Bernie Sanders: We Will Raise Taxes On Anyone Making Over $29,000 To Fund Government Health Care

This is exactly the same crap I hear from leftists when people push back against their regulatory ambitions. The purpose of government isn't to make other people do what you want. It's not there control "things happening we have no control over." It's there to protect your rights, your freedom. Not to force your preferences on others. Liberals don't get this. Neither do you.

I get it just fine. Companies should not be in a position to rip people off. That's why we have laws against it.

If you pay a roofer to rip off and replace your roof, and he rips off the roof but never replaces it, do you not turn to government to get your money back? Can you not sue the party for rain damage done to your home? Of course you can. But the idea that you can sue, do you consider that big government?

In my city, they check out anybody wanting to do work here. They do it for the protection of the citizens. They do what they can to make sure they are not con men out to get the people. You cannot do work in our city unless you are a professional in your field and bonded. Is that big government?

Government is there for more than to protect liberty and rights. It's to keep peace between the people as well. Otherwise I would be able to light that gas station on fire and nobody from the government could do anything to me because it has nothing to do with rights or liberty. I got ripped off, so my way to get back is to destroy the place.
When you apply that thinking to all goods and services produced, Yes,it is big government. Most government expenditures are done for good reason. The problem is we as taxpayers do not understand exactly how the money is being spent. We are asked to trust the government which most people today don't.

And there is good reason for that. Government uses our tax dollars for political advantage.

Every problem has a solution in my opinion, but in the US, those solutions can't be realized without getting politics involved. The border problem has a solution, but the Democrats won't allow it. Our healthcare problem has solutions, but actors on both sides would have to give up a little or a lot. Crime has a solution, but it would require tough measures and what some might consider inhumane treatment of prisoners. Everything has a solution.

Now when I say solution, I don't mean a total elimination of a problem. What I mean is a drastic reduction of the problem.
No, building a 40' concrete wall is not a solution.

Gun violence has a solution but you NRA fed Trumpettes won't allow it.

Using federal money to bribe foreign officials for personal gain is political.
Building a 40’ wall works. Ask the Israelis.

I did & they said only 3% is concrete.

Want to build a border wall? We can learn a lot from Israel

This is exactly the same crap I hear from leftists when people push back against their regulatory ambitions. The purpose of government isn't to make other people do what you want. It's not there control "things happening we have no control over." It's there to protect your rights, your freedom. Not to force your preferences on others. Liberals don't get this. Neither do you.

I get it just fine. Companies should not be in a position to rip people off. That's why we have laws against it.

If you pay a roofer to rip off and replace your roof, and he rips off the roof but never replaces it, do you not turn to government to get your money back? Can you not sue the party for rain damage done to your home? Of course you can. But the idea that you can sue, do you consider that big government?

In my city, they check out anybody wanting to do work here. They do it for the protection of the citizens. They do what they can to make sure they are not con men out to get the people. You cannot do work in our city unless you are a professional in your field and bonded. Is that big government?

Government is there for more than to protect liberty and rights. It's to keep peace between the people as well. Otherwise I would be able to light that gas station on fire and nobody from the government could do anything to me because it has nothing to do with rights or liberty. I got ripped off, so my way to get back is to destroy the place.
When you apply that thinking to all goods and services produced, Yes,it is big government. Most government expenditures are done for good reason. The problem is we as taxpayers do not understand exactly how the money is being spent. We are asked to trust the government which most people today don't.

And there is good reason for that. Government uses our tax dollars for political advantage.

Every problem has a solution in my opinion, but in the US, those solutions can't be realized without getting politics involved. The border problem has a solution, but the Democrats won't allow it. Our healthcare problem has solutions, but actors on both sides would have to give up a little or a lot. Crime has a solution, but it would require tough measures and what some might consider inhumane treatment of prisoners. Everything has a solution.

Now when I say solution, I don't mean a total elimination of a problem. What I mean is a drastic reduction of the problem.

Show me this personal gain. And if you come up with Biden being in the race, that's not personal gain because nobody knows if he'll be the nominee yet. You just let Democrats brainwash you into believing their BS.

Building a wall is part of the solution. Barriers have worked every place they've been tried here and around the globe. But Democrats are not smart enough to look at results of other places. They know the sheep will buy into any BS they are fed, and that's why you think a wall, fence or other barriers won't work. The reason the Democrats shut down the government for the longest period in our history over the wall is because it's not like policy they could change if ever in power again. Once the wall is up, it's there for good. But along with the wall we need to make being here illegally a felony, carrying a minimum of five years in prison for the first offense; minimum, as in the judge could sentence somebody up to ten years. Such a penalty will not only keep people out, it would get people who are here illegally out as well. Self deportation.

