Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Sound of Music

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Fiddler On The Roof

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • West Side Story

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Fiddler on the roof ,as it portrayed the shtetl in Czarist times, where my grandparent were brought up , it is based on true stories of the shtetl and then people leaving after the pogroms were massive . My grandparent , (may they rest on peace) used to tell us stories about the old country, even before the movie or play came out

Last edited:
Fiddler on the roof ,as it portrayed the shtetl in Czarist times, where my grandparent were brought up , it is based on true stories of the shtetl and then people leaving after the pogroms were massive . My grandparent , (may they rest on peace) used to tell us stories about the old country, even before the movie or play came out

One of the reasons I enjoy it so much.

Instructive and entertaining at the same time.

Who said they had never seen any musical move in their life?

Pogo Skull Pilot

Why did you look at this thread then??????
If you were going to go see a musical, which would you choose????

I wouldn't go.

I never understood the concept of people spontaneously breaking out into song

I looked at the thread because I was bored

Exactly my thought in bold. For me when people start breaking into song the whole plot is destroyed. You can no longer imagine-along in a story; you're being told "this is not a story; this is a Hollywood production". People in the real world simply don't stop what they're doing and break into song. To me, you either tell a story, or you sing a song -- not both. I don't like being forced to switch back and forth.

I just came here to drop Bonzie's music video. :)

I have seen musicals and/or snippets -- as mentioned I got tricked into Les Miserables, not knowing it was a musical. But I've never seen the ones on the OP poll list.

Perhaps different people perceive stage imagination differently. I get into it, take it very seriously. For instance I cannot watch graphic violence on the screen. I'll walk right out of the theater because it hurts too much. Maybe that's why I find breaking into song annoying -- it gets in the way of the story.

... oh ... and love you Pogo <smooch!>

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.

I voted for Fiddler also..

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Exactly my thought in bold. For me when people start breaking into song the whole plot is destroyed. You can no longer imagine-along in a story; you're being told "this is not a story; this is a Hollywood production". People in the real world simply don't stop what they're doing and break into song. To me, you either tell a story, or you sing a song -- not both. I don't like being forced to switch back and forth.

I have seen musicals and/or snippets -- as mentioned I got tricked into Les Miserables, not knowing it was a musical. But I've never seen the ones on the OP poll list.

Perhaps different people perceive stage imagination differently. I get into it, take it very seriously. For instance I cannot watch graphic violence on the screen. I'll walk right out of the theater because it hurts too much. Maybe that's why I find breaking into song annoying -- it gets in the way of the story.

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.
It's all part of her weekly teen man-crush...

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.

Ah, then I've finally accomplished my ultimate goal in life -- to be on the cover of Tiger Beat.

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.
I still love you too Moony! :)

Pogo Skull Pilot

I wouldn't go.

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.

You mis-spelled my name and yet, I still love you. :)

I wouldn't go.

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.
You have a big heart, notice I didn't say fart..

Gawrsh
swoon.gif
what'd I say?

See? Mysterioso.
You have a big heart, notice I didn't say fart..

... actually, you just did...

Forum List

Back