Best Thing About Being a Jew During Christmas Holidays

Since I was raised secular, I'm not under pressure to prepare for any of the holidays that come at this time of year, be they the Jewish or the Christian holidays.

I bet $100 your "secular" ass will be home on the couch Christmas Day, vs. being at work, right?

Funny coming from a Jew. Never forget it was Christian hands that put Jews into ovens during WWII. And Christians that are forcing a minor Jewish holiday to become a "major" one during Christmas.

Nazism was an atheist movement, regardless of the propaganda, just as Communism in USSR was also.

Either way if you want to say the Nazis killed the Jews it was the Christians in America, Britian and the Allies that came in and saved the Jews!

More from Christian Hitler's lips for swallow to swallow -

"Christianity is an invention of sick brains: one could imagine nothing more senseless, nor any more indecent way of turning the idea of the Godhead into a mockery.... .... When all is said, we have no reason to wish that the Italians and Spaniards should free themselves from the drug of Christianity. Let's be the only people who are immunised against the disease."

Funny coming from a Jew. Never forget it was Christian hands that put Jews into ovens during WWII. And Christians that are forcing a minor Jewish holiday to become a "major" one during Christmas.

how do christians force a minor holiday to become a major one?

Hannukkah is a relatively minor Jewish holiday.

Hannukkah is the one I teach with pride to my children. It's about the Jews victory over the Greeks. It's finally a Jewish holiday not about crying about defeat, but one about victory. Passover, Egypt forced Jews into slavery, god bailed them out and fleed from Egypt. Yom Kipper, the day of atonement - getting rid of you sins. Purim the Haman tried to genocide the Jews. Tisha B'Av, mourning the destruction of the Jewish Temple, not once, but twice.

But here is come Hannukkah. After the Jews has semi-autonmous rule of Israel since Cyrus the Great allowed them to return in great numbers and rebuild the 2nd temple. The Greeks defeated the Persians and took over Israel with it and kept them as in self-rule, but not independent. As the Greeks tried to turn the Temple into a pagan temple, the Maccabees revolted, kicking the shit out of of the Greeks leading to the Jewish Golden Era. On Hannukkah we celebrate victory. That is why I like it more than all the other "more significant" Jewish holidays.

Althought I find the Major American Holiday much more significant to me and I find the most pride in them. Memorial Day, Thankgiving, 4th of July/Independence Day and Labor Day. I do have a lot of pride MLK day, Colombus Day and President's Day.

I can say "Merry Christmas," which is my preferred phrase and what I say, without the PC police going nutz.

The assault on Christians in this country is disgusting. Christians and Christian ideology built this country. They deserve respect and gratitude.

No one goes nuts over saying Merry Xmas. That's just wingnut BS.

I can say "Merry Christmas," which is my preferred phrase and what I say, without the PC police going nutz.

The assault on Christians in this country is disgusting. Christians and Christian ideology built this country. They deserve respect and gratitude.

Well the best thing USED TO BE going to Disneyland on Dec 25th. Now it's just as crowded as any other day.

Forum List

Back