because i dont watch american idol i hate music?

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
last night...i entertained...two friends..both female...one ask me if i was watching "american idol" ...i replied that i had not seen it....she goes into a rant about me..."hating music and needing music for stimulus". i mean we are talking major rant...my other guest was kinda taken back by the verbal attack...esp when i said...hey i prefer to read...but it seems reading does not stimulate the brain....you dont use your imagination...well i disagreed...but the rant was on..her major points:

1. when we are in the car, i ask her to turn off the music or turn it down.

my reply: you know i dont hear well and the music will interfer with conversation....are you saying that music is more stimulating than conversation....she said yes...i replied that perhaps with her it was..but i found talking to people more stimulating than hearing music that i can listen to at any time.

2. i do not have...own or know how to operate an ipod. the man has one...

i pointed out that i dealt with assholes daily who are listening to ipods etc...she replies..that they are ruined by the use of ipods and that it has stunted them....and a person needs to use what was used when they were young...i point out..that 8 tracks are damned hard to find.

now for some reason she has it in her head that i will be happier listening to music...more stimulated...she used that word over and over again ....get this ...i couldnt help but notice her nipples were hard...lol...but i digress...

now i am very comfortable in silence...i told her that...silence does not bother me..and i prefer it most of the time...

so my question to yall...in this forum....

what the fuck? is she crazy or am i...when did silence become a bad thing...why cant one be stimulated by silence...she said...silence never changes....

i disagree...so what say you?

I agree with you Bones.

Some people have to have music pumping into their ears 24/7

When does that leave time for an orginal thought?

btw Your friend sounds like a border line psycho!!! :eek:

Last edited:
I love music, I'm passionate about it. But I'm also passionate about silence, and meditating or just thinking while it's silent. You can have both. Some times classical music in the background, lights off and candles burning is like an escape for me. Or just silence. I also like silence in the car, it's when I pray or meditate, usually in the mornings on the way to work.

But other times music soothes my soul.

(now for American Idol, that's not music, that's Karaoke on TV.)

watch it ....or i will talk about old people sex and make you cry lol

I'm sorry, your mouth is moving but I can only hear Taylor Swift. Maybe you can wait until this playlist ends in... let's see... 4:14:23:12 :lol:

I love music. In fact, I have over 50,000 songs on my computer. They don't make Ipods big enough to hold all my music, so I don't have one.
But, I also enjoy reading and silence. I will put on some background music sometimes when I'm reading, but it's low and usually classical.

Your friend sounds like a nut job.

Forum List

Back