Being A Law Enforcement Officer

So many people would rather a cop not shoot and be killed themselves. I find this sad.
I have not seen anyone say that. Nor have I seen anyone say that a policeman's job is easy.

What I HAVE seen said is that they should be held to the same or higher standards. That when they kill someone, they should be required to face a trial just like everyone else. I have also seen plenty of people say they want cops to follow the law. That they are not above the law.

Most cops are good guys and risk their lives to do a very tough job. But that minority of cops who think they are above the law are not making it any better for the good cops. The good cops should be turning the bad ones in and working to remove them from the force.
Not only do some people wish harm on cops, some of them kill them for being cops. Maybe you don't get the news there? No one says it's easy but when a cop defends citizens or himself he is assumed to be racially motivated if the people was black and he was white. For many, cops are racist until proven otherwise. If blacks are committing most of the crimes in an area then it's racial profiling when they get arrested.

That's not just stupid, it's a dangerous level of stupidity and will, and does, cause big problems. Putting every shooting death on trial might be a boon for lawyers but would be horrible for society. it assumes a certain level of guilt, until proven otherwise.

If I shoot some asshole that breaks into my home I damn sure don't want the state to force me into a trial. It could easily bankrupt me, I might as well let anyone take anything the want.

Damn good post! :thup:

The OP is a dupe.

I'll bet she thinks that the. Cook County Correctional Facility looks like a luxury resort. Fucking learn.

What a stupid, non sequitur filled post.

Good to see you are continuing to work to ability.

Yeah...it was inside baseball. But....I'm guessing you know what I was referring to.

No, it wasn't inside baseball....it was simply stupid.
And the current post is your attempt at explaining your stupidity.
BTW....explaining your stupidity is like putting a ducking stool on the Titanic....hardly necessary.

Your thread is stupid....isn't it? It was you regurgitating something you saw on a nutjob website....or something that "a friend" sent you. You think by obeying the instructions to "pass it on" you are accomplishing something important. As if showing a case where cops did not use excessive force excuses all cases where they did. Juvenile. Stupid. You did what you were told. Sucker.

Now....tell me the lie again. The one where you have no idea what the reference to the Cook County Correctional Facility is. Why begin to be honest now?

Post # 12 applies here as well.

Wow AmericanFirst, way to tell him! You sure showed him with that fact-filled and illuminating response. Were you on the debate team?
Thanks, somebody had to tell the fool.

Yep, and you did. Nothing like "STFU" as a way to dispel his points and show him who knows the topic.

True,he went to the STFU too soon, but with many here that is all you can do in the end. LL is one such person. ZERO interest in facts.

Wow AmericanFirst, way to tell him! You sure showed him with that fact-filled and illuminating response. Were you on the debate team?

Yep, and you did. Nothing like "STFU" as a way to dispel his points and show him who knows the topic.

True,he went to the STFU too soon, but with many here that is all you can do in the end. LL is one such person. ZERO interest in facts.

Is that right? I must be on your ignore list then.

Not yet, but keep it up and you may soon be.

And seriously, I think even you understand the difference between being shot because you pointed a gun at someone and being sentenced to death for stealing shoes.

And seriously, I think even you understand the difference between being shot because you pointed a gun at someone and being sentenced to death for stealing shoes.

What the fuck!

You claim to put those who are not interested in facts on ignore. You then claim that I have ZERO interest in facts...but you have not put me on iggy. Something doesn't compute.

I am among the most fact-based posters here, chief. I'm also one of the few who will admit an error and flat out apologize if needed. You....on the other hand.....

And...what the fuck are you referring to regarding shoes?

Put me on iggy, loser.

What the fuck!

You claim to put those who are not interested in facts on ignore. You then claim that I have ZERO interest in facts...but you have not put me on iggy. Something doesn't compute.

I am among the most fact-based posters here, chief. I'm also one of the few who will admit an error and flat out apologize if needed. You....on the other hand.....

Put me on iggy, loser.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks."

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2,

What the fuck!

Put me on iggy, loser.

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2,

Whoa! Something else you are wrong about! Your record is safe.

What the fuck!

Put me on iggy, loser.

LOL obviously my ignore list is a work in progress and I give MULTIPLE chances before I put someone on ignore.

That beign said, how many threads have we been in together? Not many, in fact this is the one of about five that I can recall off the top of my head, I too can admit to mistakes, Perhaps I jumped to conclusions about your posting too quickly based on this one thread where you are ignoring facts.

In either case, you're not going on ignore yet, but we'll see...

So many people would rather a cop not shoot and be killed themselves. I find this sad.

This shows direct defiance. Bless our officers. They are really in the military in a sense.

"Allen, 34, was shot and killed by an Oregon State Police trooper during an exchange of multiple gunshots Thursday along Interstate 84 just east of Biggs Junction, a little more than 100 miles east of Portland.

"It's just completely out of character – it doesn't add up," said Tiffany Still Swiff Haines of Pittsburgh. Haines met Allen when they attended Reizenstein Middle School in the East Liberty neighborhood, later graduating from George Westinghouse High School in 1997.

An autopsy showed Allen died of a single gunshot wound to the chest.

According to authorities, Allen got out of his car after a traffic stop along the stretch of freeway and fired at 26-year-old OSP trooper Matthew Zistel, striking Zistel in his left side. Zistel also fired and hit Allen in the chest. Allen got back in his car and drove about a half mile before stopping his car."
Friend of Portland man who died after shooting OSP trooper says incident out of character OregonLive.com

What the fuck!

Put me on iggy, loser.

Hamlet Act 3, scene 2,

Whoa! Something else you are wrong about! Your record is safe.

You get up on the wrong side of the cage today?

Forum List

Back