Gun violence does not have a solution. And disarming the public is the dumbest idea of all. That's why Democrats thought of it.
Why is Trump campaigning against Biden?

Why do I ask? You said there was no reasonable way to fund this. If we do not have to actually fund other programs, why do we have to fund this?

We don't have to fund anything. That's what voting is for. But you are talking about a multi-trillion dollar new social program compared to a 10 billion dollar program that is not only temporary, but may be an investment for the country.

Odd, earlier you said social programs never end. Now you are arguing the one you support might.

Which is it?

Farm subsidies are a never ending social program? I don't recall Trump making claim that this funding was permanent. What he is doing is helping farmers through this process. Hardly what I would consider a social program.
Trump's trade war is hurting & bankrupting farmers. He is using tax money to help farmers because he needs their vote.

We are in a trade war and Trump is trying to make sure to minimize the damage on our side. Like I said, temporary aid as something will have to break. I don't like trade wars, but I also don't like our country being taken advantage of either.
Trade negotiations can happen without killing our farmers,. Trump thought he could bully China with tariffs. Thren he was shocked China retaliated.

You should petition Nancy to fund it since that’s what you claim to believe.

We don't have to fund anything. That's what voting is for. But you are talking about a multi-trillion dollar new social program compared to a 10 billion dollar program that is not only temporary, but may be an investment for the country.

Odd, earlier you said social programs never end. Now you are arguing the one you support might.

Which is it?

Farm subsidies are a never ending social program? I don't recall Trump making claim that this funding was permanent. What he is doing is helping farmers through this process. Hardly what I would consider a social program.
Trump's trade war is hurting & bankrupting farmers. He is using tax money to help farmers because he needs their vote.

We are in a trade war and Trump is trying to make sure to minimize the damage on our side. Like I said, temporary aid as something will have to break. I don't like trade wars, but I also don't like our country being taken advantage of either.
Trade negotiations can happen without killing our farmers,. Trump thought he could bully China with tariffs. Thren he was shocked China retaliated.
Farmers are Trumps biggest supporters, they willingly take short term problems for long term gains. That’s the nature of farming. They also have shoveled enough shit to recognize it.

You should petition Nancy to fund it since that’s what you claim to believe.

Fences, not 40' concrete walls.

Again, the same excuses. It seems you agree with liberals more than you'd like to admit. They also want government running pretty much everything.

Which is it?

But only China. Most all others took a seat at the table. No, it can't happen without the tariffs because it takes two to Tango. If China says no, Trump could do what all the other Presidents have done and just shrug his shoulders and take it. That's how we got to the point with China that we are at now.

Again, the same excuses. It seems you agree with liberals more than you'd like to admit. They also want government running pretty much everything.

You call that government running everything? Then you have no idea what liberalism is all about. Liberals want government involved in personal choices and private matters. Yes, I would like to see government regulate businesses that don't care about destroying the engine in my car, and cost me money for repairs I never needed. That's not running everything, that''s a regulation that protects the consumer.

Which is it?

Farmers are Trumps biggest supporters, they willingly take short term problems for long term gains. That’s the nature of farming. They also have shoveled enough shit to recognize it.

Losing your farm is not short term. Farmers rather have Republican support to allow them to pollute & flood our food with pesticides because they still believe Trump will cut a deal. He just aid maybe not until after the election.

Show me this personal gain. And if you come up with Biden being in the race, that's not personal gain because nobody knows if he'll be the nominee yet. You just let Democrats brainwash you into believing their BS.

Building a wall is part of the solution. Barriers have worked every place they've been tried here and around the globe. But Democrats are not smart enough to look at results of other places. They know the sheep will buy into any BS they are fed, and that's why you think a wall, fence or other barriers won't work. The reason the Democrats shut down the government for the longest period in our history over the wall is because it's not like policy they could change if ever in power again. Once the wall is up, it's there for good. But along with the wall we need to make being here illegally a felony, carrying a minimum of five years in prison for the first offense; minimum, as in the judge could sentence somebody up to ten years. Such a penalty will not only keep people out, it would get people who are here illegally out as well. Self deportation.

Gun violence does not have a solution. And disarming the public is the dumbest idea of all. That's why Democrats thought of it.
Why is Trump campaigning against Biden?

He isn't. He makes fun of him now and then, but then again, that's not too hard to do. The last debate they had, Biden stood on the stage and swore he had the support from the only black female Senator. Problem was, he was standing right next to Harris when he made that statement.

