It's Saturday nite again

edward37

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2017
Trump’s Nixon Reboot

President Donald Trump hasn’t pulled a Saturday Night Massacre yet, but give him time — it’s only Thursday.

Trump yesterday finally put his longtime target of florid abuse, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, out of his misery. Sessions’s original sin was recusing himself from oversight of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 election. And Trump has temporarily replaced him with Matthew Whitaker, who has made a side career out of criticizing Mueller. You can see where this is going. It all has a Nixon-on-Saturday-night feel to it, writes Jonathan Bernstein. He warns Trump to heed the warning of Tricky Dick, whose standing among Republicans crumbled quickly after he fired a bunch of AGs until he found one who would fire his own special prosecutor.

But Trump has long shown he will choose survival over doing what most of the rest of us would consider the “right thing,” writes Tim O’Brien. That almost certainly will include doing away with the Mueller probe. As Jonathan Bernstein put it in a separate column about Trump’s unhinged post-election news conference, the president doesn’t seem to realize that “threatening to damage the nation in order to protect himself and his administration from oversight is inexcusable.” It’s yet more evidence, Jonathan writes, that Trump is not fit to hold his office.

Advice for Dems
The Democrats are in charge of the House of Representatives now — or, as Stephen Colbert put it on Tuesday night, one-half of one of the three branches of government. Still, the Dems can do some constructive things with this toehold of power (beyond the House’s important oversight role; more on that below). At the very least, they can push for their economic priorities, which could even attract some Republican support. Four of Bloomberg Opinion’s top economic minds — Stephanie Kelton, Karl W. Smith, Noah Smith and Michael R. Strain — lay out their ideas for what the Dems should prioritize. Spoiler alert: There’s not much consensus, though only one of the four thinks Dems should make the deficit their top priority.

In a separate column, Noah Smith writes Dems should not be shy about the policies they propose. These could include universal health care, immigration reform and a carbon tax, for starters. Would most Republicans or Trump go along? Almost certainly not! But trying could “help inspire the country with the promise of real solutions and a better tomorrow,” Noah writes.

A very nice left wing group of opinions.
My opinion is that the dems will not cross the isle to get actual legislation done.
My opinion is that investigations and hearings will rule the next two years in the House.

They have no plan...They have no policy chops...They haven't had a new idea in at least a century....Nobody likes them.

All they can do is try to relive the Nixon days.

Please, do it...Roll out the investigation machine and keep failing...Worked out so well for the republicans in the late `1990s.

My opinion is that the dems will not cross the isle to get actual legislation done.
My opinion is that investigations and hearings will rule the next two years in the House.
I'd love to see bi partisanship but trumps my way or the highway and how he mocks people make that difficult

I'd love to see bi partisanship but trumps my way or the highway and how he mocks people make that difficult
It was the same way in the last administration. Wasn't it Obama who said that elections have consequences?
Obama never bent.

You must have been in a coma the previous eight years.

It was the same way in the last administration. Wasn't it Obama who said that elections have consequences?
Obama never bent.
Surely you remember what McConnell said ??? Was that supposed to make Obama look for Bi partisanship?

Obama never bent.
Surely you remember what McConnell said ??? Was that supposed to make Obama look for Bi partisanship?
Ed, we can go back and forth on this. The democrats never wanted Trump to succeed, this is the state of our politicians.
Blame Trump, but blame the liberals also.

Obama never bent.
Ed, we can go back and forth on this. The democrats never wanted Trump to succeed, this is the state of our politicians.
Blame Trump, but blame the liberals also.
President Obama, interview on CBS’ “60 Minutes,” recorded on Sept. 12, 2012, and aired on Sept. 23

“It was no surprise, because the senator from Kentucky, who just spoke, announced at the beginning, four years ago, exactly what his strategy would be. He said, his number-one goal was to make sure that Barack Obama was a one-term president.”

— Sen. Richard Durbin (D-Ill.), on the Senate floor, Sept. 21, 2012

“Ed Rendell, who has criticized the president (objecting, for example, to the Obama campaign's attack on private equity), also argues that Obama has been constrained by an unprecedented obduracy in his Republican opposition. ‘I can't ever recall a newly elected president being faced with the leader of the other party's caucus saying “Our No. 1 priority is to make this president a one-term president,”’ says Rendell, citing the remark made by Mitch McConnell, the Senate minority leader, that exemplified the fierce partisanship that has attended Obama's tenure. ‘That McConnell would say that in the first nine months of Barack Obama's tenure is absolutely stunning, disgraceful, disgusting — you name the term.’”

— Peter J. Boyer, writing in Newsweek, Sept. 10, 2012

Trump’s Nixon Reboot

President Donald Trump hasn’t pulled a Saturday Night Massacre yet, but give him time — it’s only Thursday.

Trump yesterday finally put his longtime target of florid abuse, Attorney General Jeff Sessions, out of his misery. Sessions’s original sin was recusing himself from oversight of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe of Russian meddling in the 2016 election. And Trump has temporarily replaced him with Matthew Whitaker, who has made a side career out of criticizing Mueller. You can see where this is going. It all has a Nixon-on-Saturday-night feel to it, writes Jonathan Bernstein. He warns Trump to heed the warning of Tricky Dick, whose standing among Republicans crumbled quickly after he fired a bunch of AGs until he found one who would fire his own special prosecutor.

