Bernie wants a $7.20 minimum wage

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
But won't tell his brain dead supporters how.

So let me help.

Bernie wants a mandatory minimum wage of $15/hour

Ok, sounds great right?!

$15 x 40 hours/week = $600

$600 x 52 weeks per year = $31,200

Bernie wants free health care for all and was asked how he would pay for it, to which he said he would raise taxes 52% on everyone making over $29,000/year.

52% of 31,200 = $16,224 in tax

$31,200 - $16224 = $14,976 in pay per year

$14,976 divided by 52 weeks = $288 per week

$288 divided by 40 hours = $7.20 per hour

So there you have it. Bernie wants to reduce the minimum wage down to $7.20 per hour.

Unfortunately, most Americans can't do math. All they do know is, Orange Man is bad.

So easily duped you are.

Did Sanders Propose Raising Taxes to 52% on Incomes Over $29,000?

The thing is, you knew this had been debunked but still felt like you have to post it.

But lets argue it was true. It's a heck of a deal. Minimum wage now is $7.25. So in this scenario people would get $7.20 but also get health care. That's a really good deal.

According to your article, assuming it is true because Snopes is a far left source:

BUTTIGIEG: [Sanders] was a congressman at the time. And the qualities I admired then are qualities I still respect a great deal. I never said that I agree with every part of his policy views, then or now. But I appreciate that at least he’s straightforward and honest about them. He’s honest about the fact that taxes will go up on anybody making more than $29,000 to fund his health care plan, although, again, a little bit vague about how the rest of that gets …

SANDERS: You’re not being honest. Premiums would be eliminated.

BUTTIGIEG: But you’re still raising those taxes. And when you do it…

SANDERS: But we’re saving people money because they don’t pay any premiums, out-of-pocket expenses, co-payments, or deductibles. They’re going to be much better off. [applause]

BUTTIGIEG: But where is — where is the other $25 trillion supposed to come from? At a certain point, you’ve got to do the math.

SANDERS: Well, we got it all up there on the internet. It’s a payroll tax — a payroll tax…

[crosstalk]

BUTTIGIEG: Well, no, but even after the payroll tax, you still have a hole.

[crosstalk]

SANDERS: Because we have a wealth tax. Elizabeth [Warren] has a good one. Ours is a little bit tougher on Mr. Bloomberg than hers. We’re going to raise it in a progressive way, which deals with income and wealth inequality, and makes certain, finally, that health care in this country is a human right, not a privilege.

So Sanders is going to pay for all this from the "rich"? The combined wealth of Billionaires is only $2.4 trillion and could only fund the US federal government about half a year.

So easily duped you are.

The thing is, you knew this had been debunked but still felt like you have to post it.

But lets argue it was true. It's a heck of a deal. Minimum wage now is $7.25. So in this scenario people would get $7.20 but also get health care. That's a really good deal.

Relies on Snopes for the truth. Does his research on Wikipedia. No skin left on the knees either.

So easily duped you are.

According to your article, assuming it is true because Snopes is a far left source:

BUTTIGIEG: [Sanders] was a congressman at the time. And the qualities I admired then are qualities I still respect a great deal. I never said that I agree with every part of his policy views, then or now. But I appreciate that at least he’s straightforward and honest about them. He’s honest about the fact that taxes will go up on anybody making more than $29,000 to fund his health care plan, although, again, a little bit vague about how the rest of that gets …

SANDERS: But we’re saving people money because they don’t pay any premiums, out-of-pocket expenses, co-payments, or deductibles. They’re going to be much better off. [applause]

BUTTIGIEG: But where is — where is the other $25 trillion supposed to come from? At a certain point, you’ve got to do the math.

SANDERS: Well, we got it all up there on the internet. It’s a payroll tax — a payroll tax…

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

SANDERS: Because we have a wealth tax. Elizabeth [Warren] has a good one. Ours is a little bit tougher on Mr. Bloomberg than hers. We’re going to raise it in a progressive way, which deals with income and wealth inequality, and makes certain, finally, that health care in this country is a human right, not a privilege.

So Sanders is going to pay for all this from the "rich"? The combined wealth of Billionaires is only $2.4 trillion and could only fund the US federal government about half a year.
Sanders and The Democrats are out to Bankrupt America.

You cannot extract $200 Trillion of Government Spending out of just a $20 Trillion Economy.

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

Let's say that is true. That is not the claim being made. We give the super rich billions of dollars from the Fed. That should indeed be shared.

So easily duped you are.

Relies on Snopes for the truth. Does his research on Wikipedia. No skin left on the knees either.

The truth is the truth. He never said this. But as I said, even if he did (which he didn't) it would be a great deal.

So let me help.

Ok, sounds great right?!

Bernie wants free health care for all and was asked how he would pay for it, to which he said he would raise taxes 52% on everyone making over $29,000/year.

So there you have it. Bernie wants to reduce the minimum wage down to $7.20 per hour.

Unfortunately, most Americans can't do math. All they do know is, Orange Man is bad.

That's not how you would calculate the amount of impact a tax increase of 52% on someone making over $29,000.....

First off to calculate what an increase of 52% would be in actual percentage terms would mean you need to know that persons current effective tax rate, for the sake of keeping it simple let's say that someone making $31,200 per year has a current effective income tax rate of 10% an increase of 52% to that would mean an increase to 15.2%, which means that:

instead of having a $3,120 federal tax bill , they'd have a bill of $4,742.4, or a increase of $1,622.4 per year, which works out to $1,622.4/(40 * 52 hours) = $0.78 per hour

Of course there would be all sorts of variance from the above depending on deductions, marital status, etc..

