Beck Destroys Olbermann

It is my belief that the Federal Govt... in this horrible economy.... can't find jobs for their witnesses in the Witness Protection Program... so they are putting them on MSNBC.

No better place to hide them.

:lol::lol:

Olbermann is such a joke - god his rant was funny...

Not quite. The funniest thing was Beck had and still has not the foggiest idea who Capt. Alfred Dreyfus was. Never heard of the man! Thought he was in Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

And then Glenn the Weeper "teaches" his minions "history" lessons!

And his minions, equally ignorant of history, lap it up with a spoon.

and they call this "destroying Olbermann"!

hardy har har! ignorance on parade as intellect.

I would bet $1000 you had never heard of the man before that clip. I have 3 history degrees, including a bachelors in European history and I didn't even recognize the name . I'm sure I've heard it, but it didn't ring a bell. The way the moron was telling the story you would have thought he was talking about someone on Napoleon's scale.
You would have lost $1,000. I heard of Dreyfus long before Beck sat there giggling about his own ignorance.

I simply don't believe you. And I definitely don't believe a clown with a BA in communications just happened to know the whole story of an obscure french historical figure.

As for intellectual vs educated. As I said, I have three history degrees, one a Masters, plus an additional bachelors in library science, and consequently I have spent much time around "intellectuals" and quite frankly some of them are the stupidest people I have ever met, and couldn't function in a real world situation if their lives depended on it, so education and degrees are tools yes, but they do not guarantee that a person is intelligent. Look at our fool of a President or the fool before him who both seemingly made or make bad decisions at every possible turn.

Touting education as intellect is dishonest.

Yes, it is.
The thing is..most of the idiot liberals who wax poetic about how important intellect is, and how superior their own brand is, actually aren't educated at all. Show me someone who likes to go around calling people ignorant at the drop of a hat for things that are silly, and I'll show you someone who wishes he had more education.

I would bet $1000 you had never heard of the man before that clip. I have 3 history degrees, including a bachelors in European history and I didn't even recognize the name . I'm sure I've heard it, but it didn't ring a bell. The way the moron was telling the story you would have thought he was talking about someone on Napoleon's scale.
You would have lost $1,000. I heard of Dreyfus long before Beck sat there giggling about his own ignorance.

I simply don't believe you. And I definitely don't believe a clown with a BA in communications just happened to know the whole story of an obscure french historical figure.

As for intellectual vs educated. As I said, I have three history degrees, one a Masters, plus an additional bachelors in library science, and consequently I have spent much time around "intellectuals" and quite frankly some of them are the stupidest people I have ever met, and couldn't function in a real world situation if their lives depended on it, so education and degrees are tools yes, but they do not guarantee that a person is intelligent. Look at our fool of a President or the fool before him who both seemingly made or make bad decisions at every possible turn.

I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I did know who Olbermann was talking about even as I heard Beck giggle that he didn't yesterday on the radio! The 'Dreyfus Affair', as it came to be known, was not an obscure footnote in French history but a significant precursor to the tragic events of the twentieth century.

And my degree is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.

And, I said in a previous post: education would allow someone to know about Dreyfus. Intellect would allow someone to use the example of Dreyfus as an argument against prejudice.

I'm sorry you don't believe me, but I did know who Olbermann was talking about even as I heard Beck giggle that he didn't yesterday on the radio! The 'Dreyfus Affair', as it came to be known, was not an obscure footnote in French history but a significant precursor to the tragic events of the twentieth century.

And my degree is a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.

And, I said in a previous post: education would allow someone to know about Dreyfus. Intellect would allow someone to use the example of Dreyfus as an argument against prejudice.

j'accuse!

Education would make one aware of Dreyfus. Intellect would allow one to use Dreyfus as an argument against prejudice. Smarts are something Beck and his minions giggle at when their education and intellect fail them (which is often).

You are confusing intelligence with arrogance.

Arrogance should be made fun of at every opportunity possible.

Yea, slander and character assassination of an individual like Shirley Sherrod based on lies is hilarious.

You pea brains would really get a belly laugh at accident scenes...

Since when have you cared about character assassination of an individual? you do it all the time to anyone who has the audacity to disagree with your most exalted positions.

"Destroys"

Are you kidding?

All they did was laugh for six minutes. I was expecting them to, you know, make an argument. But all they did was laugh and call him names. Wow, they sure slapped Keith down. It reminded me of those annoyingly obnoxious drive-time DJs who laugh at their own jokes. And the right wonders why people call them "anti-intellectual."

"Destroys"

Are you kidding?

All they did was laugh for six minutes. I was expecting them to, you know, make an argument. But all they did was laugh and call him names. Wow, they sure slapped Keith down. It reminded me of those annoyingly obnoxious drive-time DJs who laugh at their own jokes. And the right wonders why people call them "anti-intellectual."

