Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

What did you care more about this weekend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not a chance- Dems like things called facts, not a whole alternate universe, dupes.

1. Help arrived at the semi-consulate within 25 minutes.
2. 20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day because of that video.
3. EVERYONE followed CIA info as it came out. No lies, no conspiracy...
4. Just because AlQaeda was involved doesn't mean it wasn't triggered by the video.
5. Jeebus corporate ex-"Liberal" media are cowardly, only care about ratings...

1. Help is relative. Your facts are to, this is what you call help.

The intelligence officials told reporters Thursday that when the CIA annex received a call about the assault, about a half dozen members of a CIA security team tried to get heavy weapons and other assistance from the Libyans. But when the Libyans failed to respond, the security team, which routinely carries small arms, went ahead with the rescue attempt. At no point was the team told to wait, the officials said.

Instead, they said the often outmanned and outgunned team members made all the key decisions on the ground, with no second-guessing from senior officials monitoring the situation from afar.

The Pentagon would not send forces or aircraft into Libya — a sovereign nation — without a request from the State Department and the knowledge or consent of the host country. And Defence Secretary Leon Panetta has said the information coming in was too jumbled to risk U.S. troops.

These 6 brave Americans did respond even though they were, outmanned and outgunned.

2. It was 9/11.

3. Several members of the House and Senate intelligence committees who heard Petraeus’s testimony said that he indicated he believed immediately after the incident that it was a terrorist attack. That appeared to conflict with testimony he gave them three days after the attack, when he said it appeared to have begun as a “spontaneous” assault that was overtaken by “extremists.”

4. And this one is easy, just because it maaaaay have been triggered by a video, doesn't mean it wasn't a terrorist attack. Come on, pay no attention to the man behind the curtain?? Talk about dupes. The whole point was to say it was not a terrorist attack, which is exactly what it was.

"Dems like things called facts", more like half truths and word games.

Last edited:
Not only that but there's been embassy attacks under virtually every American President since the beginning of the 20th century. This stuff happens and there's actually been less attacks on embassies under Obama than under Bush or Clinton. Yes it's a tragedy and yes we need to know what happened. But once it got thrown in the right wing spin machine, the majority of the country just tuned out.

THERE is the issue in a nutshell.

The Boy Who Cried Wolf syndrome.

There have been 6 other Ambassadors killed in the line of duty. In none of those cases was there a big uproar against the sitting president. But because this killing happened under Obama's presidency, the right has seized upon this as another opportunity to further slime him.

Not only that but there's been embassy attacks under virtually every American President since the beginning of the 20th century. This stuff happens and there's actually been less attacks on embassies under Obama than under Bush or Clinton. Yes it's a tragedy and yes we need to know what happened. But once it got thrown in the right wing spin machine, the majority of the country just tuned out.

There have been 6 other Ambassadors killed in the line of duty. In none of those cases was there a big uproar against the sitting president. But because this killing happened under Obama's presidency, the right has seized upon this as another opportunity to further slime him.

Obama has zero margin for error with the hard right. Even when he isn't at fault.

The OP is correct, most people just don't care. But that was obvious when they supported failure for another four years. The mainstream media not only doesn't care, they will protect this clown at any cost.

Wrong- just not about Pubcrappe spewed by a-hole Pubs and idiot dupes...

It's not about Pubs and Dims, it's about freakin' mindless Liberalism. The media spew is all about protecting the clown, and was all about getting hin re-elected. Had Benghazi been a conservative administration, they would be hanging by their balls by now.

Not true.

It's sad that we have part of the country that doesn't care that we lost people here.
People that were serving their country.

If a republican was in the WH does anyone think these Libs would feel the same way.

Its not about whether we should or shouldnt care. Or if what happened was wrong, right, immoral, just a huge mess, or whatever.

What this is...is that regular Americans care more about their power bill, grocery bill, healthcare bill, college football team, kids, car trouble and schools than anything happening in the fucking Middle East.

Thats why the GOP lost.

Wow, that's a dead American Ambassador every 39 years with the last one:
Adolph "Spike" Dubs (August 4, 1920 – February 14, 1979) was the United States Ambassador to Afghanistan from May 13, 1978 until his death in 1979.[1] He was killed in an exchange of fire after a kidnapping attempt.

Under: Jimmy Carter (born October 1, 1924) served as the thirty-ninth President of the United States, serving between January 20, 1977 and January 20, 1981, including the whole of 1979.

Failed argument, failed foreign policy. Cover up. But...

Benghazi: Most people..just dont care! Give it up already.

Doesn't make it right. People not caring gave us 9/11.

The USS Cole bombing was a suicide attack against the United States Navy destroyer USS Cole on October 12, 2000, Seventeen American sailors were killed, and 39 were injured.
The terrorist organization al-Qaeda claimed responsibility for the attack.

Most people..just dont care!

The September 11, 2001 attacks:
The attacks resulted in the death of 2,996 people, including the 19 hijackers and 2,977 victims. On that Tuesday morning, 19 terrorists from the Islamist militant group al-Qaeda hijacked four passenger jets.

Lets see, pain and money lost suffered by most people that just don't care??

As for the cost in lives, the Washington Post reported that “as of Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, at least 1,980 members of the U.S. military had died in Afghanistan … according to an Associated Press count.”
According to a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) report published in October 2007, the U.S. wars in Iraq and Afghanistan could cost taxpayers a total of $2.4 trillion dollars by 2017 when counting the huge interest costs because combat is being financed with borrowed money.

