Bernie Sanders says that Republican John James lost because Democrats are racist.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
At least, that is what he sort of said. Bernie Sanders: Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abrams lost because a lot of white people aren't comfortable voting for black candidates

You see, a lot of Whites are just not comfortable voting for a Black Candidate. Which totally explains how Debbie Stabenow won re-election against John James, the Republican Candidate for the Senate in Michigan.

1AC40DEC-0453-48E5-B08A-D48DE9E66763.jpeg

As you can see, many of the Whites were apparently unwilling to vote for him as a candidate, they were comfortable voting for the White Candidate, Debbie Stabenow. Does this mean that Debbie won because of Racism?

I’ve talked to more than a few folks in Georgia, and those who were voting against Abrams were doing so primarily because she was a Liberal who wanted Gun Control and a ban on Semi-Automatic rifles. So it was her political position, not her color, or gender, that drove voters away.

It’s a shame that White People in Michigan felt they had to vote for the Democrat because of their racist attitudes. It’s a shame that we can’t vote for candidates on the issues. I said before, my big reason for voting against Abrams was her position on the Second Amendment. I can not vote for a candidate that would attack Civil Rights, and promises to do so in the campaign.

Interesting how your title says something completely different than your OP, with the attempted buffer of the phrase "sort of".

I dooooooooooooon't think English works that way.

Matter of fact your own link directly contradicts what you just said. And I quote:
“I think you know there are a lot of white folks out there who are not necessarily racist who felt uncomfortable for the first time in their lives about whether or not they wanted to vote for an African-American”

Your own link. Why did you lie and then provide a link that directly proves you did?

Maybe your planet works differently but on this one you don't have to be a "Democrat" to vote. In fact most people aren't.

Last edited:

Interesting how your title says something completely different than your OP, with the attempted buffer of the phrase "sort of".

Maybe your planet works differently but on this one you don't have to be a "Democrat" to vote. In fact most people aren't.
He just slipped the "sort of" in there, because he knows his nutter buddies more than likely wouldn't read past the subject title anyway.

Matter of fact your own link directly contradicts what you just said. And I quote:
“I think you know there are a lot of white folks out there who are not necessarily racist who felt uncomfortable for the first time in their lives about whether or not they wanted to vote for an African-American”

Your own link. Why did you lie and then provide a link that directly proves you did?

If the White People are “uncomfortable” voting for a Democrat who is black, the same would thus be true about a Republican who is black wouldn’t it?

Michigan Election Results 2018: Midterm Results & Polls

45% of the Whites voted for Stabenow. That means they must have had a reason. Now, if Bernie says that one of the reasons, the first one he mentioned regarding the Election Day choices of the voters, is racism, then wouldn’t that reason also apply to anyone who voted for a white over a black?

If the White People are “uncomfortable” voting for a Democrat who is black, the same would thus be true about a Republican who is black wouldn’t it?

Correct.

Michigan Election Results 2018: Midterm Results & Polls

45% of the Whites voted for Stabenow. That means they must have had a reason. Now, if Bernie says that one of the reasons, the first one he mentioned regarding the Election Day choices of the voters, is racism, then wouldn’t that reason also apply to anyone who voted for a white over a black?

You need to go learn how to read because he DIDN'T say that --- in fact he said the opposite. And again --- I got that from your own link. The one YOU posted. That means you saw it before I did and still got it backward.

Than how about next time not wasting our fucking time and don't put in the thread title what he 'sort of said'?

Here is a novel idea? How about the next time you create a thread, you put in the title what the person in question ACTUALLY said?

10029-face-with-rolling-eyes-icon.png

He shoulda just prefaced the whole thing with "I wish he had said that...."

Forum List

Back