Benghazi - Let's Learn Something

Use your freaking head. Funding wasn't an issue. Hillary said she didn't get the memo about the embassy needing more security. That's bogus too many levels to even discuss. The president watched the carnage in real time and didn't even alert the Military much less try to come to the aid of the former Navy Seals involved in a seven hour fight. What did we learn? Hillary had no experience in foreign policy. She was appointed to keep Bubba Bill on the team. The former community activist didn't have a clue and instructed his staff to lie to the American public to cover up their criminal negligence.

For real, idiot?

You're telling us common sense stuff as if obamination and hillary were supposed to use common sense they don't have.

Well, Libya is what you get when lawyers act like they know more than the military and CIA....

Anyone can make mistakes. A wise person, however, will learn from mistakes.
Here's my takeaway - what's yours?

The first lesson imho is that we shouldn't be opening facilities (especially in high risk areas) until we are ready to spend what it takes to build it and staff it (with U.S. military personnel) in the safest way. And certainly don't send high ranking officials (high value targets) to the location until it is made extremely secure.

Second lesson - I realize that the outreach and intelligence gathered is valuable to U.S. security, but apply a skeptical cost versus benefit approach before opening a facility.

Third - Don't put military personnel on short (40-day) rotations at the facility. This doesn't allow them enough time to get real familiar with the location and the situation.

That's my opinion anyway.

Your the exact type of voter the republican party will have to heave to the curb to win another national election

Stevens would have had the authority to set his own schedule and travel plans, without Washington’s approval. He must have had a sense of security about the situation there, even on the anniversary of Sept. 11. Unless he was ordered to go there for some reason.

Then there is the classified information that we, the public, don't have access to for decades.

There is no coverup. Just the talking points or, controlling the information, which has been the norm for military operations/wars since Vietnam. The Senators who destroyed Susan Rice over her Condi Rice like performance on the Sunday talk shows, are a disgrace to the Senate.

The first lesson imho is that we shouldn't be opening facilities (especially in high risk areas) until we are ready to spend what it takes to build it and staff it (with U.S. military personnel) in the safest way. And certainly don't send high ranking officials (high value targets) to the location until it is made extremely secure.

Second lesson - I realize that the outreach and intelligence gathered is valuable to U.S. security, but apply a skeptical cost versus benefit approach before opening a facility.

Third - Don't put military personnel on short (40-day) rotations at the facility. This doesn't allow them enough time to get real familiar with the location and the situation.

Lets not pretend places like Libya and Iraq are the same as Denmark and Sweden. Those countries are full of people who hate America and we need very high security if we are going to be there.

Of course Hilary would say that you idiot. She and her State Department are under the gun for Benghazi. You really think she wouldn't lie??

Oh wait. She's a Dem so of course you think she wouldn't lie. Never mind.

Heres what Darryl Issa had to say about that funding availability.

Issa went on to note that Charlene Lamb, the State Department official who fielded security requests from the Libya U.S. diplomatic officials had said that money wasn’t the reason for the slim security in Libya. Consider this exchange from the congressional hearing on Libya last week:

“It has been suggested that budget cuts are responsible for a lack of security in Benghazi, and I’d like to ask Miss Lamb,” said Representative Dana Rohrabacher (R., Calif.). “You made this decision personally. Was there any budget consideration and lack of budget which lead you not to increase the number of people in the security force there?”

“No, sir,” said Lamb.

If I had to guess I'd say security wasn't beefed up so as as not to "offend" the Libyans by making them think we had no confidence in the're ability to defend the consulate. Which they absolutely didn't do.

Fuck the Libyans. They should have added to security big time especially when they got an inkling of something going down.

Hillary is covering her ass so any port in a storm.

Wikipedias take on Benghazi.

Stevens was the first U.S. ambassador to die in office since the 1988 aircrash in Pakistan which killed Arnold Lewis Raphel; he was the eighth U.S. Ambassador to be killed in the line of duty.[17] Early news coverage said that the attack was a spontaneous response to an online preview of a movie considered offensive to Muslims, but the attackers' use of military-grade weapons (including RPGs) and apparent knowledge of the locations of the secret safe house sites led to speculation that the raid was pre-planned. Libyan officials suggested that it might have been a revenge attack mounted by loyalists of Muammar Gaddafi, who were defeated (and Gaddafi killed) in the Libyan civil war the previous year.[18] Later indications added support to the view that the attack was coordinated and planned in advance, with any protests merely incidental or diversionary.[19] Libyan president Muhammad Magariaf blamed elements of Ansar al-Sharia for the killing, linking them to Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb. According to a Libyan-American witness, "There was no demonstration. They came with machine guns, with rockets."[20]

One of the rocket propelled grenades reportedly created a fire in the main consulate building with three Americans inside — Stevens, Sean Smith, and a security officer.[21] According to U.S. officials, the security officer escaped and the staff found Smith dead. However, the staff were unable to locate Ambassador Stevens before being driven from the building under small-arms fire.[21] Stevens apparently became separated from his staff while trying to escape to the roof and was ultimately overcome by smoke inhalation.[22][23] Local civilians found Stevens and brought him to the Benghazi Medical Centre in a state of cardiac arrest. Medical personnel tried to resuscitate him, but he was pronounced dead at about 2 a.m. local time.[21]

