Bees use tools

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
We have no forum for NATURE. Would be nice to have one, dontcha think? This isn't environment..its nature, comprised of fellow beings on this earth and nothing fascinates me more than to read about this stuff. I could watch ants outside for hours and never get bored.

ANYWAY....bees were discovered using a neat tool to help combat killer wasps, aka murder wasps aka asian wasp. See, those wasps automatically go after honey bees. They chomp off their heads. And they plan raid parties to bee hives, and kill all the honey bees, take over the hive and munch on larvae, and what bees are left edible enough to eat. Cannibals they are.

So...the bees are now coating their hives with....drumroll.....poop. Cow poop, chicken poop...whatever poop they can find. Researchers didn't know what those brownish black coverings were on hives they were watching...until one of them decided to test the brown stuff. Poop. Seems that killer wasps do not poop and makes them stay away.

Cool, eh?

We have no forum for NATURE. Would be nice to have one, dontcha think? This isn't environment..its nature, comprised of fellow beings on this earth and nothing fascinates me more than to read about this stuff. I could watch ants outside for hours and never get bored.

ANYWAY....bees were discovered using a neat tool to help combat killer wasps, aka murder wasps aka asian wasp. See, those wasps automatically go after honey bees. They chomp off their heads. And they plan raid parties to bee hives, and kill all the honey bees, take over the hive and munch on larvae, and what bees are left edible enough to eat. Cannibals they are.

So...the bees are now coating their hives with....drumroll.....poop. Cow poop, chicken poop...whatever poop they can find. Researchers didn't know what those brownish black coverings were on hives they were watching...until one of them decided to test the brown stuff. Poop. Seems that killer wasps do not poop and makes them stay away.

Cool, eh?

I read about That.

Then I found this one.

Whew ... I'll start worrying when bees steal electricity from a farmer's house ...
Ha ha ha ... sorry, couldn't resist ... fascinating article ... thanks for posting ...

Cool, eh?

How do the bee keepers seperate the poop from the honey?

Cool, eh?

How do the bee keepers seperate the poop from the honey?
OUTSIDE the hive. The honey is on the inside.

Forum List

Back