Berkeley Riots

eagleseven

Quod Erat Demonstrandum
Jul 8, 2009
OH
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONBbuD4raw0]YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley[/ame]
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

A Berkeley education just isn't what it used to be...

Shit....I thought they would be rioting over John Yoo becoming a professor at their university and him getting off SCOT FREE over the non existent torture that he insured was LEGAL to use on the terrorists!!!!!!:lol: :lol:

Shit....I thought they would be rioting over John Yoo becoming a professor at their university and him getting off SCOT FREE over the non existent torture that he insured was LEGAL to use on the terrorists!!!!!!:lol: :lol:
Even hippies care about money when they don't have it...

They still 'raising hell'?
Seems they were doing that in the 60's when I was out there, but in different ways. It must be 'the air'. :lol:

YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

liberal values ain't working out for them huh? burn the place down. I thought all liberals loved to pay taxes and help their fellows get a good education??? color me surprised.. not!

Idiots.

Prices are going up all over for everything. Do they honestly think tuition for college ain't going up?? Jeeze.

liberal values ain't working out for them huh? burn the place down. I thought all liberals loved to pay taxes and help their fellows get a good education??? color me surprised.. not!

I was going to post something close to yours, Willow.
This IS what they have been fighting for.....liberalism....higher taxes.....higher tuition.
Just what did they expect? All the above to happen to the other person?
They may want to just get used to it.

I was going to post something close to yours, Willow.
This IS what they have been fighting for.....liberalism....higher taxes.....higher tuition.
Just what did they expect? All the above to happen to the other person?
They may want to just get used to it.

No,.... Liberalism, higher taxes, and using the higher taxes to have someone else pay for their tuition so that can have multiple degrees in interpretive dance, 3000 year old dead languages, and poetry

Just proves that many of those pursuing a college education are not too bright.

Have they been able to seperate out the rioters by major?
I would guess they're all xxxxx-studies majors.

No mathematics or economics majors, I'll bet.

Preliminary investigation suggests that many participants in the occupation and subsequent riot were not UC Berkeley students.

Marching Forward - The Daily Californian

>

In the early hours of Friday morning, opportunity struck: Opportunity for drunks and wannabe radicals to destroy public property, act foolish and harass police with virtually no consequences. Under the premise of revolting against the system, a few dozen people managed to not only stain UC Berkeley's reputation in the national consciousness but also greatly hinder the cause of legitimate organizers against fee hikes.

Without hesitation, we strongly condemn the vandalism of the Durant Hall occupation and the overall stupidity of the Southside riot. These actions were neither justifiable nor appropriate. And there's no point to pretending that those "activists" were advancing any cause other than a non-opportunistic and farcical anti-capitalist crusade. These rioters don't represent us or the vast majority of students on this campus.

Preliminary investigation suggests that many participants in the occupation and subsequent riot were not UC Berkeley students.

Last edited:
If they were tea party protesters the responses on this thread would be completely different.

From what I understand, the students are protesting higher tuition that doesn't give them anything in return...in fact schools are cutting programs and teachers. Also, prisons continue to be built at the expense of education.

But of course, if you are a wingnut you define all college students by the actions of a few and ignore the fact that people are hurting out there.

Forum List

Back