besides adding massively to the national debt, what else did bush's tax cuts do?

The credit bubble is what falsely propped the economy up after 9/11. Not a 3 percent tax cut on the top bracket.

The credit bubble is what falsely propped the economy up after 9/11. Not a 3 percent tax cut on the top bracket.

How do you know that? The tax cuts also encompassed far more than the 3% off the top tier.

So, now people have to prove that keeping what's theirs in the first place benefits you.

Is there no end to the entitlement mentality?

It's not all theirs.

Whose is it then?

It's a mix. When you live in a society propped up by laws and infrastructure, you're obligated to pay for such. As a result, all of the dollars you work for are not "yours." That's pretty self explanatory, one would think.

It's a whole nother "sense of entitlement" to think that all money is yours, and that 0% of it is paid to run the Society in which you partake.

How do you know that? The tax cuts also encompassed far more than the 3% off the top tier.

Because it's when the Credit bubble was getting more and more inflated, coinciding with the Economy doing the same, and when the Credit bubble popped, what else popped?> The Economy, meanwhile, still same taxes all around.

These repubs don't make sense...

Obama wants the rich's money but he passed the tax cuts...

So they hate Obama no matter way he does.

Last edited:
It's a mix. When you live in a society propped up by laws and infrastructure, you're obligated to pay for such. As a result, all of the dollars you work for are not "yours." That's pretty self explanatory, one would think.

Yeah, if you're a dyed in the wool Marxist you'd think something absurd like that. I've news for you. The money I work for doesn't belong to you or the government. I don't work for the government and they just happen to be nice enough to let me have some of that money. Every penny of it is mine so when taxes are cut that's just less they are taking from me to meet your alleged "obligations."

It's a whole nother "sense of entitlement" to think that all money is yours, and that 0% of it is paid to run the Society in which you partake.

Exactly who here said that nobody should pay any taxes? Hmm? Name me one person who said that nobody should pay any taxes whatsoever for roads, infrastructure, etc. Even the most libertarian among us understand that some taxes are a necessary evil. It's the level of taxation and amount of government injected into our lives that is the debate.

If you want to live in a society where nothing is yours then go move to Cuba or North Korea where you can proudly live in a one room shack without electricity, serving at the hand of the government, because here in America you aren't entitled to anything you haven't earned you wussified little bitch.

Exactly who here said that nobody should pay any taxes? Hmm?

You thus agreed with me, idiot. (the fact you KNOW you have to pay taxes, means you KNOW that all the money you make isn't YOURS. You ADMIT some is for infrastructure, laws, security, etc etc. YOU ARGUED MY POINT FOR ME, LUMMOX).

Also: nobody's a wussified little bitch. Thnx.

Last edited:
besides adding massively to the national debt, what else did bush's tax cuts do?

added massively to Obama's deficits.

They sure as shit didn't raise employment, revenues or strengthen the Middle Class.

Oh really? We never saw 4.5% unemployment?

A president's term may begin near the beginning of the year, but their first budget isn't until the end of the year. That means Bush, in his first term operated on the last Clinton budget for almost an entire year. At the end of that budget, unemployment was around 5%.

At the end of the last Bush budget, unemployment was at 10.1%. Now it's down to around 9.4%.

Part of the reason Bush put together a huge package just before he left office was because he could see the collapse coming from the evidence of his ruinous policies. I suspect he also knew that Obama would uncover the true cost of both wars and the cost for his disastrous drugs for votes bill and his damaging tax cuts. When Obama decided not to pursue Bush as a criminal, you can bet Bush breathed a real sigh of relief.

You can try to rewrite history, but the facts are out there for anyone who wants to look. Unfortunately for the right wing, it leaves them terribly exposed. Unfortunately for the country, people are too busy with wide screen TVs and sparkly nail polish to find out the truth.

Because it's when the Credit bubble was getting more and more inflated, coinciding with the Economy doing the same, and when the Credit bubble popped, what else popped?> The Economy, meanwhile, still same taxes all around.

The credit bubble had been building for decades even before the Bush tax cuts. It undoubtedly had some affect on the economy, but it was not the end all. There are a whole slew of factors that going into shaping the economy and lower tax rates absolutely aid in growing it. The economy has grown every time taxes have been cut. That's a fact. Deal with it.

