike or Charley, did you?

Uuuuh .....I just said I live on the Texas Gulf coast.
For the last 45 years actually,and that aint shit for bad rain.
Talk to me when they see 43 inch's in 24 hours.
You are an idiot, then.

So you think 4 days of rain at 20 -24 inch's is worse than 43 inch's in 24 hours?
I know liberals are ignorant fucks but this surpasses even my lowest estimates.

This isn't about math, you moron...and unless your shit deep in this mess, stop with the bullshit and do something besides argue the inches....they need help.

You are an idiot, then.

So you think 4 days of rain at 20 -24 inch's is worse than 43 inch's in 24 hours?

This isn't about math, you moron...and unless your shit deep in this mess, stop with the bullshit and do something besides argue the inches....they need help.

Oh STFU..I was stating a fact,dont like it,dont care.
Besides,dont you have a white privilege thread you should be working on?

You are an idiot, then.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL......listen genus, who cares about you and your math...I'm just saying...GOT WATER? they need some. Oh and white privilege is not the issue here, people are suffering, pray and do something.

You are an idiot, then.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL......listen genus, who cares about you and your math...I'm just saying...GOT WATER? they need some. Oh and white privilege is not the issue here, people are suffering, pray and do something.

Misspelling genius .....priceless.

Forum List

Back