Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sound of Music

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fiddler On The Roof

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • West Side Story

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Who said they had never seen any musical move in their life?

Pogo Skull Pilot

Why did you look at this thread then??????
If you were going to go see a musical, which would you choose????

I wouldn't go.

I never understood the concept of people spontaneously breaking out into song

I looked at the thread because I was bored

Exactly my thought in bold. For me when people start breaking into song the whole plot is destroyed. You can no longer imagine-along in a story; you're being told "this is not a story; this is a Hollywood production". People in the real world simply don't stop what they're doing and break into song. To me, you either tell a story, or you sing a song -- not both. I don't like being forced to switch back and forth.

I just came here to drop Bonzie's music video. :)

I have seen musicals and/or snippets -- as mentioned I got tricked into Les Miserables, not knowing it was a musical. But I've never seen the ones on the OP poll list.

Perhaps different people perceive stage imagination differently. I get into it, take it very seriously. For instance I cannot watch graphic violence on the screen. I'll walk right out of the theater because it hurts too much. Maybe that's why I find breaking into song annoying -- it gets in the way of the story.

I get what you mean. I feel that way about Opera but with Opera, it's more that I just can't understand what they are singing....

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Exactly my thought in bold. For me when people start breaking into song the whole plot is destroyed. You can no longer imagine-along in a story; you're being told "this is not a story; this is a Hollywood production". People in the real world simply don't stop what they're doing and break into song. To me, you either tell a story, or you sing a song -- not both. I don't like being forced to switch back and forth.

I have seen musicals and/or snippets -- as mentioned I got tricked into Les Miserables, not knowing it was a musical. But I've never seen the ones on the OP poll list.

Perhaps different people perceive stage imagination differently. I get into it, take it very seriously. For instance I cannot watch graphic violence on the screen. I'll walk right out of the theater because it hurts too much. Maybe that's why I find breaking into song annoying -- it gets in the way of the story.

... oh ... and love you Pogo <smooch!>

In this order: Marry Poppins, My Fair Lady, The Music Man, and Fiddler.

Marry Poppins is my favorite movie of all time, it reminds me of being a kid. Julie Andrews is simply amazing.

My husband's favorite is Mary Poppins also!
It's interesting too cause he's a real manly, sports guy and I always thought that was unusual, but, it is a feel good movie, brings you back to your childhood.... it's never been my favorite but like it much better now and after having seen Saving Mr. Banks (though, I hear that movie was not really true to form....)
It's the inner ghey looking for respite...

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

I get what you mean. I feel that way about Opera but with Opera, it's more that I just can't understand what they are singing....
You do if you have read the play....

Marry Poppins is my favorite movie of all time, it reminds me of being a kid. Julie Andrews is simply amazing.

It's interesting too cause he's a real manly, sports guy and I always thought that was unusual, but, it is a feel good movie, brings you back to your childhood.... it's never been my favorite but like it much better now and after having seen Saving Mr. Banks (though, I hear that movie was not really true to form....)

Must be why he married me! LOL! ;)

One of my fave musicals I performed in, Sugar...The most boring play I performed in was, King Lear, And I hated South Pacific..

Last edited:

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Yeah well I'm not an intellectual like you dear :)

He likes manly women?

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Well it's just old hat for a former performer...I was in the opera, Down in the Valley, a depressing operetta..and HMS Pinafore....a comedy...

Singing in the Rain
Wizard of Oz
Meet Me in Saint Louis
The Sound of Music
West Side Story
Victor/Victoria

Those are the best movie musicals ever made. A Star is Born would be included, but the movie was hacked to death.

Singing in the Rain
Wizard of Oz
Meet Me in Saint Louis
The Sound of Music
West Side Story
Victor/Victoria

Those are the best movie musicals ever made. A Star is Born would be included, but the movie was hacked to death.
She thought she was still doing Funny Girl....

I wouldn't go.

Well it's just old hat for a former performer...I was in the opera, Down in the Valley, a depressing operetta..and HMS Pinafore....a comedy...

Seriously? Color me naïve, but I will take a person at their word....
Do you sing?

Seriously? Color me naïve, but I will take a person at their word....
Do you sing?
Sure, my Grandmother was the music director and choir leader in church.She cut a couple of religious albums in the 1950's..That is where it started...

He likes manly women?

In attitude only hon -- I look totally womanly on the outside ;)

He likes manly women?

In attitude only hon -- I look totally womanly on the outside ;)
So does Bruce Jenner....

Forum List

Back