The credit bubble had been building for decades even before the Bush tax cuts. It undoubtedly had some affect on the economy, but it was not the end all. There are a whole slew of factors that going into shaping the economy and lower tax rates absolutely aid in growing it. The economy has grown every time taxes have been cut. That's a fact. Deal with it.

That is not a fact. Especially: right now.

You thus agreed with me, idiot. (the fact you KNOW you have to pay taxes, means you KNOW that all the money you make isn't YOURS. You ADMIT some is for infrastructure, laws, security, etc etc. YOU ARGUED MY POINT FOR ME, LUMMOX).

No, I don't agree with you. You said "all of the dollars you work for are not "yours." That is a false statement. All of the money I work for IS mine. I can choose to pay less taxes by living somewhere else, buying certain items, or electing different representatives. When I end up with less of a tax bill that isn't money being given to me from the government.

If you're standing there with your hand out expecting others to pay your way you sure as hell are.

No, I don't agree with you. You said "all of the dollars you work for are not "yours." That is a false statement. All of the money I work for IS mine. I can choose to pay less taxes by living somewhere else, buying certain items, or electing different representatives. When I end up with less of a tax bill that isn't money being given to me from the government.

If you're standing there with your hand out expecting others to pay your way you sure as hell are.

I'm not standing anywhere with my hand out expecting you to pay my way, so sit the fuck down.

And until you pay 0% taxes, it's a FACT, all money you work for is NOT all yours. You may not like the way that sounds, but it's true and it's not disputible. Just because you think it sounds prettier to say "mine mine mine," doesn't change the fact that Society isn't free of cost and that it's false. You like to deal in facts, the fact is, taxes aren't 0%.

Not for most, anyways.

Unfortunately for you and your failed ideology, it is a fact. When JFK cut taxes, federal revenue increased. When Ronald Reagan cut taxes federal revenue increased. And when George Bush cut taxes federal revenue increased.

You can sit there and lie to yourself all day that none of this happened if you want. That would be the only way for you to continue to believe in your failed Marxist ideology because Marxism has no basis in reality, but it's your ignorance, not mine.

Unfortunately for you and your failed ideology, it is a fact. When JFK cut taxes, federal revenue increased. When Ronald Reagan cut taxes federal revenue increased. And when George Bush cut taxes federal revenue increased.

You can sit there and lie to yourself all day that none of this happened if you want. That would be the only way for you to continue to believe in your failed Marxist ideology because Marxism has no basis in reality, but it's your ignorance, not mine.

:lol: My failed ideaology?

Tell me more about me, bloviator.

I really don't see anything positive that came from it

It kept money in my pocket. Only an imbecile would think that's not a good thing.

1. More money for me: Good
  2. More money for moochers, tics, and parasites: Bad

Watching Stossel's 'Freeloaders' special on Fox News right now. Excellent show. Sums up most Hopey Changey numbnuts in this country. They really do believe they're entitled to someone else's Income just because they're miserable Losers. It's a flawed ignorant mentality. But the Democrats have promoted this mentality for many many years. It is very sad but it is what it is.

I really don't see anything positive that came from it

Assured that wages would become stagnant, among other things. I find cons walk away from a thread whenever I post this analysis, based on 2008 IRS tables.

tax.com: So How Did the Bush Tax Cuts Work Out for the Economy?

That assumes his claims about income are correct. he provides no supporting evidence. furthermore, it's based on the premise that "if income had remained at 2000 levels." and that tax cuts caused a decline in income. He ignores the tech bubble that collapsed at the end of the Clinton Administration and also the economic income of 9/11.

Only a scumbag would ignore these other factors.

He's a quack and a political hack.

I look at it like this. You'll know DC is serious about the deficit and debt when you see Republicans talking about tax raises and Democrats talking about hurtful cuts to social programs.

It's going to be interesting to see how Obama plays-off to his base why he extended the Bush rates. That's in the same column as Gitmo.

Wrong. Anyone who claims tax increases will solve the deficit problem is either an idiot or a scumbag. If we taxed the rich at 100%, it still wouldn't eliminate the deficit.

We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem. No conceivable amount of revenue could ever pay for all the promises that DimoRAT politicians make.

Forum List

Back