Best NON-Fast Food Chair Restaurants....

Best NON-Fast Food Chain Restaurant

• Red Robin

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Olive Garden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffalo Wild Wings

• Hooters

• Outback

• TGI Friday's

• Chili's

• Other (Recommed)

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
You guys have Carrabba's Italian Grill?
Again doesn't even come close to family owned Italian eateries, but compared to Olive Garden is is waaay better.

I love Olive Garden, TBH. I think their food is delicious.

Oh boy...I'll keep quiet...my daughter likes it also...me...there is one dish I can tolerate, that is about it.
Way too much garlic, oil and salt.
So much for keeping quiet...

Again doesn't even come close to family owned Italian eateries, but compared to Olive Garden is is waaay better.

It's been a long time since I've been to Olive Garden. We have been to the Red Lobster on several occasions and OG is right next door.....

Now, since I live on the coast, eating at a Red Lobster would be like a sin! :D We don't have any Red Lobsters or other chain seafood type places around here.

Oh boy...I'll keep quiet...my daughter likes it also...me...there is one dish I can tolerate, that is about it.

I LOVE garlic. Lol. I put it in almost everything. It's also very good for you. :)

It's been a long time since I've been to Olive Garden. We have been to the Red Lobster on several occasions and OG is right next door.....

Now, since I live on the coast, eating at a Red Lobster would be like a sin! :D We don't have any Red Lobsters or other chain seafood type places around here.

Omg I know...I have honestly chose to vacation at the beach rather than something else - just for the seafood.
I am in Indiana, and there is simply NO good seafood near here.

I LOVE garlic. Lol. I put it in almost everything. It's also very good for you. :)

So do I, but I do like to taste the food under it also. :D

So do I, but I do like to taste the food under it also. :D

Lol. The Olive Garden I go to doesn't use too much garlic. It probably depends on who is doing the cooking? Anyway, I love the Ravioli di Portobello at Olive Garden. Tis good. :D

We have a better seafood place nearby - our favorite place is at Virginia Beach but that is quite a drive from here....

All this talk about Italian food is making me miss the place named Fazoli's. My area used to have one, but it closed a couple of years ago and is now another place, so the closest location to me now is almost an hour away in Knoxville. I love their pizza and their bread sticks. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

I love Golden Corral. :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I do love the caramel pie that O' Charley's has too. :) :) :)
I think the best value at a chain restaurant is the Golden Corral.

They have a buffet featuring all you can eat sirloin steak. Sometimes after a hard day's work humping concrete I'd go in there, have a huge garden salad as an appetizer to prime up my digestive system and then eat over a dozen of those sirloin steaks. And for dessert a plate stacked with cantalope and watermelon. All for $12.99.

That's a deal. It would cost me a lot more than 13 bucks to make that myself at home.

Holly

They have a buffet featuring all you can eat sirloin steak. Sometimes after a hard day's work humping concrete I'd go in there, have a huge garden salad as an appetizer to prime up my digestive system and then eat over a dozen of those sirloin steaks. And for dessert a plate stacked with cantalope and watermelon. All for $12.99.

That's a deal. It would cost me a lot more than 13 bucks to make that myself at home.

Some are better than others. If you know what is good there, it's worth it. There are plenty of options - definitely the best "bang for your buck".

Holly

You name it and Golden Corral has it. :) :) :)

Holly

Holly

We don't have any Golden Corrals around here that I'm aware of. If they specialize in seafood, that would be why. Chain seafood restaurants apparently don't do good business around here. We used to have a Red Lobster years ago, but it didn't last very long.

Have any you would recommend?

... or, even if not a chain, an amazing place to eat you discovered.....
on a budget; Applebees

very good food at a good price, excellent drink selection and it doesn't look like a cheap place to eat and is comfortable.

If you are ever in Cape Giraudoux Mo, go to Port Cape Giraudoux (spelling) on all you can eat rib night.

best ribs ever

Holly

We don't have any Golden Corrals around here that I'm aware of. If they specialize in seafood, that would be why. Chain seafood restaurants apparently don't do good business around here. We used to have a Red Lobster years ago, but it didn't last very long.

There used to be a place called CHESAPEAKE BAY SEAFOOD HOUSE.
It was awesome! I think it's pretty expensive to run a seafood place.
I can't understand how places at the beach stay in business with the all you can eat crab legs.
I know last summer hubby and I went through about 10 plates loaded with them.

I like the Outback Blooming Onion. Fattening though. I haven't been there in years. I think Red Robin is outrageously expensive. Who wants to pay $35 for a couple of burgers, geez!

Holly

I can't understand how places at the beach stay in business with the all you can eat crab legs.

Because the real seafood places are better and more authentic as compared to the chain restaurants, IMO. People are willing to spend the extra $$ for the good stuff. :)

I like the Outback Blooming Onion. Fattening though. I haven't been there in years. I think Red Robin is outrageously expensive. Who wants to pay $35 for a couple of burgers, geez!

Have been to Outback twice recently.
We always get the Bloomin' Onion - once it was cooked perfect (cut down to the core and nice and crispy. I love the sauce they serve with it too.) The last time though, it was not cut all the way down and soggy. Gross.

Holly

Because the real seafood places are better and more authentic as compared to the chain restaurants, IMO. People are willing to spend the extra $$ for the good stuff. :)

We have a very popular privately owned seafood place 10 minutes away, not but I wasn't impressed. May have been a bad day (actually 2 days - we have been there twice).
The place at the beach was excellent though. No comparison to Red Lobster......

Have been to Outback twice recently.
We always get the Bloomin' Onion - once it was cooked perfect (cut down to the core and nice and crispy. I love the sauce they serve with it too.) The last time though, it was not cut all the way down and soggy. Gross.

I've never had a bad experience with the blooming onion yet. :D The Outback's coconut shrimp is really good too.

It was awesome!
I've been to that place too, but it was back when I was just a kid so sadly I can't really give an opinion of the place. All that I can say is that my family liked it enough to where I do remember getting to be there several times. :) :) :)

God bless you and my family always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

Forum List

Back