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

Sanders and The Democrats are out to Bankrupt America.

You cannot extract $200 Trillion of Government Spending out of just a $20 Trillion Economy.

Sanders explains how he will pay for things. How is Trump's growing debt sitting with you?

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

Let's say that is true. That is not the claim being made. We give the super rich billions of dollars from the Fed. That should indeed be shared.
No, as the post stated before this one said, the economy is simply not big enough to pay for it all, which means printing more money.

Are you OK with that?

But the issue is Sanders is not addressing this and instead pretends he can pay for it, which is an obvious lie much like Obama lying about Obamacare on how it would cost everyone less and could keep your same health plan and doctor, etc.

Then the devaluation of the dollar kicks in even more which means an erosion of the wealth of everyone.

In fact, Progressivism is based upon lies and without them would go belly up tomorrow.

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

No, as the post before the economy is simply not big enough to pay for it all, which means printing more money.

Are you OK with that?

Why shouldn't I be? We do it for wars. Stop the wars and start funding health care.

When are you going to start paying for the wars?

But the issue is Sanders is not addressing this and instead pretends he can pay for it, which is an obvious lie much like Obama lying about Obamacare on how it would cost everyone less and could keep your same health plan and doctor, etc.

In fact, Progressivism is based upon lies and without them would go belly up tomorrow.

We pay for health care now. At the highest rate of any first world country. Address the costs and include everyone.

Your argument is one that goes like this........every other first world country and some third world countries can provide universal health care but the "greatest" country in the world can not.

I completely dismiss that argument.

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

No, as the post before the economy is simply not big enough to pay for it all, which means printing more money.

Are you OK with that?

Why shouldn't I be? We do it for wars. Stop the wars and start funding health care.

We pay for health care now. At the highest rate of any first world country. Address the costs and include everyone.

Your argument is one that goes like this........every other first world country and some third world countries can provide universal health care but the "greatest" country in the world can not.

I'm sure that in countries with free health care like Cuba and North Korea the costs are kept way down.

Do you want the government to ration health care like they do in those countries or in the US in the VA with the recent scandals in Arizona where the very sick were put on fake lists of being treated when they were not?

Once you give the government power over your health care nothing is promised to you and can change on a whim.

Here's Bernie's calculator. Bernie's tax plan

In my case the cost goes up $1500 annually. That's just the beginning, they'd soon find they're operating in the red.

The cost is progressive, so the more you make the more the effect. I guy earning a million goes upside down over 90K.

Bernie's plan would bury us, it's a pipe-dream.

So let me help.

Ok, sounds great right?!

American workers, who have been getting screwed by Republicans since Reagan, have voted for "change" for a generation, and all Republicans keep giving them is tax cuts for the wealthy, which they're told will "trickle down" to them. The American workers are finally saying to the Republican Party "Stopping pissing on us and telling us it's raining".

American workers aren't being screwed over by immigrants, by China or other third world countries. American workers are being screwed over by the Republican Party and their Billionaire donors, who have now set up the economy to take ALL of money workers earn for them, and leave you with no health care, inadequate income to provide food and housing, and a lifetime of debt in exchange for a college degree, so you have no hope of living as well as your parents.

The Billionaire Media owners of FOX News, keep distracting you with lies about the source of your problems, and tell you Republicans are your saviours. They want you to vote against social programs, health care, infrastructure or education - all things that will help YOU. They want you to vote for tax cuts for THEM.

So let me help.

Ok, sounds great right?!

That's not how you would calculate the amount of impact a tax increase of 52% on someone making over $29,000.....

First off to calculate what an increase of 52% would be in actual percentage terms would mean you need to know that persons current effective tax rate, for the sake of keeping it simple let's say that someone making $31,200 per year has a current effective income tax rate of 10% an increase of 52% to that would mean an increase to 15.2%, which means that:

instead of having a $3,120 federal tax bill , they'd have a bill of $4,742.4, or a increase of $1,622.4 per year, which works out to $1,622.4/(40 * 52 hours) = $0.78 per hour

Of course there would be all sorts of variance from the above depending on deductions, marital status, etc..

The real key is to look at the BERNARD supposed model...…..the NORDIC country's. I am not choosing them, HE DID!

Lower wage earners pay through the nose, and that is before the 25% vat tax is included, which brings it up to astronomical.

BERNARD can play his game, but when you take HIS model, the poor people n longer get money for free, they paying outlandishly.

They can decide, and I have no problem with that, as long as they understand the REAL difference.

So let me help.

Ok, sounds great right?!

$31,200 - $29,000 = $2,200 taxable income.

There you have it, Banana Republicans think Americans are as stupid as the Russians!

So easily duped you are.

Except that they really wouldn't get health care.
Ah, so it's like Don's campaign healthcare promises even though he had 2 years with majorities in both houses and did nothing with it to honor what his mouth spewed. I know, I was shocked myself at the reneging.

So easily duped you are.

[crosstalk]

[crosstalk]

Are you OK with that?

I'm sure that in countries with free health care like Cuba and North Korea the costs are kept way down.

As are costs in every other first world country but we should also note, many have pointed out that the best cancer treatment for Rush's type of cancer was developed in Cuba.

Do you want the government to ration health care like they do in those countries or in the US in the VA with the recent scandals in Arizona where the very sick were put on fake lists of being treated when they were not?

Once you give the government power over your health care nothing is promised to you and can change on a whim.

Same possibilities for giving it to the corporations.

'Longstanding scandal': Huge insulin price hikes worse than EpiPen's, experts say

Forum List

Back