The surviving Americans were taken to a safe house. A rescue squad consisting of eight U.S. military or former military was sent from Tripoli, the capital. They were ambushed and the safe house came under attack. Two more Americans died, including one sent from Tripoli; several were wounded.[21][24][25] Later reports identified the victims as Tyrone S. Woods and Glen A. Doherty, both ex-Navy SEALs working as security and intelligence contractors.[26][27]

According to the Daily Mail News Online, Ambassador Stevens had sent out a diplomatic cable expressing concerns, on the day he was killed, that security at Benghazi was compromised.[28] Stevens stated that two Libyan security groups were threatening to withdraw over a disagreement on U.S. Policy whether centrist politician Mahmoud Jibril would become Libya's prime minister.

Last edited:
Liberals after they get 4 Americans killed in a war zone...

"Uhhhh, maybe we should have Marine guards for the Ambassador and staff and uh maybe we should be ready for a terrorist attack by muslim males in a country full of muslim male terrorists openly carrying weapons. Uh, we are so smart coming up with this plan to fix Libya in 2013."

and dont CUT the money to protect them abnd then be all angry when your actions get them killed

Like Hillary YOU ARE MISSING THE point as to "What's the Difference"????

YOU don't tout yourself as a winner "Osama dead..GM Alive" and then when another attack planned for 9/11/12 occurs send out statements it wasn't terrorism but response to a video,
then go after the videographer, and THEN AS HILLARY said to father of one killed..
After apologizing for his loss, Woods said Clinton told him that the U.S. would “make sure that the person who made that film is arrested and prosecuted.”

THAT is the Major point! All because it would have politically damaged Obama!
THAT is the REASON for sending Rice and blaming as HIlary did the "person made that film"....!

Pure politics and that is the MAJOR FRAUD AND DIFFERENCE!

How many millions of votes were affected because PEOPLE were FOOLED about Obama's "success" in killing Osama!
‘Obama’s campaign slogan ‘Osama is dead’ being amended with ‘and so is our ambassador” would have been used if the truth had been known!!!

I agree. I would like to have seen the truth as soon as it was known. I can say the same thing about Jessica Lynch and Pat Tilman and ...... the list goes on and on.

Lets not pretend places like Libya and Iraq are the same as Denmark and Sweden. Those countries are full of people who hate America and we need very high security if we are going to be there.

I'm not pretending. And I don't see anyone on here trying to lump all these places into a single cookie cutter security mold. But we also have to keep in mind that these are the exact types of places where we can gather very useful intelligence.

Oh, and don't lie to the American people for political gain.

You forgot that one.

My personal opinion is that I can understand how somethings get jumbled in "the fog of war" but I've never seen 100% honesty out of anyone. Jessica Lynch, Pat Tilman .... the list goes on and on. It's never a pretty thing.

Oh please. There were people with military experience at that embassy who knew exactly what was going on. Why in the world would someone, whose head would roll for it, lie to the White House about a demonstration when there wasn't one?

Oh yeah. I think I'll just invent a demonstration and report it to my superiors.

Libya is just an example of how stupid liberals are about the world.

They believed they could support removing Qaddafi from power for the Europe to get his oil without a plan after he was gone. They didn't take out Libya's dictator quickly enough which allowed many terrorists from Africa and the middle east to run to the fight and to be ready once it became the Wild Wild West.

Then once Libya was free of their dictator and run by a ragtag group of nomad chiefs, obamination and clinton sent an Ambassador and staff there to get in on the action with Europe without the proper security. The Ambassador begged for more security but his leaders back in DC were too busy getting the black messiah re-elected, so he was dangling in the wind on his own.

9-11 comes around and he gets attacked and killed, then obamination and hillary go into cover their ass mode blaming Congress for not giving them money for Libya, which is a fucking lie. They also covered up the terrorist attack with some protest riot bullshit over a YouTube video to point the finger at some nut in California....I believe he was called a "Jew," how convenient for the liberals to finger a jew being behind the riot.

Today liberals are acting like they found cold fusion by telling us Libya is dangerous and our staff needs better protection in Libya, they might get a Nobel Peace prize for their genius....in their own demented minds.

Oh, and don't lie to the American people for political gain.

You forgot that one.

My personal opinion is that I can understand how somethings get jumbled in "the fog of war" but I've never seen 100% honesty out of anyone. Jessica Lynch, Pat Tilman .... the list goes on and on. It's never a pretty thing.

Oh please. There were people with military experience at that embassy who knew exactly what was going on. Why in the world would someone, whose head would roll for it, lie to the White House about a demonstration when there wasn't one?

Oh yeah. I think I'll just invent a demonstration and report it to my superiors.

Oh I agree. They took away the gun from Pat Tilman's brother moments after the event because they knew it was a "friendly fire" and they didn't want him going after the cowboy who killed his brother. Yet they lied about it right through the funeral.

What I am saying is that I don't approve of the dishonesty in any of these cases. But dishonestly isn't a partisan issue. I'll be very pleased if I could cast a vote someday for a candidate who doesn't do it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back