Beloved High School Basketball Coach Dies After Attempting to Rob a Mexican Drug Cartel in North Carolina

This is what happens when someone watches too much 'Breaking Bad" and decides to live the dream:

A teacher and basketball coach at a North Carolina school was killed in a shooting after trying to rob the home of a Mexican drug cartel member, authorities said Wednesday.
Barney Dale Harris and his brother-in-law, Steven Alexander Stewart Jr., were accused of robbing an alleged "stash house" last Thursday belonging to a member of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, one of the world's most powerful drug trafficking organizations, Alamance County Sheriff Terry Johnson said at a news conference.

Investigators determined Harris and Stewart broke into the mobile home of Alonso Beltra Lara and waited for him to come back, according to the sheriff. When the man returned home, a shooting broke out that resulted in the deaths of Harris and Lara, Johnson said.
Deputies responded around 1 a.m. to multiple calls of gunfire at the residence in the 1000 block of Wyatt Road in Green Level, about 30 miles northwest of Greensboro, according to the sheriff's office. Officers found the bodies of Harris, who was pronounced dead at the scene, and Lara, who was taken to a hospital, where he later died from his injuries, authorities said.
"It was almost like an old Western shootout," Johnson said. No other injuries were reported, but three other trailers were struck by bullets.
Harris, wearing a bulletproof vest, gloves and a face mask, was shot multiple times, according to the sheriff. Lara, whose hands and feet were bound, was shot twice in the back of the head.
During the investigation, deputies seized five firearms, around $7,000 in cash and 1.2 kilograms of cocaine, authorities said.

Stewart, 32, was arrested Sunday in connection with the shooting after a search of his home in Wadesboro turned up "related objects tied to the crime scene," Johnson said. He was charged with first-degree murder, first-degree burglary and possession of firearm by felon in connection to the shooting, according to authorities.
The guys that are too stupid to know their limitations are destined to have shit like this happen to them. This is just a form of thinning out the herd, getting rid of the stupid

soon as I opened the thread and saw folks like you posting I knew he was black.
I suspect you knew even before that

“Beloved basketball coach dies in drug shootout”

Was basketball your first clue?

Did your mind see a 5’7" korean guy or someone who looks like LeBron James?

Be honest now

What if the headline said “beloved advanced math and science teacher?”

Would you have even bother to scan the story?

Maybe not since the odds of it involving a member of your community just went way down

Last edited:

Be honest now

Maybe not since the odds of it involving a member of your community just went way down
So are you dumb enough to believe that there are no black advanced math or science teachers. Your racism shows more and more with each post.

Be honest now

So are you dumb enough to believe that there are no black advanced math or science teachers. Your racism shows more and more with each post.
I’m sure there are a few

But not enough to displace whites and asians as the face of math and science

Your little 13% of America is better know as shootists, sucker punchers of elderly asian women , and of course basketball players

I know many excellent black math and science teachers. Nothing unusual about it
I have met a few myself

But my previous remarks still stand

When the public thinks of math and science blacks are the notable exception

This is what happens when someone watches too much 'Breaking Bad" and decides to live the dream:

A teacher and basketball coach at a North Carolina school was killed in a shooting after trying to rob the home of a Mexican drug cartel member, authorities said Wednesday.
Barney Dale Harris and his brother-in-law, Steven Alexander Stewart Jr., were accused of robbing an alleged "stash house" last Thursday belonging to a member of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel, one of the world's most powerful drug trafficking organizations, Alamance County Sheriff Terry Johnson said at a news conference.

Investigators determined Harris and Stewart broke into the mobile home of Alonso Beltra Lara and waited for him to come back, according to the sheriff. When the man returned home, a shooting broke out that resulted in the deaths of Harris and Lara, Johnson said.
Deputies responded around 1 a.m. to multiple calls of gunfire at the residence in the 1000 block of Wyatt Road in Green Level, about 30 miles northwest of Greensboro, according to the sheriff's office. Officers found the bodies of Harris, who was pronounced dead at the scene, and Lara, who was taken to a hospital, where he later died from his injuries, authorities said.
"It was almost like an old Western shootout," Johnson said. No other injuries were reported, but three other trailers were struck by bullets.
Harris, wearing a bulletproof vest, gloves and a face mask, was shot multiple times, according to the sheriff. Lara, whose hands and feet were bound, was shot twice in the back of the head.
During the investigation, deputies seized five firearms, around $7,000 in cash and 1.2 kilograms of cocaine, authorities said.

Stewart, 32, was arrested Sunday in connection with the shooting after a search of his home in Wadesboro turned up "related objects tied to the crime scene," Johnson said. He was charged with first-degree murder, first-degree burglary and possession of firearm by felon in connection to the shooting, according to authorities.
images (3).jpeg

Forum List

Back