Bernie Sanders to introduce the dishonestly-named "Medicare for All" this week

Most jobs don't have unions, so you lose.

True. However, most full time, professional positions will never get filled if the employer doesn't offer decent benefits, including healthcare.

Not really. when times are tough, people fall all over themselves to get these jobs, no matter how crappy they are. Or did you just forget about the last four recessions?

And your employer pays the lion's share of that cost, right? You could not afford the plan on your own.

Yes they do. 80%. As a benefit of my employment negotiated between out Union of 10,000 employees and this company. Which is exactly how medical insurance should work.
There is zero good reason why employers should be involved in health insurance.

If they want to attract and retain the best employees, they can do that via qualified and non-qualified retirement benefits and incentives.

Getting health insurance through an employer, losing it if you leave, dealing with COBRA, having a waiting period if you start new benefits and not being able to leave your job because you can't afford the health insurance, all do nothing but complicate the issue.

The business world is far too competitive to force American business to bear this financial/administrative burden.

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. If you suck up early enough, maybe you can get one of the gulags named after you.

Yes, yes, every government program that you dont take immediate advantage of is a Stalinist Plot to control your life.

Do you know why I have absolutely no respect for Libertarians? Because you all want the benefits of living in a modern, civilized society, but none of the obligations.

You aren't all off living in a shack like the fuckin' Unabomber, you are living in nice societies with clean water and sanitation and law enforcement and public services.

That's exactly the sort of thing I'm talking about. If you suck up early enough, maybe you can get one of the gulags named after you.

Yes, yes, every government program that you dont take immediate advantage of is a Stalinist Plot to control your life.

You're the one eager to define other viewpoints as mental illness. In fact, you prove my point with nearly everything you post. But you won't get pats on the head for all your booklicking. You'll be in the same boat as the rest of us.

You're the one eager to define other viewpoints as mental illness. In fact, you prove my point with nearly everything you post. But you won't get pats on the head for all your booklicking. You'll be in the same boat as the rest of us.

Yeah, buddy, you keep telling yourself that taking health care away from Greedy insurance companies and giving it back to the people is a "Stalinist Plot".

Sorry, Libertarians are crazy.

How Crazy.

No country has ever established a "Libertarian Government". (And no, the US before Lincoln doesn't count, it had slavery).

Yeah, buddy, you keep telling yourself that taking health care away from Greedy insurance companies and giving it back to the people is a "Stalinist Plot".

It's really not Stalinist as much as corporatist. But I suppose the distinction is lost on you.

Anyway - the "giving it back to the people" is your conceit. Corporatist government isn't "the people". It's just an even more centralized way to control our health care.

It's really not Stalinist as much as corporatist. But I suppose the distinction is lost on you.

Anyway - the "giving it back to the people" is your conceit. Corporatist government isn't "the people". It's just an even more centralized way to control our health care.

So what? You now what happens when Medicare gives granny a hard time about her payments? You call your Congressman, and they light a fire under their asses.

You know what happens when Cigna give you a hard time about your payments? You're basically fucked.

So what? You now what happens when Medicare gives granny a hard time about her payments? You call your Congressman, and they light a fire under their asses.

Riiight. I just have to get in line behind the lobbyists (lobbyists for the insurance companies behind Medicare). Cool story, bro!

You know what happens when Cigna give you a hard time about your payments? You're basically fucked.

No, I'd either make the payments or find another way to pay for my health care.

Riiight. I just have to get in line behind the lobbyists. Cool story, bro!

You know what, when I left the Army in 1992, I had an issue with them regarding pay, and one call to my Congressman got that shit cleared right up.

Last thing any bureaucrat wants to hear is "Mrs. Jones Congressman called about her case."

No, I'd make the payments. Or I find another way to pay for my health care.

Again, why should you have to AFTER Cigna took your money? That's all kinds of fucked up.

Riiight. I just have to get in line behind the lobbyists. Cool story, bro!

You know what, when I left the Army in 1992, I had an issue with them regarding pay, and one call to my Congressman got that shit cleared right up.

Last thing any bureaucrat wants to hear is "Mrs. Jones Congressman called about her case."

You've been watching too much TV

No, I'd make the payments. Or I find another way to pay for my health care.

Again, why should you have to AFTER Cigna took your money? That's all kinds of fucked up.

Well, yeah. Insurance is mostly a scam, which is why I have as little as I can afford in the first place.

Forum List

Back