Berkeley Riots

If they were tea party protesters the responses on this thread would be completely different.

From what I understand, the students are protesting higher tuition that doesn't give them anything in return...in fact schools are cutting programs and teachers. Also, prisons continue to be built at the expense of education.

But of course, if you are a wingnut you define all college students by the actions of a few and ignore the fact that people are hurting out there.

As an adult you are responsible for your education and the payment of it. Fancy education costs big bucks and guess what? That means tuition increases. More teachers, more programs, more money, more tuition... that's how it goes

"People are hurting".... boo hoo.. people always have hurt and always will hurt... but it is up to those people to do what they have to do not to hurt

As for money towards prisons... you see.. government is there for the making and enforcement of laws... you break the laws and the government is responsible to ensure you pay the penalty for that.... government does not exist to hand you a free adult education...
And I am so sure that taking the $$ out of prisons and into education means so much when you get your 1K less tuition bill and fancy new book, that get blood soaked as a drug gang mistakenly splatters your precious brain all over the floor when they shoot up your apartment instead of Dr. Feelgood's next door

The idea that one cannot be educated unless they have a piece of paper to say so is ridiculous. And the idea that one can have a piece of paper and it therefore educated is likewise ridiculous.

If they were tea party protesters the responses on this thread would be completely different.

From what I understand, the students are protesting higher tuition that doesn't give them anything in return...in fact schools are cutting programs and teachers. Also, prisons continue to be built at the expense of education.

But of course, if you are a wingnut you define all college students by the actions of a few and ignore the fact that people are hurting out there.

As an adult you are responsible for your education and the payment of it. Fancy education costs big bucks and guess what? That means tuition increases. More teachers, more programs, more money, more tuition... that's how it goes

"People are hurting".... boo hoo.. people always have hurt and always will hurt... but it is up to those people to do what they have to do not to hurt

As for money towards prisons... you see.. government is there for the making and enforcement of laws... you break the laws and the government is responsible to ensure you pay the penalty for that.... government does not exist to hand you a free adult education...
And I am so sure that taking the $$ out of prisons and into education means so much when you get your 1K less tuition bill and fancy new book, that get blood soaked as a drug gang mistakenly splatters your precious brain all over the floor when they shoot up your apartment instead of Dr. Feelgood's next door
What an hysterical boob you've become. Most prison costs associated with petty crime and drug violations could be eliminated, save us all kinds of money, and still leave room to punish people for their actions.

I fully expect to never see you applauding teabagger protests...:cuckoo:

btw, students nationwide are protesting out of control tuition increases...not just in "fancy" colleges.

YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

A Berkeley education just isn't what it used to be...

liberal values ain't working out for them huh? burn the place down. I thought all liberals loved to pay taxes and help their fellows get a good education??? color me surprised.. not!

I was going to post something close to yours, Willow.
This IS what they have been fighting for.....liberalism....higher taxes.....higher tuition.
Just what did they expect? All the above to happen to the other person?
They may want to just get used to it.

They believe in pie-in-the-sky ideologies but when the rubber meets the road they don't care for the effects.

The idea that one cannot be educated unless they have a piece of paper to say so is ridiculous. And the idea that one can have a piece of paper and it therefore educated is likewise ridiculous.
This I agree with but unfortunately it does not hold true in our society.

Math and economics majors have the least sense of humor of any people I have ever met.
Their sense of humor is coldly calculating.

irrational-pi.jpeg

That piece of paper allows them to look down their noses at those who don't have that piece of paper.

They need that.:eusa_eh:

That piece of paper allows them to look down their noses at those who don't have that piece of paper.

Unfortunately there is a lot of truth in that.
Many need to demean others to build up their self esteem.

I mean where would one political party be without the other one?

Unfortunately, certain jobs won't consider you without the correct pieces of paper.

well golly gee, it looks like Berkeley's chickens have come home to roost.:lol:

Unfortunately, certain jobs won't consider you without the correct pieces of paper.

for the same reason.

In my working career I got two VP level waivers to get jobs that required a degree I did not have. There was no issue of doing the work.

YouTube - Riots erupt at UC Berkeley
They're rioting over a tuition increase? Destroying things because the state of California is broke?

A Berkeley education just isn't what it used to be...

My best friend works at Berkeley. She is SOOOO over it too and may take early retirement. There are people living in that town who never, ever got over the Sixties....and will protest ANYTHING.

My best friend works at Berkeley. She is SOOOO over it too and may take early retirement. There are people living in that town who never, ever got over the Sixties....and will protest ANYTHING.
I can imagine...if I was a student at Berkeley, I would be very annoyed at these protesters. I am sure many are, but we won't hear from them on television.

What an hysterical boob you've become. Most prison costs associated with petty crime and drug violations could be eliminated, save us all kinds of money, and still leave room to punish people for their actions.

btw, students nationwide are protesting out of control tuition increases...not just in "fancy" colleges.

Crime is crime... you may think drugs are petty... I am all in favor of the mantra of you do the crime you pay the time... and not being let off because it will 'save money'

I applaud any lawful and peaceful protest or demonstration... I do not applaud traffic stopping, riotous, vandalism shows of any sort no matter what side they are in support of

As for students protesting about the cost of tuition.. so be it.. they are not forced to go or forced to pay... if they wish to exercise their freedom to go, they best exercise their freedom to work and pay for it, no matter how much it is...

I can imagine...if I was a student at Berkeley, I would be very annoyed at these protesters. I am sure many are, but we won't hear from them on television.

No we won't...the networks also seem to be stuck in the Sixties sometimes.

Crime is crime... you may think drugs are petty... I am all in favor of the mantra of you do the crime you pay the time... and not being let off because it will 'save money'

I applaud any lawful and peaceful protest or demonstration... I do not applaud traffic stopping, riotous, vandalism shows of any sort no matter what side they are in support of

As for students protesting about the cost of tuition.. so be it.. they are not forced to go or forced to pay... if they wish to exercise their freedom to go, they best exercise their freedom to work and pay for it, no matter how much it is...

Are you aware that two of the major reasons CA is broke right now is the cost of building and maintaining prisons and the pay/retirement plan for Prison guards?

Are you aware that two of the major reasons CA is broke right now is the cost of building and maintaining prisons and the pay/retirement plan for Prison guards?

And to me, that is a legit thing for govt to do... more reasons why CA is broke stem around things like entitlements, funds to illegals, huge government, etc....

Forum List

Back