But Trump has long shown he will choose survival over doing what most of the rest of us would consider the “right thing,” writes Tim O’Brien. That almost certainly will include doing away with the Mueller probe. As Jonathan Bernstein put it in a separate column about Trump’s unhinged post-election news conference, the president doesn’t seem to realize that “threatening to damage the nation in order to protect himself and his administration from oversight is inexcusable.” It’s yet more evidence, Jonathan writes, that Trump is not fit to hold his office.

Advice for Dems
The Democrats are in charge of the House of Representatives now — or, as Stephen Colbert put it on Tuesday night, one-half of one of the three branches of government. Still, the Dems can do some constructive things with this toehold of power (beyond the House’s important oversight role; more on that below). At the very least, they can push for their economic priorities, which could even attract some Republican support. Four of Bloomberg Opinion’s top economic minds — Stephanie Kelton, Karl W. Smith, Noah Smith and Michael R. Strain — lay out their ideas for what the Dems should prioritize. Spoiler alert: There’s not much consensus, though only one of the four thinks Dems should make the deficit their top priority.

In a separate column, Noah Smith writes Dems should not be shy about the policies they propose. These could include universal health care, immigration reform and a carbon tax, for starters. Would most Republicans or Trump go along? Almost certainly not! But trying could “help inspire the country with the promise of real solutions and a better tomorrow,” Noah writes.
Sessions’s original sin was recusing himself from oversight

Joy Behar Says That Jeff Sessions Must Be Racist If Even Strom Thurmond Was ‘Against Him’
Joy Behar Says That Jeff Sessions Must Be Racist If Even Strom Thurmond Was ‘Against Him’
How easy you fuckers forget the past, and then when President Trump tries to rectify(than means fix) the situation, all of a sudden, it is poor ole racist Sessions, that you feel pity for. So since you like Jeff, then you also must be a racist pig...Bwaaaahhhhaaaahhaaaaa...God you guys are too stupid.

Who said the repubs can come along for the ride but have to sit in the back?

Hint: The same moron who said elections have consequences

Now sit down with your crap

After what double chin said I'd have said worse Now you shut t f up you partisan F with no brains

O told the Rs to go to the back of the bus. Boo hoo.

After what double chin said I'd have said worse Now you shut t f up you partisan F with no brains

Awww does facts dismantle your BS?

GFY faux trader

GFY faux trader
Go embrace your moron master and I'm not a trader you fn idiot I buy and hold

OMG Edward did the Democrats give Donald Trump even ONE DAY of bi partisan behavior? Let me answer that. No. They have been on a runaway train of Impeach Trump before he even took office.

OMG Edward did the Democrats give Donald Trump even ONE DAY of bi partisan behavior? Let me answer that. No. They have been on a runaway train of Impeach Trump before he even took office.
Did you hear that SOB bash hillary ,obama? and even his own party Lying Ted?

I say impeach,,,
On Tuesday, voters across the country demanded accountability in government, insisting their elected representatives not just talk a good game but act in the interests of the American people.

Nationwide, Democrats received 7 percent more votes than Republicans — about three million — in an election that saw a higher percentage of voters than any midterm since 1966. Those voters flipped seven governorships and 367 state legislative seats to Democrats, giving them majorities in seven more state chambers. Most important, voters ended Donald Trump and his Republican enablers’ free rein in Washington by flipping the House.

But this blue wave should have been even bigger. Democrats’ inability to run the table on a Republican Party that depended on lying, race-baiting and suppressing the vote is a sign that the American people do not know what the Democratic Party stands for. We Democrats can begin to answer that question by acting to guarantee equal justice under the law.

As President Trump continues to accelerate his lawlessness, the new Democratic House majority must initiate impeachment proceedings against him as soon as it takes office in January.

GFY faux trader
Bwaaaaaahhhaaaaaaa. The liberals at Tucker Carlson house were yelling, for open borders and death to the United States. Yeah, you aren't a "TRADER", but you sure are a stupid TRAITOR.....and he called sassy an idiot...go figure...

I say impeach,,,
On Tuesday, voters across the country demanded accountability in government, insisting their elected representatives not just talk a good game but act in the interests of the American people.

Nationwide, Democrats received 7 percent more votes than Republicans — about three million — in an election that saw a higher percentage of voters than any midterm since 1966. Those voters flipped seven governorships and 367 state legislative seats to Democrats, giving them majorities in seven more state chambers. Most important, voters ended Donald Trump and his Republican enablers’ free rein in Washington by flipping the House.

But this blue wave should have been even bigger. Democrats’ inability to run the table on a Republican Party that depended on lying, race-baiting and suppressing the vote is a sign that the American people do not know what the Democratic Party stands for. We Democrats can begin to answer that question by acting to guarantee equal justice under the law.

As President Trump continues to accelerate his lawlessness, the new Democratic House majority must initiate impeachment proceedings against him as soon as it takes office in January.
Please call for impeachment, push hard up to the 2020 elections, see how many Congressional Seats flip back to Republicans, and a Senate Super Majority and still President Trump. Then we get to see this

then we will see this.

Forum List

Back