Which is it?

But only China. Most all others took a seat at the table. No, it can't happen without the tariffs because it takes two to Tango. If China says no, Trump could do what all the other Presidents have done and just shrug his shoulders and take it. That's how we got to the point with China that we are at now.
Trump can't negotiate shit. His only approach is to try to bully. It is not working.

You call that government running everything?
Based on your other posts, yes. You seem to have no principled limits to what you want government in control of - other than your own personal preferences. ie you see government in fundamentally the same terms as liberals, as an all-purpose tool to force your will on society. Maybe I shouldn't be busting on you for it, you're no worse than them. But Republicans make a lot of noise (at least when they're not in power) about limited government. The hypocrisy gets ugly.

Last edited:

Based on your other posts, yes. You seem to have no principled limits to what you want government in control of - other than your own personal preferences. ie you see government in fundamentally the same terms as liberals, as a tool to force your will on society. Maybe I shouldn't be busting on you for it, you're no worse than them. But Republicans make a lot of noise (at least when they're not in power) about limited government. The hypocrisy gets ugly.

Wait a minute: you mean to say that when I buy a product that may destroy property of mine, expecting government to make sure that doesn't happen is me forcing somebody to do something?

How would you like if the restaurant you dined in all the time was found to have rats or roaches in the kitchen? How would you like if medication didn't come with literature of possible side effects like serious illness or death? When you buy food from a vendor, you expect it to be clean, don't you? Or is that forcing society to your way of thinking? When you are prescribed medication, you expect your doctor to tell you of possible serious side effects, or come with a pamphlet explaining those side effects, or is that forcing society to your way of thinking?

Trump can't negotiate shit. His only approach is to try to bully. It is not working.

It's not working yet. It could be a long war. We may win, and we may lose, but it's not going to go on forever.

Losing your farm is not short term. Farmers rather have Republican support to allow them to pollute & flood our food with pesticides because they still believe Trump will cut a deal. He just aid maybe not until after the election.
No farmer ever went out of business until 2017? Interesting.

Yeah, I farmed because I liked shooting the eagles.

Why do I ask? You said there was no reasonable way to fund this. If we do not have to actually fund other programs, why do we have to fund this?

Which is it?

I didn't ask you what Trump claimed. I asked you about what you claimed. And yes, farm subsidies seem to be never ending.

Why is it OK to not fund some programs but not others?

No, it's temporary until our trade issues are settled. Our economy is booming, and China has a lot of economic problems right now. It's just a matter of when they'll agree to Trump's terms.

If you don't have farm subsides, then don't get pissed when a head of lettuce costs ten bucks, or oranges are eight bucks a pound. Farm subsidies not only help farmers, but they help everybody from coast to coast.

If our economy was booming the Fed wouldn't be doing what it is doing. But I will once again note your support of Socialist government policies. In Capitalism, if oranges are eight dollars a pound, they are eight dollars a pound. No?

Which is it?

I didn't ask you what Trump claimed. I asked you about what you claimed. And yes, farm subsidies seem to be never ending.

No, it's temporary until our trade issues are settled. Our economy is booming, and China has a lot of economic problems right now. It's just a matter of when they'll agree to Trump's terms.

If you don't have farm subsides, then don't get pissed when a head of lettuce costs ten bucks, or oranges are eight bucks a pound. Farm subsidies not only help farmers, but they help everybody from coast to coast.

If our economy was booming the Fed wouldn't be doing what it is doing. But I will once again note your support of Socialist government policies. In Capitalism, if oranges are eight dollars a pound, they are eight dollars a pound. No?

Yes, and you'd be the first to complain about it too.

Which is it?

Yes, and you'd be the first to complain about it too.

So what? So what if complained? If you support something, are you not suppose to support it? If you support something, does it matter if others complain? No, it's that you and the majority of others who claim to support capitalism, do not actually support that.

Based on your other posts, yes. You seem to have no principled limits to what you want government in control of - other than your own personal preferences. ie you see government in fundamentally the same terms as liberals, as a tool to force your will on society. Maybe I shouldn't be busting on you for it, you're no worse than them. But Republicans make a lot of noise (at least when they're not in power) about limited government. The hypocrisy gets ugly.

Wait a minute: you mean to say that when I buy a product that may destroy property of mine, expecting government to make sure that doesn't happen is me forcing somebody to do something?

Are you actually using a Democrat's talking point list or something?

Of course government should go after businesses that commit fraud, or sell products that harm people. What's that go to do with mandating pricing policies? Nothing.

Forum List

Back