Benghazi - Let's Learn Something

nodoginnafight

No Party Affiliation
Dec 15, 2008
Georgia
Anyone can make mistakes. A wise person, however, will learn from mistakes.
Here's my takeaway - what's yours?

The first lesson imho is that we shouldn't be opening facilities (especially in high risk areas) until we are ready to spend what it takes to build it and staff it (with U.S. military personnel) in the safest way. And certainly don't send high ranking officials (high value targets) to the location until it is made extremely secure.

Second lesson - I realize that the outreach and intelligence gathered is valuable to U.S. security, but apply a skeptical cost versus benefit approach before opening a facility.

Third - Don't put military personnel on short (40-day) rotations at the facility. This doesn't allow them enough time to get real familiar with the location and the situation.

That's my opinion anyway.

Last edited:
Read the freaking memos, stop lying to the American public, use the Military to protect Americans who are under assault, indict the the inept excuse for a Secretary of State for criminal negligence. Did I leave out anything?

and dont CUT the money to protect them abnd then be all angry when your actions get them killed

Oh, and don't lie to the American people for political gain.

You forgot that one.

My personal opinion is that I can understand how somethings get jumbled in "the fog of war" but I've never seen 100% honesty out of anyone. Jessica Lynch, Pat Tilman .... the list goes on and on. It's never a pretty thing.

Read the freaking memos, stop lying to the American public, use the Military to protect Americans who are under assault, indict the the inept excuse for a Secretary of State for criminal negligence. Did I leave out anything?

No, I think you covered all the hyperbole imaginable. Thanks.

and dont CUT the money to protect them abnd then be all angry when your actions get them killed

Blame Bush? Please don't use the money argument. It's offensive and insulting. The secretary of state had enough money to install charging stations for electric vehicles in "safe" embassies. Stop making excuses for criminal negligence.

Well, I do agree 100% with the "don't cut the money." And yes, it is pretty hypocritical to vote to cut the money necessary and then point fingers at someone else.

Blame Bush? Please don't use the money argument. It's offensive and insulting. The secretary of state had enough money to install charging stations for electric vehicles in "safe" embassies. Stop making excuses for criminal negligence.

ALL the republicans did it not Bush

The biggest lesson to be learned?

Try hard as they might, the GOP couldn't get the public to care about this issue, regardless of how much they stamped their feet and raised their voices.

Well, I do agree 100% with the "don't cut the money." And yes, it is pretty hypocritical to vote to cut the money necessary and then point fingers at someone else.

If that were really the case then you would have a point, but since funding wasn't the problem then you and TM can agree all you want and still not have a point.

Biggest lesson, the Republicans ask WTF when 4 of ours are killed, the Democrats say WGAF.

The biggest lesson to be learned?

Try hard as they might, the GOP couldn't get the public to care about this issue, regardless of how much they stamped their feet and raised their voices.

respectfully: I do believe it is an opportunity to learn something and to tweak our policies to limit our exposure to events like these as much as possible. Does that make it an "issue." I don't know. If an "issue" means it's an opportunity to bash your opponents, then I agree. It didn't reach that level imho.

Like Hillary YOU ARE MISSING THE point as to "What's the Difference"????

YOU don't tout yourself as a winner "Osama dead..GM Alive" and then when another attack planned for 9/11/12 occurs send out statements it wasn't terrorism but response to a video,
then go after the videographer, and THEN AS HILLARY said to father of one killed..
After apologizing for his loss, Woods said Clinton told him that the U.S. would “make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.”

THAT is the Major point! All because it would have politically damaged Obama!
THAT is the REASON for sending Rice and blaming as HIlary did the "person made that film"....!

Pure politics and that is the MAJOR FRAUD AND DIFFERENCE!

How many millions of votes were affected because PEOPLE were FOOLED about Obama's "success" in killing Osama!
‘Obama’s campaign slogan ‘Osama is dead’ being amended with ‘and so is our ambassador” would have been used if the truth had been known!!!

Forum List

Back