Ben Carson, WH Bid Annoncement

Liberals hate him.

He is intelligent, well-spoken, charismatic, has shown a solid worth-ethic, is noted for his expertise in his field - and calls for conservatism in government.

The rants will never cease. :mad::up_yours:

Liberals hate him.

He is intelligent, well-spoken, charismatic, has shown a solid worth-ethic, is noted for his expertise in his field - and calls for conservatism in government.

The rants will never cease. :mad::up_yours:

LINK

Part of Carson's problem seems to be that he thinks of himself as a commentator, not a politician. He's talking not as a candidate, but instead, the way a conservative blogger hoping to gin up attention might. This is not about political correctness, but rather about appropriateness, staying on message, and winning.

In many cases, Carson could have been less controversial and more persuasive had he simply stated his positions in more diplomatic (not to be confused with PC) fashion. You can attack ObamaCare without referencing slavery.

And indeed, a surprising number of Carson's gaffes involve either slavery or Nazi analogies. Really, what is he thinking? This is not about political correctness. Those things were so evil that comparisons to them are almost always flawed.​

LINK

But if he’s trying to brush up on the basics of how the U.S. government works, Carson clearly has quite a bit of ground to make up.

Yesterday on Newsmax TV, Ben Carson said that the federal government does not need to recognize a Supreme Court decision on gay marriage because the president is only obligated to recognize laws passed by Congress, not judicial rulings.

“First of all, we have to understand how the Constitution works, the president is required to carry out the laws of the land, the
laws of the land come from the legislative branch,” Carson said.

“So if the legislative branch creates a law or changes a law, the executive branch has a responsibly to carry it out. It doesn’t say they have the responsibility to carry out a judicial law.”

All of this, regrettably, was on video.

As should be obvious to anyone who passed Civics 101 at a high-school level, the U.S. Supreme Court has the final word on the constitutionality of American laws.
Sometimes, the legislative branch passes a law, but it’s challenged in the courts, and if a high court majority strikes it down, then it can’t legally be enforced by the executive branch.

There is no such thing as “a judicial law.”

The fact that Carson doesn't understand this is alarming. The fact that he prefaced his comments by saying we “have to understand how the Constitution works” is rather sad.​

Now that the teapers have jumped off of the Carson bandwagon... I am interested in hearing what he has to say.

First thing I can note...I think he is gay. He speaks and moves like a flamer.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out.

Ben Carson Does 'Not See A Political Path Forward' For Presidential Candidacy

I really like and admire the guy. He especially is showing a huge amount of smarts by doing this.

Would love to see him as secretary of HUD or Surgeon General.

Carson lacks the mean streak that is required if the liberal destruction of all that is America is to be turned back on itself.

Nice fella, I'm sure, but lacking the potential for violence needed just now.

I admire Mr Carson ...he is an intelligent, cultured person... he is the best! he is so much better than your run of the mill politician.

I like him and always will! :thup:

Now that the teapers have jumped off of the Carson bandwagon... I am interested in hearing what he has to say.

First thing I can note...I think he is gay. He speaks and moves like a flamer.
It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure this out.

Ben Carson Does 'Not See A Political Path Forward' For Presidential Candidacy

In the case of Ben Carson, who gave himself a lobotomy when he took his brain out to play with it....it does.
How about the fucking nuts who say they liked him? How stupid are they? Or for anyone to like anything about the GOP. What a miserable cock sucker that person must be to live with.

Forum List

Back