Berkeley Riots

The Entitlement State of California regrets to inform you that there is a limit to entitlements. Yeah, we know, it sucks. Not to worry, we are going to legalize everything and then tax the hell out of it.

YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

A Berkeley education just isn't what it used to be...

liberal values ain't working out for them huh? burn the place down. I thought all liberals loved to pay taxes and help their fellows get a good education??? color me surprised.. not!

why would you want to burn down the most important colleges in the country? get rid of the liberals arts program (which I think should be done at all colleges), but getting rid of their EE and CS programs would just be plain stupidity.

They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

liberal values ain't working out for them huh? burn the place down. I thought all liberals loved to pay taxes and help their fellows get a good education??? color me surprised.. not!

why would you want to burn down the most important colleges in the country? get rid of the liberals arts program (which I think should be done at all colleges), but getting rid of their EE and CS programs would just be plain stupidity.

I missed that...So Willow wants to burn our colleges down, eh?

I'm not surprised.

Idiots.

Prices are going up all over for everything. Do they honestly think tuition for college ain't going up?? Jeeze.

I went to Berkeley - the fees have gone up astronomically in the past couple of decades. It's very difficult to discern anything the students have received for the fee increases other than more administrators, higher pay for unionized university staff, and bigger pensions for the staff.

The undergrad classes are still taught mostly by grad students. Many professors spend very little time in the classroom.

Oh wait! They're building a new sports facility near Memorial Stadium now that the tree sitters have been evicted.

I don't see how their strike will do anything other than waste the money they paid for this semester cause them to pay more if they don't pass the classes in which they are currently enrolled.

That piece of paper allows them to look down their noses at those who don't have that piece of paper.

Most decent jobs require that piece of paper...

To even get an interview for such jobs requires that piece of paper.

if you are in the engineering or science field, its almost impossible to teach yourself waht you learn in classes. the cost of equipment for labs and other materials is way too much for hte average, yet to be decently employed person

if you are in the engineering or science field, its almost impossible to teach yourself waht you learn in classes. the cost of equipment for labs and other materials is way too much for hte average, yet to be decently employed person

But that's exactly it. Cons believe if you aren't from a wealthy family, you don't deserve an education, heatlthcare, etc. Only rich people should have the opportunity to better themselves and be healthy - so they can make themselves even richer. Because we want 1% of our citezens to own 99% of the wealth. Yep. It'll be a glorious country then. We, the 99%, are disposable anyway, dontcha know?

But that's exactly it. Cons believe if you aren't from a wealthy family, you don't deserve an education, heatlthcare, etc. Only rich people should have the opportunity to better themselves and be healthy - so they can make themselves even richer. Because we want 1% of our citezens to own 99% of the wealth. Yep. It'll be a glorious country then. We, the 99%, are disposable anyway, dontcha know?

That is absolute tripe.

Conservative (the mainstream fiscal type), would like the U.S. to have a vibrant economy unencumbered by Government Cronyism in which goods and services are made affordable via competitive forces.

Fees for Berkeley have increased from less than $700/year 30 yeras ago to more than $10,000 now. What accounts for that extreme inflation? The fee increases have gone to pay off public employee unions, for the most part. Who did that?

I think this funny, because if you are an in state student, UC is cheap.

It is much cheaper than a private university - but much more expensive than per capita inflation would dictate.

Well we had to get economic growth somehow.

I was going to post something close to yours, Willow.
This IS what they have been fighting for.....liberalism....higher taxes.....higher tuition.
Just what did they expect? All the above to happen to the other person?
They may want to just get used to it.

No,.... Liberalism, higher taxes, and using the higher taxes to have someone else pay for their tuition so that can have multiple degrees in interpretive dance, 3000 year old dead languages, and poetry

:lol: Maybe that degree in Aramaic can get them a job as a Wal-Mart greeter...:lol:

Forum List

Back