Ben Carson’s Winning GOP Debate Strategy: Flat Out Lying About Mannatech

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oh, so he's a moron AND a fucking liar!

The question was about Carson’s 10-year involvement with a sketchy multilevel marketing firm called Mannatech. As Quintanilla noted, Mannatech has faced scrutiny over its claims that its vitamins could cure everything from autism to cancer, and it paid $7 million to settle deceptive advertising charges brought by the Texas attorney general. Slate’s Helaine Olen has also explained how companies like Mannatech prey on thepoor, desperate, and gullible by promising riches if they enroll as direct-sales associates hawking the company’s products. Quintanilla asked Carson a simple question: Why would he continue to be involved with such a company?

Carson’s answer started out equally simple. And then it got complicated. And then he tried to make it simple again. And he was fibbing pretty much the entire time.

“That’s easy to answer,” said the candidate, who has recently emerged as the leading Republican candidate for president. “I didn’t have any involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society: total propaganda.”

Got that? Zero involvement. Total propaganda.

Oh sure, Carson hedged, “I did a couple speeches for them. … They were paid speeches.” But! “It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of a relationship with them.”

In fact, the Wall Street Journal has cataloged Carson’s relationship with Mannatech in detail, and you can watch a video of him endorsing the company's products right here:

Given the fact he has a business manager, it is possible that Ben Carson does not know the full relationship between hi and Mannatech.

However, there is a statement he made for Mannatech that could make him liable to lawsuits.

Wingnuts will always defend the indefensible, no matter what the evidence.

The Wall Street Journal, that Liberal rag, did an investigative report on Carson's relationship with this scam company, and he STILL lies about it.

Why do I call them a scam company? Because that's what wingnut Texas Attorney General - now Governor - Greg Abbott called them when he sued them.

And now The National Review - one of the two leading Conservative publications - is calling Carson a liar, because he is:

What Ben Carson’s Mannatech Answer Tells Us | National Review Online

Why would a supposedly "gifted" brain surgeon get involved in and hawk snake oil cancer cures? Why hasn't his medical; licences been suspended?

So Doctor Ben Carson once was a front for some magic cancer elixir? What was that, if not the best training you can have to be a Republican candidate for president in the biggest medicine show of them all? Step right up, my friends. Step right up and be amazed. The sun is down and the lights are up. The stars are out and the music is beginning to play. Step right up, rubes. Step right up.

Ben Carson's Experience Selling Snake Oil Was the Perfect Practice for Campaigning as a Republican

you backed WJC, and BO, and you have a complaint about 'snake oil salesmen'?

th

Why would a supposedly "gifted" brain surgeon get involved in and hawk snake oil cancer cures? Why hasn't his medical; licences been suspended?

So Doctor Ben Carson once was a front for some magic cancer elixir? What was that, if not the best training you can have to be a Republican candidate for president in the biggest medicine show of them all? Step right up, my friends. Step right up and be amazed. The sun is down and the lights are up. The stars are out and the music is beginning to play. Step right up, rubes. Step right up.

Ben Carson's Experience Selling Snake Oil Was the Perfect Practice for Campaigning as a Republican

He's really got you Liberals scared to death now that he's leading your chronic liar in some of the polls. It's not like you haven't had a Black President before. You've just never had an intelligent Black President before. You'll get used to it.

He's really got you Liberals scared to death now that he's leading your chronic liar in some of the polls. It's not like you haven't had a Black President before. You've just never had an intelligent Black President before. You'll get used to it.
Carson is intelligent? He thinks the pyramids were used to store grain. :lmao:

It's possible and logical. I don't really know. I know they had a seven years famine in the time of Joseph and he stored a whole lot of grain somewhere.

Oh, so he's a moron AND a fucking liar!

The question was about Carson’s 10-year involvement with a sketchy multilevel marketing firm called Mannatech. As Quintanilla noted, Mannatech has faced scrutiny over its claims that its vitamins could cure everything from autism to cancer, and it paid $7 million to settle deceptive advertising charges brought by the Texas attorney general. Slate’s Helaine Olen has also explained how companies like Mannatech prey on thepoor, desperate, and gullible by promising riches if they enroll as direct-sales associates hawking the company’s products. Quintanilla asked Carson a simple question: Why would he continue to be involved with such a company?

Carson’s answer started out equally simple. And then it got complicated. And then he tried to make it simple again. And he was fibbing pretty much the entire time.

“That’s easy to answer,” said the candidate, who has recently emerged as the leading Republican candidate for president. “I didn’t have any involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society: total propaganda.”

Got that? Zero involvement. Total propaganda.

Oh sure, Carson hedged, “I did a couple speeches for them. … They were paid speeches.” But! “It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of a relationship with them.”

In fact, the Wall Street Journal has cataloged Carson’s relationship with Mannatech in detail, and you can watch a video of him endorsing the company's products right here:

This has been debunked. Get over it.

It's possible and logical. I don't really know. I know they had a seven years famine in the time of Joseph and he stored a whole lot of grain somewhere.
It's not possible, likely or logical. It's ridiculous, simple minded and dumb. Not presidential material, sorry.

It's not possible, likely or logical. It's ridiculous, simple minded and dumb. Not presidential material, sorry.

Light years ahead of Hillary.

Given the fact he has a business manager, it is possible that Ben Carson does not know the full relationship between hi and Mannatech.

However, there is a statement he made for Mannatech that could make him liable to lawsuits.
ummm..... you don't have to be a *cough* "businessman" to see that $$$ being deposited into your bank acct.

"There was no contract between Carson and Mannatech for anything, let alone this 2014 PBS program. The program was, however, sponsored by the Platinum Group, a distributor of Mannatech products.

The contract which Armstrong referred to was not a signed document, but a verbal agreement between the producer of the program, Richard Taylor, and Dr. Carson. The details of this verbal agreement were, as Williams states, negotiated by him with Taylor on Carson’s behalf."

The Facts About Dr. Ben Carson and Mannatech - Breitbart

"It is fair to criticize Dr. Carson’s judgment for consenting to the interviews with Mannatech executives in 2004 and 2013 that were used in promotional videos, and not explicitly prohibiting the use of those interviews in promotional videos.

He is, after all, a world famous neurosurgeon, and anything he says about any product could easily be used by companies hustling a product to try and increase sales of that product.

That’s exactly what Mannatech did.

However, when it comes to Dr. Carson’s statements, there’s a big difference between a lack of attention to detail and blatant dishonesty."

The Facts About Dr. Ben Carson and Mannatech - Breitbart

Forum List

Back