You may be right, it's not the President's Fault, it may be people like you that just don't care.

Things dupes haven't heard:

1. Help arrived at the semi-consulate within 25 minutes.
2. 20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day because of that video.
3. EVERYONE followed CIA info as it came out. No lies, no conspiracy...

Now the CIA has talking points? Pub dupe idiocy knows no bounds...change the channel.

20+ other embassies were attacked before Bengazi the same day
That makes the death of the Ambassador even worse obama knew the attack was coming and did nothing. If you know that attacks are coming you don't sit on your ass twiddling your thumbs. This is in no way good for obama.

Benghazi. Maybe Im off, but it just seems that most people just DONT CARE!

The far right is trying desperately to push this as the downfall of Obama.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

Give it up. It aint stickin'.

most people don't care because it's clear it's a witch hunt. normal people tend not to like witch hunts.

on the other hand, for four years the radical right has been the boy who cried wolf... so they've become background noise.

I dont know what really did or didn't happen, or even the latest updates. Why? Because I honestly...like most Americans...just dont give a shit that much about it. We shouldn't be in those shitholes anyway.

I can honestly say I care more about what happens this weekend in college football than what happened in Benghazi. Fox has even termed it "Benghazi-Gate".

most people don't care because it's clear it's a witch hunt. normal people tend not to like witch hunts.

on the other hand, for four years the radical right has been the boy who cried wolf... so they've become background noise.

Jillian pathetic of you too think this is a witch hunt, or most of obama's other unconstitutional things are a witch hunt, and you are a lawyer?

That's your American left folks, they worry more about how any event effects Obama more than anything else. In this case it's "oh poor Obama, look how he's being picked on" that is seen as much more of a tragedy than the dead Americans and the effect on their families......

Last edited:
I will put it to you all this way.

Im far more concerned about how we will take care of the physical and mental health of our wounded vets coming home from the sand box. Its sad 4 people died however, its just not as big of a deal to me and many other Americans.

Fox news is pushing this as if its a huge scandal, it is not. Even a few top ranking Republicans have said they dont want to make this a big deal, there are other priorities to tackle.

Last edited:

You're right, American idol is more important

Not even a close comparison. This is not about the four peopple killed. It's about them asking for help, being denied it, the cover up afterwards. geeeeeez...

I will put it to you all this way.

Im far more concerned about how we will take care of the physical and mental health of our wounded vets coming home from the sand box. Its sad 4 people died however, its just not as big of a deal to me and many other Americans.

Fox news is pushing this as if its a huge scandal, it is not. Even a few top ranking Republicans have said they dont want to make this a big deal, there are other priorities to tackle.

cover-ups should be an issue to everybody. How many of those other ambassadors death was it said to be one thing but later it was the opposite of what the president said it was?

cover-ups should be an issue to everybody.

to be honest with you, if Bush never had to belly up for the WMD mess, then im suffice to say Obama has bigger fish to fry, like this GOP House and the debt situation.

I mean, Bush IIs Iraq lies have lead to tens of thousands wounded vets, I just find that far more important.

My only question to the Obama admin is wtf was anyone doing in Libya! that place is a civil war zone, no one should have been there. thats my main issues with Libya.

I think the more accurate statement would be most Obama supporters don't care and the media which also falls under the category of Obama supporters did not care until the sex angle came into play the rest of care about why the ambassador was hung out dry security wise.

Maybe the way it was stated is a little insensitive but he's right. People aren't interested and even worse, they aren't asigning blame. You all should let it run it's course because Americans really don't like the way Repubs just hate the president and personally attack him and his family.
I don't know why you or the OP would assume to speak for Americans. Obama got 50% of the vote and you act as though it was a great victory, a mandate and that all America wants and prioritizes as Obama does.

Have we really dumbed down that much?

The problem is that both sides and most people interested in politics run on witch hunts and gottya politics ...:eusa_shifty:

Then even when a fair decision may have been reached, it's not trusted..

You see folks, anything that is questioned of this administration is either a witch hunt or RACISIM

so they are right, you might as well just give it up, roll over and let them do anything they want to you..

God save the KING Obama and his comrades in arms

Let us try and take the politics out of the equation for a second, if possible.

Do we care as to why 4 of our civilian population was apparently killed by a concerted planned attack on 9/11? Yes or no?

If no, why? Because their lives are meaningless and knowing why they died doesn't really matter? Or yes we want to know to try and prevent this same senseless death next 9/11? In other words their life, along with everyone else's, has meaning?

Is this another case of where we expect everyone to tell the truth yet we ignore when a POTUS outright lies under oath in a court of law?

Do we say, to hell with them, because we are more worried about the cost of everything we buy skyrocketing?

I mean, what as humane human beings who supposedly have a love for the rule of law. Who live by laws in a free country. Who say we care about life. What right do we have to say to hell with them and not investigate their death? We don't have that right. To not investigate their death is to become as the animals that killed them in the first place. Let the pieces fall where they may. If it was incompetence, or a legitimate bad decision that ended up with them being killed then so be it, that can be forgiven. If it was a decision based solely on an election, THAT can NEVER be forgiven. We need to know.

So in the end we all knew that this was a planned attack the very day it happened. It was clear the timing could not be more convenient. But the Obama administration fed us a lie, we all know they did there is a lot of denying it but not much credibility behind those lies. So with that very obvious fact we should be told why they lied.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back