It's a good question. Why do you consider them anti-intellectual when Olbermann isn't an intellectual?

As I said earlier, arrogance should be brought down and humbled whenever possible.

It's a good question. Why do you consider them anti-intellectual when Olbermann isn't an intellectual?

Olbermann's status is irrelevant. Laughing at someone and calling him names for making an analogy that is well known throughout the world is the pinnacle of anti-intellectualism. Its an over the top analogy that isn't difficult to refute, but responding by going "Neener neener" on the playground, er, I mean radio, makes them look like 12 year-olds.

As I said earlier, arrogance should be brought down and humbled whenever possible.

You should be pretty busy then because the right-wing sewer media is full of arrogant blowhards claiming to speak for "real" Americans.

Olbermann's status is irrelevant. Laughing at someone and calling him names for making an analogy that is well known throughout the world is the pinnacle of anti-intellectualism. Its an over the top analogy that isn't difficult to refute, but responding by going "Neener neener" on the playground, er, I mean radio, makes them look like 12 year-olds.

You should be pretty busy then because the right-wing sewer media is full of arrogant blowhards claiming to speak for "real" Americans.

He didn't make fun of anyone for making an analogy. A very poor analogy btw. He laughed at him for being an arrogant stiff condescending jerk who takes himself too seriously.

He didn't make fun of anyone for making an analogy. A very poor analogy btw. He laughed at him for being an arrogant stiff condescending jerk who takes himself too seriously.

Bingo - Olby is a moronic parody of a newsman. His yearning to be taken seriously has overtaken any semblance of common sense or self realization.

But man-oh-man is it funny to watch him attempt to play "intellectual"...:lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcI8nWyugQs]YouTube - Keith Olbermann Special Comment On Shirley Sherrod Controversy (Part 1)[/ame]

(And it should be noted that the Beck Mocks Olbermann clip has twice as many youtube views as poor Olby's racism Opus...)

"Destroys"

Are you kidding?

Keith Olbermann is definitely an intellectual. He has a wealth of knowledge and a keen sense of history.

Olbermann attended Hackley School, a private college preparatory school that is a member of the Ivy Preparatory School League. Then, Olbermann enrolled at Cornell University at the age of 16.

What Beck and his pea brain cohort exhibit in this video reminds me of a couple kindergarten kids. But they ably represent Beck's listeners...the fearful, anti-intellectual, paranoid, conspiracy morons in our country...

Hypocrisy can afford to be magnificent in its promises, for never intending to go beyond promise, it costs nothing.
Edmund Burke

And laughing at someone for six minutes isn't being a condescending jerk? FFS, all those blowhards in the sewer media all pompous, condescending windbags.

It is a poor analogy IMO. But Beck made fun of him for making that analogy. Watch the clip. He mocked him for knowing "French history." Then he laughed for six minutes. Wow, that's good radio. Laughing for six minutes. How original. Yes, Beck "destroyed" him.

Last edited:

Bingo - Olby is a moronic parody of a newsman. His yearning to be taken seriously has overtaken any semblance of common sense or self realization.

But man-oh-man is it funny to watch him attempt to play "intellectual"...:lol::lol:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcI8nWyugQs]YouTube - Keith Olbermann Special Comment On Shirley Sherrod Controversy (Part 1)[/ame]

(And it should be noted that the Beck Mocks Olbermann clip has twice as many youtube views as poor Olby's racism Opus...)

Keith Olbermann is a laugh riot...not because he points out anything particularly important in the way of news. But, because he is a screeching,arrogant, panty waist melt down just waiting to happen....and,yes, he takes himself way too seriously. I love it when Beck mocks him...because it's so very accurate LMAO! Here is another clip...shorter verion than his radio show...but funny.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLZiepYb-OQ]YouTube - Beck Again Mocks 'Shakespearean' Olbermann: "Oh, you got to get your own theater"[/ame]

Last edited:
Education would make one aware of Dreyfus. Intellect would allow one to use Dreyfus as an argument against prejudice. Smarts are something Beck and his minions giggle at when their education and intellect fail them (which is often).
Then you agree that while Keef may be educated, he is not an intellectual. :clap2:

Oh, wait...you don't think that educated people are automatically intellectual, do you?

I did not make any assessment about Olbermann. I am incredulous as to why some think that Beck celebrating his own ignorance about Dreyfus equates to a destruction of Olbermann's comment.
Uh huh. :lol:

Beck struts around like he's some fake professor and is now starting his own fake college and you think Olbermann is the arrogant one?

What is wrong with you? Seriously. I'm genuinely curious.

Olber-Douche.jpg

Forum List

Back