Ben Carson’s Winning GOP Debate Strategy: Flat Out Lying About Mannatech

Oh, so he's a moron AND a fucking liar!

The question was about Carson’s 10-year involvement with a sketchy multilevel marketing firm called Mannatech. As Quintanilla noted, Mannatech has faced scrutiny over its claims that its vitamins could cure everything from autism to cancer, and it paid $7 million to settle deceptive advertising charges brought by the Texas attorney general. Slate’s Helaine Olen has also explained how companies like Mannatech prey on thepoor, desperate, and gullible by promising riches if they enroll as direct-sales associates hawking the company’s products. Quintanilla asked Carson a simple question: Why would he continue to be involved with such a company?

Carson’s answer started out equally simple. And then it got complicated. And then he tried to make it simple again. And he was fibbing pretty much the entire time.

“That’s easy to answer,” said the candidate, who has recently emerged as the leading Republican candidate for president. “I didn’t have any involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society: total propaganda.”

Got that? Zero involvement. Total propaganda.

Oh sure, Carson hedged, “I did a couple speeches for them. … They were paid speeches.” But! “It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of a relationship with them.”

In fact, the Wall Street Journal has cataloged Carson’s relationship with Mannatech in detail, and you can watch a video of him endorsing the company's products right here:

How did Hillary ever manage to dodge all those sniper bullets?

Punk hack

The question was about Carson’s 10-year involvement with a sketchy multilevel marketing firm called Mannatech. As Quintanilla noted, Mannatech has faced scrutiny over its claims that its vitamins could cure everything from autism to cancer, and it paid $7 million to settle deceptive advertising charges brought by the Texas attorney general. Slate’s Helaine Olen has also explained how companies like Mannatech prey on thepoor, desperate, and gullible by promising riches if they enroll as direct-sales associates hawking the company’s products. Quintanilla asked Carson a simple question: Why would he continue to be involved with such a company?

Carson’s answer started out equally simple. And then it got complicated. And then he tried to make it simple again. And he was fibbing pretty much the entire time.

“That’s easy to answer,” said the candidate, who has recently emerged as the leading Republican candidate for president. “I didn’t have any involvement with them. That is total propaganda. And this is what happens in our society: total propaganda.”

Oh sure, Carson hedged, “I did a couple speeches for them. … They were paid speeches.” But! “It is absolutely absurd to say that I had any kind of a relationship with them.”

In fact, the Wall Street Journal has cataloged Carson’s relationship with Mannatech in detail, and you can watch a video of him endorsing the company's products right here:

Punk hack

Red herring fallacy

Failed attempt to deflect

Lame, pathetic

Actually, the GOO deserves Donald and Ben. I ever heard they may be a ticket in 2016.....well unless Carson loses it and knifes Donald at one of the debates.

Why isn't the Right-Wing upset that Carson is a liar?
Why are you not upset that Clinton or Obama is a liar?? Why do you give them a pass for every lie they tell?
Why are you answering with another question instead of just answering the question?

How can anyone take you wingnuts serious that Obama or Clinton lies really bother you when you excuse them from Carson and other Right-Wingers?

So you are opposed to people who lie? Or only Republicans>
raise-your-hand-lied-about-benghazi-hillary-clinton-t-shirt-logo-sale-366x366.jpg

Same question to you, knuckledragger.

Punk hack

Same question to you, drooler.

It worked for Obama!

HE told you idiots he was going lie, use tricks, tactics and you fools didn't believe him!
And so from Obama's book "Dreams from My Father"...published July 18,1995 we KNEW this liar
would say and do anything to get elected...even blaming a lousy video for HIS INCOMPETENCY!
"It was usually an effective tactic, another one of those tricks I had learned.
People were satisfied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made no sudden moves.
They were more than satisfied. They were revealed.
Such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time
."

Obama is an ill-mannered, pompous and definitely ANGRY OLD Man...

And then in order to get Obamacare passed he lied when he said:We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"
Because he knew 10 million of his big lie of 46 million were not legal!

And he KNEW he'd have to hire another Gruber who like Obama's opinion of Americans depended on the "Stupidity of the American Voter" to pass Obamacare!

Ben Carson isn't running for president. He's gathering mass amounts of names/supporters to monetize later.

69% of the money he takes in goes toward more fundraising. By contrast, Bernie Sanders rate is 4%.
Link
Here ya go:

Money churns in Carson, Inc.
Politico released a fake story about the Carson campaign admitting he lied......so I think we can say that anything they report needs to be read with a little skepticism.

Carson will get a free pass in the Primaries. But the General will be different. He might have to answer some tough questions, like, "You say you are not 'involved' with Mannatech, but you have made speeches supporting it, have touted it as a miracle drug, and have obviously profited from it. HOW DO YOU DEFINE INVOLVED, DR. CARSON?"

Why are you not upset that Clinton or Obama is a liar?? Why do you give them a pass for every lie they tell?
Why are you answering with another question instead of just answering the question?

How can anyone take you wingnuts serious that Obama or Clinton lies really bother you when you excuse them from Carson and other Right-Wingers?
Typical double talking democrap

Typical double talking democrap
^^^ Typical response from idiots who can't refute a valid logical premise.

Forum List

Back