Bed, Bath and Beyond following the trend of the last two decades...closing all shops in Canada

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Companies are leaving Canada in droves. We are a covert Police State which ensures resources are misused, industries and careers controlled and the least impressive/motivated among us run the economy into the ground. Will america follow us into the abyss? We've had Target leave and many well known food brands no longer selling their products in Canada. Please, whatever you do, don't reject God and liberty... Bed Bath & Beyond announces it will leave Canada, shutter all stores, axing some 1,400 jobs

Bed Bath and Beyond has been on a serious decline for years.

It has nothing to do with "God".

You describe Canada despite the efforts by some e of us to try and correct the appartuses that have allowed this. If you think it's bad in the U.S, try Toronto.. $500k for a 400 sq foot basement apartnent condo. All while companies are leaving and innovation/freedom are dirty words here. Yes, God matters. You din't worship government and encourage massive state power when you worship God.

Bed Bath & Beyond is one of my favorite stores. I like their choice of merchandise, from coffee to appliances to bedding, the people are friendly, and they are constantly running "specials." Their prices are very reasonable, and many times I have gone up to the counter to purchase something where the cashier tells me there is a coupon for it; she pulls out the coupon and I save even more. It's great.

My local outlet appears to be on Life Supports, but if I get a vote, I want to keep it. They may not be profitable, but as a customer that's not my concern.

Companies are leaving Canada in droves. We are a covert Police State which ensures resources are misused, industries and careers controlled and the least impressive/motivated among us run the economy into the ground. Will america follow us into the abyss? We've had Target leave and many well known food brands no longer selling their products in Canada. Please, whatever you do, don't reject God and liberty... Bed Bath & Beyond announces it will leave Canada, shutter all stores, axing some 1,400 jobs
We aren't rejecting God and liberty, just Bed Bath & Beyond. We used to have one here, it's gone of course (it's not just Canada, they are going out of business, bankrupt) and I went there a couple times, but they had a small selection of overpriced stuff despite being a big store, IMO. MUCH better to search for more choice on the Internet. After I figured that out, I never went back, and that was when people shopped in stores. Everyone has figured out that the Internet is better for shopping now, so places like that go bust.

I guess the pillows were important after all.

Kiss my dollars good-bye and GTFO, BB&B. Basing business decisions on politics is pure stupid.

You describe Canada despite the efforts by some e of us to try and correct the appartuses that have allowed this. If you think it's bad in the U.S, try Toronto.. $500k for a 400 sq foot basement apartnent condo. All while companies are leaving and innovation/freedom are dirty words here. Yes, God matters. You din't worship government and encourage massive state power when you worship God.
The video lists a bunch of sensible reasons why BB&B is in decline (The rise of online marketing, the foolish decision to buy back their own stock at inflated prices.)

You ascribe it to an angry sky pixie.

If there was an active volcano in Canada, you'd be whining about a lack of virgins to toss into it.

sacrifice-cartoon.jpg

That's because they fucked up the name.
It's supposed to be Bath Bed and then Beyond(normal) :eek: :stir:

Bad example. Bed Bath & Beyond filed for Chapter 11, and they’re closing all their stores and around the world.

Bed Bath & Beyond is just another example of an American chain who came to Canada and tried to Canadians using their American marketing model. Target failed for the same reason. I’m kind of sad because I liked Target.

Canadian Tire tried moving into the USA, using their Canadian marketing model and it was an abject failure too. I don’t think Tim Hortons has ever caught on South of the border either.

Yeah, yet another “slag Canada” thread goes down in flames.

Bad example. Bed Bath & Beyond filed for Chapter 11, and they’re closing all their stores and around the world.

Bed Bath & Beyond is just another example of an American chain who came to Canada and tried to Canadians using their American marketing model. Target failed for the same reason. I’m kind of sad because I liked Target.

Canadian Tire tried moving into the USA, using their Canadian marketing model and it was an abject failure too. I don’t think Tim Hortons has ever caught on South of the border either.

Yeah, yet another “slag Canada” thread goes down in flames.
We need to be an accountable nation instead of a creepy, covert police state that spits on the memories of men who died in Europe. Period. Refer to my posts all you want, this is FACT, I've lived it (and shared the details).

We need to be an accountable nation instead of a creepy, covert police state that spits on the memories of men who died in Europe. Period. Refer to my posts all you want, this is FACT, I've lived it (and shared the details).

We are not a creepy covert police state, and never have been. All of your posts are laughable. They have no basis in reality whatsoever.

I’ve lived in in this country, all of my life, and I’ve hung out with some pretty radical types in my time, both knowingly and unknowingly. Nobody that I have ever heard of his had any problems with CSIS except that Iranian they turned over to the CIA.

Forum List

Back