Best and fastest way to help minorities

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
It occurs to me that the absolute best and fastest way to help minorities is to give the parents education vouchers so the kids can obtain a real education and have a chance to succeed.

We've tried handing out money for 50 years now and we have more poverty than ever. Time to admit our failure and try something that will actually work for the better

I tend to agree but unless there is help at home it won't work. There is no family unit, babies are having babies, no father present, etc. I see it all the time when we help at Church. I can't count the times a child has told me her/his father is in prison. It's heartbreaking

It occurs to me that the absolute best and fastest way to help minorities is to give the parents education vouchers so the kids can obtain a real education and have a chance to succeed.

We've tried handing out money for 50 years now and we have more poverty than ever. Time to admit our failure and try something that will actually work for the better
Minority does not equate to poor. There are wealthy minorities and poor minorities. According to the US Census Bureau, by 2050, Caucasians will be a minority to Hispanics, but that does not mean that Hispanics will be richer or have better jobs than Caucasians. They will simply be the majority.

Deport them back to their own countries...The best way to help them is to separate into our own societies and with people that will vote, fight and work in our favor.
Minority means fewer in numbers. There are more women in the US than males, therefore males are the minority gender. Should we deport you?

No, No, first you need to put MOMMY AND DADDY TO WORK ....................................

Let's get those drunk, crack smokin deadbeats off their ass's, cut off the checks and tell em it's time to go to work.

Children need role models and dope smokin, rot gut liquor swilling ass holes who thinks they should get EVERYTHING FOR FREE THEY WANT ARE NOT WHAT THE REST OF US HAVE IN MIND.

The Left will never allow it. Teachers unions provide too much money to the D party and the stupid party (Rs) is too chickenshit to demand change.

What happens when all the parents try to get their kids in the best school in town. Lots of vouchers, not enough space

Damn why do they let the retarded start threads like this??

Looks like I pissed on your fucking ignorant parade, continue on .....................

Did I derail your moronic fucking thread??

ROFLMMFAO......................

The best and fastest way to help minorities is to send them back to their country of origin. Back home, they'll look like geniuses .

It's like a medical triage after a disaster. You have parents that CARE -- and parents that won't even sign report cards. You can tell from the absurdly long lines of disadvantaged families applying for school "lottery systems" that there are not enough slots to go around. Watch "Waiting for SuperMan" if you have cable "on demand" or maybe thru NetFlix.

For a family --- they don't have time to wait for "school reforms" or govt programs to close failing schools. Their problem is TODAY. And you dooming 300,000 kids today to failing schools when the parents DO care.

As to the parents that don't care -- different story. These are the kids we are feeding 365 days a year because the crack mom can't keep food in the house. That's NOT an educational problem. And we shouldn't put teachers into that battle. OPPORTUNITY to escape the school to jail train should be swift and complete. With ALL responsible parents addressed. Vouchers are the important start to guaranteeing that opportunity. Screw this attempt to LEVEL outcomes...

Nope.
There are too many people who don't belong in college already.
The failure rates are absolutely staggering. The waste of taxpayer dollars to fund this is also staggering.

6a00e54f8c25c98834017c3398a198970b-550wi

What happens when all the parents try to get their kids in the best school in town. Lots of vouchers, not enough space

They're not all going to the BEST school in town. Most of the parents would love their kids to be safe and well-educated. Access to the "trophy schools" could still be attained by acheivement and recognition..

Nope.
The failure rates are absolutely staggering. The waste of taxpayer dollars to fund this is also staggering.

I hear you.. But "completing on time" is an OLD expectation. As any parent who has toured colleges with
kids in the past decade can tell you. .MOST schools ADMIT -- they can cannot guarantee "on - time" departures. Some tell you 5 years for undergrad. That general message goes out because colleges now accept a large chunk of unprepared freshman. Kids who will never succeed taking more than 14 hours a semester and need remedial work.

I'd agree more if you cited the "drop-out" rates or "placement" rates. But it's not like it was back 30 or 50 years ago when kids were selected to be prepared to grad on time..

Nope.

I hear you.. But "completing on time" is an OLD expectation. As any parent who has toured colleges with
kids in the past decade can tell you. .MOST schools ADMIT -- they can cannot guarantee "on - time" departures. Some tell you 5 years for undergrad. That general message goes out because colleges now accept a large chunk of unprepared freshman. Kids who will never succeed taking more than 14 hours a semester and need remedial work.

I'd agree more if you cited the "drop-out" rates or "placement" rates. But it's not like it was back 30 or 50 years ago when kids were selected to be prepared to grad on time..

College Completion Graduation Rates and Data for 3 800 Colleges

Nope.

College Completion Graduation Rates and Data for 3 800 Colleges

So it looks like the national avg for "6 year" under graduation is only about 50%.. That's sick...
We are not preparing kids in K-12 for college then .. And in an effort to LEVEL things out -- all we're doing is bankrupting kids who got cheated in 5th grade.. Like the topic of the thread -- we need to give choices and options to parents who WANT college as an option for their kids..

They're not all going to the BEST school in town. Most of the parents would love their kids to be safe and well-educated. Access to the "trophy schools" could still be attained by acheivement and recognition..
Exactly

Give vouchers and minorities will end up in the same schools they always had while the remaining whites in primarily minority schools will get their ticket out

Forum List

Back