Berkeley Riots

YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

A Berkeley education just isn't what it used to be...

I think this funny, because if you are an in state student, UC is cheap.

It is much cheaper than a private university - but much more expensive than per capita inflation would dictate.

It is cheap to go to college in California, compared to many other states.
I am not saying it shouldn't be, but I just don't feel bad for the students, when it cost the same to go to EWU here. EWU is a smaller state school, and doesn't have the programs UCB does.

I think this funny, because if you are an in state student, UC is cheap.

It is much cheaper than a private university - but much more expensive than per capita inflation would dictate.

I am not saying it shouldn't be, but I just don't feel bad for the students, when it cost the same to go to EWU here. EWU is a smaller state school, and doesn't have the programs UCB does.
UC Berkeley costs $10,000 per year, after the tuition hike.

My alma mater currently costs $52,000 per year. They can cry me a fucking river.

Here's one of the problems with the programs at UCB: there aren't enough classes in the ones which result in a marketable degree. In order to support "diversity" - i.e., the insanely wasteful ethnic and gender studies crap, popular programs such as business max out on enrollment, leaving students desperate for credit elsewhere. They are "counselled" into uneconomically viable classes, often financed by student loans for which, post grad, they will not have the income to service.

It's a con.

UC Berkeley costs $10,000 per year, after the tuition hike.

My alma mater currently costs $52,000 per year. They can cry me a fucking river.

My friend went there for a year after spending about 34,000 a year at Pratt in Brooklyn, of course she had to live in Oakland for a year before starting.
I just looked it up ( I should of copy and pasted it, sorry), but there is not much difference in the tuition when comparing EWU and UCB, both were around 16 -17,000 a year with everything.

Shit....I thought they would be rioting over John Yoo becoming a professor at their university and him getting off SCOT FREE over the non existent torture that he insured was LEGAL to use on the terrorists!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Justice has many faces.

Here's one of the problems with the programs at UCB: there aren't enough classes in the ones which result in a marketable degree. In order to support "diversity" - i.e., the insanely wasteful ethnic and gender studies crap, popular programs such as business max out on enrollment, leaving students desperate for credit elsewhere. They are "counselled" into uneconomically viable classes, often financed by student loans for which, post grad, they will not have the income to service.

It's a con.

I think I would rather pay the same price to go to UCB than EWU.

And I am not saying I don't have a problem with this, college tuition has got out of hand in this country. Also the school I have been going to raised it's tuition this year while cutting classes and teachers, but has money to build two new buildings, and remodel one.

And I am not saying I don't have a problem with this, college tuition has got out of hand in this country. Also the school I have been going to raised it's tuition this year while cutting classes and teachers, but has money to build two new buildings, and remodel one.

Then you'd feel right at home at UCB. They've been doing the same thing.

:)

Then you'd feel right at home at UCB. They've been doing the same thing.

:)

And I should add they had record enrollment!

It's a con.

Well, Berkeley DID just build a brand new stadium for their football team.

Of course they did!

WSU which raised tuition this year, is due to start rebuilding their stadium. ( The football team sucks)
And UW wanted the whole state to pay for the rebuilding of their's.

if you are in the engineering or science field, its almost impossible to teach yourself waht you learn in classes. the cost of equipment for labs and other materials is way too much for hte average, yet to be decently employed person

But that's exactly it. Cons believe if you aren't from a wealthy family, you don't deserve an education, heatlthcare, etc. Only rich people should have the opportunity to better themselves and be healthy - so they can make themselves even richer. Because we want 1% of our citezens to own 99% of the wealth. Yep. It'll be a glorious country then. We, the 99%, are disposable anyway, dontcha know?

Nonsense. We embrace learning for the sake of learning, not just to advance our carreer. Hence, simply because someone has a degree doesnt mean they are educated or simply because someone doesnt have a degree doesnt mean they are uneducated.

I had to earn my education by two tours, and then I see this crap. These people writing "greed" in permanent marker on the American flag in one of the photos I saw. I am sure they are first in line to go help with the Haiti relief or Chile relief efforts.

Want to know what greed is Mr. Liberal? Greed is when the current administration is on a major power grab and taking more money from the citizens. Greed is the Obama administration.

I had to earn my education by two tours, and then I see this crap. These people writing "greed" in permanent marker on the American flag in one of the photos I saw. I am sure they are first in line to go help with the Haiti relief or Chile relief efforts.

Want to know what greed is Mr. Liberal? Greed is when the current administration is on a major power grab and taking more money from the citizens. Greed is the Obama administration.

We are already paying more taxes under Obama?

Greed is in all politicians, but is a party plank for the right.

Damn I got more money for my buck than most of you.
I paid $30/month for 22 Months tuition and a couple of hundred in books.
I always made good middle to upper middle income. My last job paid $75/hr working remotely.

Vo-Tech School.
Plus I have taken many hours of continuing ed classes at work and on my own at various universities.
As far as in classroom hours of instruction I likely have around 6,000 hours.

*sigh* One of my top three f**k up's in life was not signing on for recruit training in the riot enforcement of the Berkley/Oakland area.

God I'm a p***y!!

Forum List

Back