Best Educated states vote for liberal blue

Have the rw's already forgotten the link I posted about the morm cult "missionaries" going into the poorest southern areas and "educating" them about who they should vote for?

Oh wait, the rw's chose not to believe it.

No wonder the GObP lost.

and I notice how you "conveniently" neglected to address the last point in my prior post. Cowardly, but not surprising.

Ahem.
You seem to be reading things I haven't written.

Yes, Obama won the EC. Yes, he won the popular vote. But what you guys are going out of your way to ignore is he didn't win by much -- just 4.8%.

Because when you put it that way, you can't really claim a "MANDATE!!", can you? :lol:

Did you object when Dubya claimed a mandate in 2004 with less of a popular vote margin and only a quarter of the EC vote margin?
Perhaps you need to provide a link. Yes, that would be a fine idea.
If so... I missed that.

daveman
Gunslinger
Member #23991

expatriate
Yellow Dog Democrat
Member #34615

Gee. I wonder why.

Dumbass.

:lmao:

You need a link to see that Bush and the GOP claimed that his victory over Kerry was a mandate? Really???
Google Bush mandate 2004... Read any one of several thousand of them.

Provide one and I will.

Or is that too much trouble for you?

I guess it's not cowardly...somehow...it just isn't! when you neglect to address points, huh?

Let's look at it by county, shall we?

2012-Electoral-Map.jpg

Hmmm...looks a little different that way, doesn't it?

Not really......

Obama Won the population centers which tend to be the areas best educated Mitt won the Rurel areas where all the backwords rednecks live. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure it comforts your closed little mind to feel that way.

Let's look at it by county, shall we?

2012-Electoral-Map.jpg

Hmmm...looks a little different that way, doesn't it?

Not really......

Obama Won the population centers which tend to be the areas best educated Mitt won the Rurel areas where all the backwords rednecks live. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm sure it comforts your closed little mind to feel that way.

Truth hurts doesn't it? You lost nothing you say will change that take your lose with some dignity. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

and I notice how you "conveniently" neglected to address the last point in my prior post. Cowardly, but not surprising.

Ahem.
Perhaps you need to provide a link. Yes, that would be a fine idea.

daveman
Gunslinger
Member #23991

expatriate
Yellow Dog Democrat
Member #34615

Gee. I wonder why.

Dumbass.

:lmao:

You need a link to see that Bush and the GOP claimed that his victory over Kerry was a mandate? Really???

Provide one and I will.

I guess it's not cowardly...somehow...it just isn't! when you neglect to address points, huh?

...my statement was rhetorical... who's to say who was on here when under what name way back when.... certainly not me.

Provide one and I will.

I guess it was too much trouble. :lol:

not too much trouble at all:

Bush claims mandate, sets 2nd-term goals / 'I earned capital in this campaign, political capital, and now I intend to spend it' - SFGate

Merely an observation gained by reading some of the colossally stupid shit posted by some on this board who profess to be "the smart ones".

do YOU claim to be one of the "smart ones"? I was reading some of those old threads from earlier in the fall, when all you republicans were strutting and crowing and predicting a massive Romney landslide.... you were quite prominent in them.... was that evidence of your "smartness"?

I'll bet it sure does "smart" to get your ass whipped as badly as the GOP did last week, eh?

So, the people spoke when they elected Obama -- but they didn't speak when they decided the House should remain GOP.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Didn't read my last paragraph. I understand.

Yeah, yeah..."the mean ol' GOP silenced the voice of the people!!" :lmao:

despite your furious tapdancing to avoid it, the fact of the matter remains that Americans cast more votes for democratic congressional candidates than they did for republican ones.... which really pretty much negates your argument that the fact that republicans retained the house is proof that the people didn't really want to give Obama a mandate.

Merely an observation gained by reading some of the colossally stupid shit posted by some on this board who profess to be "the smart ones".

do YOU claim to be one of the "smart ones"? I was reading some of those old threads from earlier in the fall, when all you republicans were strutting and crowing and predicting a massive Romney landslide.... you were quite prominent in them.... was that evidence of your "smartness"?

I'll bet it sure does "smart" to get your ass whipped as badly as the GOP did last week, eh?

Winning or losing an election doesn't make one smart.. see... this is exactly what I am talking about... that's just dumb.

And no, as a conservative, I don't feel the need to strut around professing my "smartness". It has been my experience in life that those who run their mouths constantly whether it be over their sexual exploits or their intellect, usually the opposite is true.

Imagine, however, if the House of Reps had not fought Obama on the economy and had just gone along with him to improve America, and the economy had improved dramatically what would the vote have been like? The sad part of a democracy is that one party must fight the other party even if it means hurting America. There were a few times in our history when the party not elected, backed off and just nursed their wounds for a time. Were those good periods in our history? The first period was known as the Era of Good Feelings, another period The 100 days. Wars can sometimes cause these periods, sometimes not. Then again we've had periods of compromise, sort of country comes first times, and here the constitution convention comes to mind. But mostly our history is one party trying to make the other party fail. Maybe every president needs a Hundred Days at the start of his term?

The only fight the Republicans could mount was to make Obama fail, and maybe the failure was only partial. worked and America only has the beginning of a partial recovery?

Imagine, however, if the House of Reps had not fought Obama on the economy and had just gone along with him to improve America, and the economy had improved dramatically what would the vote have been like? The sad part of a democracy is that one party must fight the other party even if it means hurting America. There were a few times in our history when the party not elected, backed off and just nursed their wounds for a time. Were those good periods in our history? The first period was known as the Era of Good Feelings, another period The 100 days. Wars can sometimes cause these periods, sometimes not. Then again we've had periods of compromise, sort of country comes first times, and here the constitution convention comes to mind. But mostly our history is one party trying to make the other party fail. Maybe every president needs a Hundred Days at the start of his term?

The only fight the Republicans could mount was to make Obama fail, and maybe the failure was only partial. worked and America only has the beginning of a partial recovery?

Yeah, that's what happened.

Good Lord.....

Winning or losing an election doesn't make one smart.. see... this is exactly what I am talking about... that's just dumb.

And no, as a conservative, I don't feel the need to strut around professing my "smartness". It has been my experience in life that those who run their mouths constantly whether it be over their sexual exploits or their intellect, usually the opposite is true.

winning or losing elections does not make one smart.... but profusely and loudly and inaccurately prognosticating about them does tend to highlight one's lack of intelligence... or good sense, in any case. Do you really want me to go back and dig up a Soggy in NOLA's greatest hits post where you blathered on and on about how badly Obama would lose? (That was a rhetorical question... I have no intention of wasting my time on such an exercise, regardless of how humorous the result would be.)

Forum List

Back