Garland, Texas vs. Paris France....two terrorist attacks, in one...only the terrorists had guns

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Here we go.....a comparison between the response to the Garland, Texas terrorist attack and the Paris, France terrorist attack...in both cases the terrorists easily acquired guns even though in both cases on or more of each member of the team of terrorists was either known to the government or actually on a government terrorist watch list.....

And again, they both acquired guns......even the ones in strict gun control France...

The actual difference between the 2 attacks.....armed good guys on the scene immediately in Texas ( I love that state...they may save us yet) and disarmed good guys in France.....

Guns The Difference Between Garland And Paris

When armed terrorists attacked Charlie Hebdo headquarters over Muhammad cartoons on January 7, unarmed police officers were forced to flee for their lives. When armed men attacked people gathered in Garland, Texas, on May 3 over Prophet Muhammad cartoons, armed police cut them down — and the Daily Mail reported that the body of one was left lying the street while police searched for explosives.

The difference between Garland and Paris can be summed up in one word: guns.

On January 7, CBS News relayed reports from Britain’s Telegraph newspaper that the first two officers to arrive “were apparently unarmed” and “fled after seeing gunmen armed with automatic weapons and possibly a grenade launcher.” The UK’s Independent reported that “three policemen arrived on bikes but had to leave because [the attackers] were armed.”

BBC reported the Paris gunmen killed 12 in their attack on Charlie Hebdo headquarters; that number includes 8 Charlie Hebdo “eight journalists, two police officers, a caretaker and a visitor.”

Moreover, the terrorists were able to continue their attack at different points in and around the city for the next 48 hours.

Biggest difference is that this attack was in Texas, we dont tolerate jihad in Texas.

This is also why a terrorist attack like the ones in Mumbai and Kenya....where they attacked train stations and a mall...you can see actual footage in the documentaries on those attacks....why they will be less successful here....our police....and our citizens are more likely to be armed...and able to immediately resist a violent attack....

The attack in Mumbai...the police....without a gun culture were afraid and did not engage the initial attacks.....in Kenya, at the mall massacre....it took 2 hours for armed police brave enough to enter the mall........

This attack was shut down immediately because our police are armed.....

Does anyone know if the center where this was at was a "gun free zone?"

There is the similarity that both attacks were in retaliation for what was perceived to be hate speech.

Biggest difference is that this attack was in Texas, we dont tolerate jihad in Texas.

Sure we do. It just depends on who is behind the hate and the attacks.

Fundie christian = tolerated.
kkk/white supremacists = tolerated.

Who was that nutter who was burning or wanted to burn korans? Jones? He's been very quiet. Is he even still around? Wasn't there a fatwa against him? Is he quiet because he's afraid of getting shot?

I don't find the two very comparable. Texas was a one day event loaded with security. France was just another day there, they couldn't have that kind of security every day.

There is the similarity that both attacks were in retaliation for what was perceived to be hate speech.

Who was that nutter who was burning or wanted to burn korans? Jones? He's been very quiet. Is he even still around? Wasn't there a fatwa against him? Is he quiet because he's afraid of getting shot?

Hmmm...which Christians launched an attempted mass murder? and the kkk.....what attack did those democrats launch?

I don't find the two very comparable. Texas was a one day event loaded with security. France was just another day there, they couldn't have that kind of security every day.

Yeah....the responding police...that was the issue...the responding police, the ones who first encountered the terrorists in France were unarmed, allowing the killers to escape.....regular police stopped the guys in Texas.....

Was this event in a gun free zone?

Yeah....the responding police...that was the issue...the responding police, the ones who first encountered the terrorists in France were unarmed, allowing the killers to escape.....regular police stopped the guys in Texas.....

Yes the Texas cops had a lot of reason to expect something though. So glad the bad guys were only ones killed. I'm still uncertain if the police were unarmed or just outgunned in france. I read both from various sources.

How many fundie christian attacks have killed people in Texas? Shut up doofus

Yes the Texas cops had a lot of reason to expect something though. So glad the bad guys were only ones killed. I'm still uncertain if the police were unarmed or just outgunned in france. I read both from various sources.

It isn't possible that the French police were out gunned....France has strict gun control...and fully automatic, military grade rifles, hand grenades, pistols and rocket propelled grenades are all strictly illegal in France.... I don't know where you get your information, but the gun men in France could not have had any guns....since they are illegal in France, which has strict gun control......

How many fundie christian attacks have killed people in Texas? Shut up doofus

Action
Reaction

Just because one did not happen it does not mean the other did not.
For example: no one has shot Terry Jones but that does not mean he did not burn a koran.

But, why Texasss only? You really think that's they only shit hole in the country?

Just be glad the shooters were killed.

And keep in mind....one man with a pistol...took out two attackers with rifles..........nice shooting....do you know how many lives that man saved?

Forum List

Back